It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Eye-Opening Revelation and the Stuff of New Conspiracy: CIA, IRAN, SYRIA, and More...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: loam

Great OP -- great research, well written, very reasonable and logical.

I don't believe Team Obama wanted to fix anything. At least not in our best interest.

Obama is a closet Muslim that did all he could to undermine "the great satin", USA.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I just think he's a simple charlatan. Said one thing, did another.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I just think he's a simple charlatan. Said one thing, did another.

Probably both but surely a racially prejudiced attitude and resentment.

Edit: His wife blatantly stated that attitude. Never proud of the US until Obama was elected.
edit on 3-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Edit again: Damn good post, by the way.
edit on 3-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Oh, so these were the Facebook security issues and breaches we heard about?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Maybe. The impression I got was these were fake corporate websites.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 12:35 AM
link   
So I came across another interesting angle on this whole debacle.

In July of this year, a blog named Intel Today posted this interesting piece:

Former CIA Jerry Lee Case — Why the Disinformation?

“Lee, a former CIA case officer, allegedly conspired to provide information to the Chinese government about the national defense of the United States. Lee’s alleged actions betrayed the American people and his former colleagues at the CIA. We will not tolerate such threats to our country or its national security.”

Assistant Attorney General Demers — May 8, 2018

Former CIA officer Jerry Lee is charged with “Conspiracy to gather or deliver Defense Information to aid a Foreign Government.” But several media have reported that Lee has been charged for passing classified information which helped the Chinese government dismantle a US spy network. This is simply disinformation. But ask yourself a simple question: Why the lies? What is the CIA trying to hide here? Whatever it is, I promise you that the hidden story is big and ugly.

There's much to unpack here. But it will have to wait until I have a bit more time.

This guy has obviously been chasing this story for awhile. He has several posts on the subject.

But in this article, he concludes with:

So, why the disinformation?

So far, the stories of former CIA officers Jeffrey Sterling and Jerry Lee have been told as if they were disconnected events. And we do not know what is the exact content of John Reidy’s allegations against the CIA. But the timeline and the context certainly suggest that there may be a connection between these stories. If true, the CIA is trying to hide the biggest scandal in US history since IranGate.

In 2010, John Reidy submitted a complaint to the CIA’s internal watchdog, the Inspector General’s Office. One issue involved what Reidy alleged was fraud between elements within the CIA and contractors. Another issue involved what he called a “massive” and “catastrophic” intelligence failure due to a bungled foreign operation. Question: What failed CIA op is Reidy alleging to? It would seem that Reidy discovered that the communication system used by the CIA assets was not secured. Stay tuned…

When people say big conspiracies can't hide. I think they're very wrong.

The public is asleep on this one.

edit on 4-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Boadicea

At the very least, bad critters exploited a known weakness. I don't believe Team Obama wanted to fix anything. At least not in our best interest.

He's far from a good president IMO.

That said, I don't want to put this on him so the guilty aren't held accountable.

I'd be hard pressed to believe the president has much knowledge of the inner workings of the CIA, much less the power to change the systems they use.

Let me apologize up front, not attacking anybody individually, this is just so appalling, that it boggles the mind.

So essentially you are saying a governmental agency has grown so powerful that its beyond the President's abilities to understand much less manage and oversee. Wouldnt that take the head of the CIA lying to the President over and over, cause that damn sure ought to be in the CIA's director's sphere of responsibilities.

Reading the depth and breadth of this puts me in a little bit of bad mood.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I'll try not to speak in absolutes here as I may have stretched before.

I've never been the president so I can't say that in definite.

But it's been widely accused, if not proven that they operate off of black funds.

History has shown that either presidents have had plausible deny ability, or are lying.

Either way you cut it though, presidents don't decide the technological backbone CIA communication operates on.

Just because we vote a career politician, business man, or former lawyer as president doesn't mean they are qualified in micromanaging specialized and technical decision making.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Obama is a closet Muslim that did all he could to undermine "the great satin", USA.

Could be...Wouldn't surprise me if he's just a self-serving narcissist either.

At some point it doesn't matter why he can't be trusted... It just matters that he can't be trusted!

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Boadicea

At the very least, bad critters exploited a known weakness. I don't believe Team Obama wanted to fix anything. At least not in our best interest.

He's far from a good president IMO.

That said, I don't want to put this on him so the guilty aren't held accountable.

I'd be hard pressed to believe the president has much knowledge of the inner workings of the CIA, much less the power to change the systems they use.

Maybe if his mom was a CIA Agent as we have seen reports to that being the case, he did know?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Could be...Wouldn't surprise me if he's just a self-serving narcissist either.

At some point it doesn't matter why he can't be trusted... It just matters that he can't be trusted!

Correct on that.

Doesn't matter why, except to understand the actions taken. Too late now since the damage is done and the water is over the dam.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Amazing OP, Well written and tought out!

Thats' some homeland kinda stuff going on these days. It's hard not to think about how much her server play'd into all these breaches.

They dismantled CIA Operative systems using google? Is that partly because of the sophistication of their algorythm or just because CIA was sloppy?

If google wasnt around this wouldnt have happened?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Loam,

Excellent thread! This is ATS. Thank you.
Second, what are they hiding?

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok
Loam,

Excellent thread! This is ATS. Thank you.
Second, what are they hiding?

I suspect whatever it is, it is very important and with life altering consequences.
edit on 4-11-2018 by Justoneman because: grammar

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Wow, well put together OP and very compelling discussion. S+F

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Maybe if his mom was a CIA Agent as we have seen reports to that being the case, he did know?

Excellent point.

Obama himself had plenty of questionable associations which the CIA were undoubtedly aware of. The CIA definitely knows more about Obama and his connections far better than we do.

Since we cannot trust either Obama or the CIA, its fair and reasonable to wonder about the possibilities...

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Fantastic write up!
Can't wait to dig in on this and see what else might surface. This certainly sheds new light on U.S. activities abroad during the years in question and explains otherwise unexplainable actions.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

a reply to: Justoneman

Excellent point.

Obama himself had plenty of questionable associations which the CIA were undoubtedly aware of. The CIA definitely knows more about Obama and his connections far better than we do.

Since we cannot trust either Obama or the CIA, its fair and reasonable to wonder about the possibilities...

So true IMO, all you have here.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

With regards to Reidy, there are very few news articles that come up; of the articles that I have found, these are the only two in English that I've found, both from McClatchy:

The CIA case involves former contractor John Reidy, who asserts he was punished after warning of a “catastrophic failure” in the spy agency’s operations.

“It was a recipe for disaster,” Reidy wrote in his appeal, which was redacted by intelligence officials. “We had a catastrophic failure on our hands that would ensnare a great many of our sources.”

His lawyer, Kel McClanahan, said Reidy was in charge of identifying foreign sources and systems in the telecommunications and computer fields that would be of interest to U.S. intelligence agencies.

Reidy also was responsible for developing intelligence operations against those targets, his lawyer said.

McClanahan said his client is not permitted to discuss the case in more detail even with him because the CIA says the information is classified.

Reidy asserts that he first detected vulnerabilities in a CIA program in 2006, according to the appeal filing obtained by McClatchy.

Signs of the problems included “anomalies in our operations and conflicting intelligence reporting that indicated several of our operations had been compromised,” he wrote, adding that he noticed “sources abruptly and without reason ceasing all communications with us.”

He also alleged botched intelligence reporting.

“Much of the reporting collected was titled ‘atmospherics’ that did not meet the standard of reportable intelligence (redacted),” he wrote.

“Atmospherics generally consisted of scuttlebutt you could hear on the streets,” he wrote. “We still counted this reporting to bolster our metrics – because it was how productivity was determined.”

At one point, Reidy said, he and others realized they had a “massive intelligence failure on our hands.”

“I was told . . . upwards of 70 percent of our operations had been compromised,” he wrote.

He said he reported the problems at a time when the “U.S. communications infrastructure was under siege” by hackers.

It’s unclear whether the vulnerabilities themselves involved hackers or not. The CIA excised the details from the appeal.

“There is no doubt that what I have reported has been critical and embarrassing to (the) CIA,” Reidy wrote in his appeal. “I would have been able to provide more evidence to back up my appeal but (the) CIA holds all the cards.”

Reidy asserted his supervisors and the CIA ignored the problems and punished him by removing him from his contract.

“They did not want to admit the obvious because it was their funding, their platforms, their officers and their unwillingness to change course that (led) to future compromises,” he wrote.

Pentagon, CIA instructed to re-investigate whistleblower cases

Looking at this article with the hindsight benefit of your article shows how the CIA was more interested in CYA tactics and protecting their funding than in actually fixing a problem which was identified.

And.

John Reidy, a former CIA contractor, recently cited his frustration with the inspector general’s handling of his case in his appeal to the new intelligence community panel. Reidy claimed he was demoted and eventually fired in retaliation after he tried to raise the alarm in 2007 on an “intelligence failure” by the spy agency.

His lawyer McClanahan said he understood that “the intelligence failure involved U.S. government activity that was supposed to be covert but was done in such a bungled way that it was virtually guaranteed to be discovered.”

CIA inspector general investigators didn’t interview Reidy until two years after he first went to them and then only after being directed to do so by the House Intelligence Committee, McClanahan said.

The inspector general’s office also prevented Reidy from telling McClanahan more details because they might be classified, the lawyer said.
emphasis mine

Intelligence, defense whistleblowers remain mired in broken system

How screwed up is it that Reidy could not discuss fully with his attorney the details of his case due to the level of classification attached? It seems to me that there should be some way for this to be addressed.

Interestingly enough, there are a number of articles written in Arabic. Google news search specifying dates prior to 01/01/2016:

I don't know whether or not these articles actually discuss Mr. Reidy or if these results return pages that merely mention him. Others who can read the language might be able to shed more light in this corner.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Pentagon, CIA instructed to re-investigate whistleblower cases 

Looking at this article with the hindsight benefit of your article shows how the CIA was more interested in CYA tactics and protecting their funding than in actually fixing a problem which was identified. 

I expect this is notable too:

CIA secretly intercepted Congressional communications about whistleblowers

I'm going to dig into it when I can... Unless someone beats me to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join