It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people defend Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I actually think Trump is one of the most Patriotic presidents the US has had in a while...

That's the same attribute found in all those guys printed in the paper money.

edit on 3-11-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

He gets tough on immigration, and trying to stoke the economy, and thats it that all our problems are forever solved and He is The Messiah that is going to save US from everything that has been oppressing US internally, and driving US to oppress others externally.

Its sorta like Obama appeased (stoked the egos of) environmentalists and minority identity types, and thats that He is forever their humble Messiah.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Post removed by ATS staff
edit on 5/11/18 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: ALSTA

Yeah I know all that, I get that, you miss the point

A lot of people defend him as if he was/is perfect
He isn't and I don't think even Trump pretends to be

My question is why are people trying to make Trump perfect when clearly he isn't and isn't even trying to be

People are defending him for the most stupid things

I don't think i missed the point at all, I'll try putting it another way -

Because to the majority he is perfect, a perfectly good representative of themselves for those that are capable of true self evaluation so therefore a perfectly good and best chance at real change towards a system that truly understands and impliments what the common person wants/ needs/ desires for prosperity.

A perfectly good example of not being afraid of making the tough decisions with the balls to say it how it is.

You know what we'd all like to be doing in a perfect world.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I for myself only defend him where it´s due.

The more lies and bull# the press tells, the more I will defend against those lies. You should see the German press hating on him. It´s pretty clear that even here, the press is not unbiased. They hated Bush and loved Clinton. They loved everything Obama did but hate everything Trump does.

Who does this? The liberal media. If you ask me, that´s a bit to black/white to reflect reality but the minions won´t register that.

Trump may not be the "well-rounded-guy" Obama was, but this comes when you actually have a spine.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Both parties have plenty of idiots in them. There is a long list.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Somehow defending truth has become defending Trump.

When the media lies, I will call them on it.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Raggedyman.

You call trump out when he lies?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

He is not those things you write in your intro. That is why

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Well tell me what is he

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Many of us counter false allegations.

Many of us are critical of valid faults he (Trump) has.

Many conflate those of us who voted for Trump with Trump so we're not defending Trump as much as we were defending assertions that we were islamophobic, racist, sexist, etc.

*shrug*

The shouts and accusations have become so extreme that it's become a joke. "Trump's literally Hitler". "Trump's literally Stalin."

These claims are not just from extremist pundits but politicians and MSM.

People gone crazy with their Trump-hate, so it seems like many of us defend and adore Trump in comparison.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Raggedyman.

You call trump out when he lies?

Yes and I say he says stupid stuff all the time. 90% of the 'lies' I have fact checked Trump did not lie and told the truth and the media lied.

Trump: Fake news media is the enemy of the people
Fake News Media: Trump says the Press is the enemy of the people.

They lie non stop. So I call out Trump when he lies. Do you call out the press when they lie?
edit on 3-11-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

All those left leaning politicians sure didn't mind taking photos with trump when they were pining for his money.
Maybe ask them the question.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I choose my leaders not because they are perfect (no human is), I choose my leaders because they can best lead and complete goals that are mostly aligned with mine. Trump is not perfect, but I support him because he can best accomplish much of my vision of America.

For a racist he sure did much to help the Black Community and back then he was praised for it by the Dems. Now that he is running as a Republican all those deeds are just conveniently swept under the rug and he is portrayed as a White Nationalist (which he is not).

edit on 3-11-2018 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Because he is being attacked.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

Hypocrisy of politics. Trump has done an excellent job of exposing it. He is also a hypocrite. So the question is valid. Why are people defending him? What are they gaining?

The belief was he would get them money because he had experience in making money. He was the thing that would enable people to get the money to get the things they wanted. It has less to do with defending him and more about defending the ability to acquire stuff. Many Democrats that hate him now also believed in his ability to get them stuff they wanted which is well documented.

So in summary, people in general are not really defending him. They are defending their ability to earn / keep their money, maybe earn more, grow their businesses, start one. So far, he has delivered on it.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

Because he is being attacked.

Don't think you really understood the question there fella

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Most the time it's simply a running joke to poke fun at the ones that saw Obama as the Messiah, aside from that I think most are acknowledging he's not perfect it's just pointing out the fact that he is who he has always been. People didn't expect him to turn into a politician and it's ridiculous that people haven't tried to understand his mentality. He is a hardliner who negotiates from a place of power, he says things with absolution, but most rational people realize that is just a persona he presents so people dont think they can try him with the upper hand. His negotiation tactics are similar to lil' Kim's. The difference is he has the power, but doesnt plan on using it. Lil' Kim doesn't so he has to prove his power though instability.

I find it hypocritical from people that tell me I should be more understanding of people and how circumstances shape their person, to be so adamant about searching for offense so they justify their outrage and vitriol.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Compared to both Bush senior and his son Trump is a choirboy. Maybe even a saint... you do not want to hear what the Bushes may have said about the black comunity in private surroundings and intemate friends. You do not want to count the people who have died because of the profits made by the Bushes.. Upto this day Trump is a very midiocre president who has probably a problem handling diplomacy but there is no real reason to be against him to this day... Imho he is trying to solve and manage problems left for him within a government invested with corruption and against him..

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

That's a pretty fair comment
Logical and reasoned

But not sure it's a running joke, some people seem to think Trump is perfect
I wouldn't want him to be

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join