It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wind Farms : A clean fuel or a health hazard.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: stormcell

That was what I heard as well. It is the low frequency noise (LFN) that causes the most issues:

Abstract:

Wind turbines emit low frequency noise (LFN) and large turbines generally generate more LFN than small turbines. The dominant source of LFN is the interaction between incoming turbulence and the blades. Measurements suggest that indoor levels of LFN in dwellings typically are within recommended guideline values, provided that the outdoor level does not exceed corresponding guidelines for facade exposure. Three cross-sectional questionnaire studies show that annoyance from wind turbine noise is related to the immission level, but several explanations other than low frequency noise are probable. A statistically significant association between noise levels and self-reported sleep disturbance was found in two of the three studies. It has been suggested that LFN from wind turbines causes other, and more serious, health problems, but empirical support for these claims is lacking.

iopscience.iop.org...

Yet, empirical evidence is still lacking. It appears not only do wind turbines not affect self-reported sleep disturbance, stress, nor illness or chronic diseases but property values are also not affected. That is not to say other visual and vibrational factors do not annoy people, they do. As well, with our bird populations dwindling, this should be a major factor in the redesign of wind turbine bladess, not necessarily eliminating them all together. I would, however, like to see studies into how vibrations caused by wind turbines may or may not impact humans and wildlife.

From the source below, it appears that health issues can be attributed to other factors, perhaps including wind turbine noise and visuals; an interesting read.

The following was found to be statistically associated with increasing levels of WTN:

annoyance towards several wind turbine features (i.e. noise, shadow flicker, blinking lights, vibrations, and visual impacts).

www.canada.ca... s.html

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ALSTA

I got these from the Google search...thanks

3 Ecological Effects of Wind-Energy Development

Environmental Impacts of Wind Power

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join