It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make sure you vote today. I did.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Alabama is also voting on:
  • Allowing the Ten Commandments to be displayed in public places.
  • A declaration in the Constitution concerning reproductive rights.
  • A change to the rules for the Board of Trustees for UA.
  • Allowing a public utility to provide natural gas to residents.
OK, so we've got a screwy, bloated Constitution... trust me, we know...

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I think on a much smaller scale now.

I realized that voting, politics, govt, etc - are all abstract conceptualization based mostly on assumptions, prejudices, or guesstimates.

No one actually knows what they are doing, everyone's just wingin it and dealing with their personal baggage. It's chaos.

So really the theory of the vote is way over rated and exaggerated.

Power is mostly an illusion. A fantasy in our minds.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Voted in St. Louis!

Way longer lines then I saw in '16.

I'm almost more excited to go over the voting data once it is released than I am in the outcome of any one race or amendment, initiative, etc. I like knowing the demographics and the trends and being able to compare with all the competing narratives vs what actually happens.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Soulece

I will not deny your right to stay home on voting day. The right to vote is yours to exercise or not at your own volition. I simply am pointing out that others likely have the same attitude, and that creates the very situation you are not voting over. There's a serious lack of logic in that thinking.

I have seen local elections here decided by less than 10 votes. Ten. I can promise you that hundreds of people stayed home that day because they thought their vote didn't matter. Well, guess what? That day it didn't, when it easily could have. That local official likely had more direct impact on those people's daily lives than all the Presidents and Senators elected in their lifetime.

TheRedneck

I won an election by 6 votes. If you didn't like me and decided not to vote that day, too bad for you. LOL That's why it's important to vote, especially in local elections. I know they could have found 7 more people that hated me very easily if they'd tried! LOL
edit on 6-11-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: entermemo
Voted in St. Louis!

Way longer lines then I saw in '16.

I'm almost more excited to go over the voting data once it is released than I am in the outcome of any one race or amendment, initiative, etc. I like knowing the demographics and the trends and being able to compare with all the competing narratives vs what actually happens.

Our lines today were light. Took me 5 minutes total to walk up, show ID, get my little card, walk to the voting booth, vote (I had 10 pages to navigate/vote on), review my votes to make sure they were what I actually selected, hand in my card and get my sticker.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I've found out that Republicans and Democrats govern about the same way - wastefully.

Sure they talk different but at the end of they day it's pretty much the same. Status quo and all that.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Wait....
You got a sticker??

Hmmmm

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

I've found out that Republicans and Democrats govern about the same way - wastefully.

Sure they talk different but at the end of they day it's pretty much the same. Status quo and all that.

And I agree, but it's the ballot questions and initiatives and some of the local that matter most.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Wait....
You got a sticker??

Hmmmm

We never outgrow our joy of stickers. LOL

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Michigan and North Dakota have got cannabis legalization on the ballot... You should definitely be participating in the election and hopefully voting 'yes', if you come from one of those states.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

And I agree, but it's the ballot questions and initiatives and some of the local that matter most.

"What Matters" is a purely subjective determination, as far as voting in the USA is concerned.

All the good subjects are locked and I have zero voice in them. The stuff that matters to me.

Like do I get to vote on if we have all these nuclear weapons or is this voting thing a silly fantasy to keep the votebots placated?

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Like do I get to vote on if we have all these nuclear weapons or is this voting thing a silly fantasy to keep the votebots placated?

Dude, if you want one that bad, screw voting on it....

Just build one and don't say a word.

hahahaha

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I'm waiting on the day Alabama can follow suit...

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I got a sticker too!

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

TheRedneck

Screw it, Maybe the federal government will wake up and give the nation as a whole a vote.

If states don't want to make money rather than spend it, they can make a law themselves and chase out residents.

We just gotta get rid of Sessions, both sides would be happy about that.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I got a sticker too!

TheRedneck

They should make them scratch and sniff.

Depending on who you vote for it can smell like a giant douche or a turd sandwich.

IDK what Mickey Mouse smells like, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

TheRedneck

I couldn't wait around forever lol.

I just moved out of frustration.

It will be like 30 yrs before Tennessee, Texas, or Alabama fix that law.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The way it's worded now, it takes both the state and the Feds to really make it right.

And yeah, was talking to my son earlier... Sessions has been a major disappointment. Sorry.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I got a sticker too!

TheRedneck

They should make them scratch and sniff.

Depending on who you vote for it can smell like a giant douche or a turd sandwich.

IDK what Mickey Mouse smells like, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

He smells like cheddar cheese.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Minnie Mouse?

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join