It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make sure you vote today. I did.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ttropia

I don't think you should have to get permission... but then again, OK is much dryer than AL. You would be more able to make an informed decision on that than I.

Anyway, it's great to see you reading and learning. That's why ATS is here: to combat the ignorance of the masses.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I dont think you even require a permit in Oklahoma. Iirc, Oklahoma is one of the states that actually encourage RWH.

A2D

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

I sould be an example of how long held beliefs are just wrong sometimes. Please educate your self before you vote! God speed!

I would like to thank everyone on this site for making me a Think Deeper. I used to think I knew it all. Now I know more but nothing at all.
edit on 6-11-2018 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

You live and you learn, friend! Some states like Texas will actually give tax rebates if you participate in RWH... should check it out, OK might do something similar.

A2D

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think we're allowed to complain when we don't like any of the choices. I refuse to choose the lesser of two evils personally.

I rarely do.

Not voting is not a way to fire back though.

We had several important amendments to vote on in my locality.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
In 2011 Houston TX implemented a Drainage Utility Charge which is a monthly fee owners pay for rain runoff from their properties. Pushed as a way to fix drainage.

Hurricane Harvey disagreed with the progress.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
For sure. Especially state wise we had pressing issues:

ITL Initiative 940 Law Enforcement Requires specific trainings for law enforcement and changes the standards for use of deadly force
ITP Initiative 1631 Taxes and Environment Establishes a carbon fee and funds environmental programs
ITP Initiative 1634 Food and agriculture and Taxes Prohibits local governments from enacting taxes on groceries ITP Initiative 1639 Firearms Implements changes to gun ownership and purchase requirements AQ Advisory Vote 19 Taxes and Energy Advises legislature to either repeal or maintain Senate Bill 6269 which expanded the oil spill response tax to apply to pipelines

Wa State Ballot Measures

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Your post makes me wonder. What are the most important issues on your ballot for your state? Which party or candidate supports your views in that state?

If approved, State Question 801 would remove restrictions on how school districts use property tax dollars. Opponents call it a "false remedy." Some supporters say it's a way to pay teachers more.

I work in K12 IT. I have an issue where I buy a $5000 switch for elementary because they have the funds. Elementary has 5 of those switches with 3 not in use. I cannot take one to the highschool where it is needed. I must buy another with tax payers money. Just idiotic at any level.

Things are getting better in my state. I used to have to put up with 2nd grade teacher "Pill Popping Xanney. I guess her spilling milk in the keyboard was OK but god forbid I have a toke before bed time. We passed medical ant the Board of Education took the tokers side.
edit on 6-11-2018 by ttropia because: (type like a drunk monkey)

I a, not a fan of either party in my state but with the Repub iam like "come on really?" With the Dems I am like "I dare you to enforce that!" ass wagons.

What I want to see is more rights for property owners. I will sit at the end of my drive feeding my slaughtered cow to feed any one that is hungry, but want to reserve the right to incapacitate anyone that climbs my fence.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Since it is Election Day, I also elected to get a haircut.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Haven't had one of those in about 10 years... I forget, do they hurt?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

They do not hurt but hair is a sensory supply device. Might as well get a nut cuttin.

That reminded me, I got to steer a few before bedtime. I think they are too small for mountain oysters still. Like 4 months abouts.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

There goes that idea then!

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

There goes that idea then!

TheRedneck

Wheres the adventure? Like voting the wrong party! Feels good at first!

If I didnt know you, your avatar kills me.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I was number 787. And that was at 4:45. Turns out our little township is bigger than I thought. LOL

We had all kinds of proposals, judges I never heard of, and people for the BOT for MSU, again that I never heard of.

But as I've been saying, Prop #1 (Legalization) here in MI was the most important to me and mine.

Had a Very surprising discussion about it today at my new job. I didn't want to say anything, but everyone else shocked me by talking about voting yes for it. People I would have NEVER thought would.

edit on 6-11-2018 by chiefsmom because: clarify

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Only bleeds when I do the cutting. And that one time as a kid when the barber nicked the tip of my ear with the scissors...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join