It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wind Farms : A clean fuel or a health hazard.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ALSTA
So now wind farms have been up and running for a while some people are reporting serious health issues amoungst other things.

ie : sleep disturbances, headaches, heartbeat rhythm disturbances, even strokes, etc.

Proximity issues are a biggy and resuming of land by govermental bodies with little or no consideration of the publics concerns.

Communities are being divided by this, there are those who don't care about the human costs due to payments of up to $12.000 per turbine per year.

WOW makes for some big bucks if you got the room to put in dozens. ie: farmers who give up on growing and erect these things on their land instead.

So what you think. Is it clean energy or is it bad business.

sciencebasedmedicine.org...>health

They are clean....just blades of a fan turning a generator....now the generated EMF's and EMR's...is something different.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
The problem with wind turbines is that they do have an impact on the natural world and on industrialisation of the countryside.

The best solution is to cluster them out at sea, and away from areas which support large sea bird colonies and bird migrations. In that way they will do good and not have a negative impact.

They've tried to put them out to sea but rich liberals don't like their mansion's ocean views spoiled. There was supposed to be a massive one but the hypocritical rich libs on Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, and Cape Cod only care about such things as long as it doesn't affect them directly. They killed the project.

First Offshore Wind Farm Killed

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Keep the project and kill them would seem to offer one possible solution.

Probably plenty on the other side that think along similar lines aka anyone of monies or means that thinks they're special.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Sounds dubious to me. I don't see how a wind turbine is going to cause a stroke. Maybe someone could explain exactly why they believe this and what it's supposed to be doing that causes "health problems"?

Wind turbines can create infra-sound and associated harmonics. That can create sub-harmonics that can vibrate internal organs (human skull is around 7 Hz).

www.sarahangliss.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: paraphi
The problem with wind turbines is that they do have an impact on the natural world and on industrialisation of the countryside.

The best solution is to cluster them out at sea, and away from areas which support large sea bird colonies and bird migrations. In that way they will do good and not have a negative impact.

They've tried to put them out to sea but rich liberals don't like their mansion's ocean views spoiled. There was supposed to be a massive one but the hypocritical rich libs on Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, and Cape Cod only care about such things as long as it doesn't affect them directly. They killed the project.

First Offshore Wind Farm Killed

Same in Scotland. Trump didn't want the view of his golf course ruined by an offshore wind farm.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

That was what I heard as well. It is the low frequency noise (LFN) that causes the most issues:

Abstract:

Wind turbines emit low frequency noise (LFN) and large turbines generally generate more LFN than small turbines. The dominant source of LFN is the interaction between incoming turbulence and the blades. Measurements suggest that indoor levels of LFN in dwellings typically are within recommended guideline values, provided that the outdoor level does not exceed corresponding guidelines for facade exposure. Three cross-sectional questionnaire studies show that annoyance from wind turbine noise is related to the immission level, but several explanations other than low frequency noise are probable. A statistically significant association between noise levels and self-reported sleep disturbance was found in two of the three studies. It has been suggested that LFN from wind turbines causes other, and more serious, health problems, but empirical support for these claims is lacking.

iopscience.iop.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Haha I had to chuckle at the german-english dialect in your last video. It really sounds aweful..

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: ALSTA

its clean energy. in germany we have many if this. have heard about some sleepproblems but a stroke...? sounds strange.

Theres scientific evidance, refer post reply to BrianFlanders for support.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Cheers, have come across some ecological sources, seems wind disturbances do have effect on vegetation/agriculture.

Have a look at these in regards to your question-

www.nap.edu...>read>chapter
www.science.... direct.com>pii

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

They may be clean but being clean is maybe not enough in the grand scale of things.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.com...
phs.org...>news>2018

edit on 3-11-2018 by ALSTA because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: mikell

You mean you hope it's not an issue, it could be should the cooling ever fail that's a given, then there are potential radioactive leaks to consider which can arise from all manner of different situations.

What's the worst thing a wind turbine can do aside from possibly kill a few birds, catch fire and/or eventually keel over?

The worst thing based on some reports is cause strokes, heart arrhythmia, insomnia which all have a knock on domino effect to basic health.

es-ireland.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Camped about 100 meters away from some for about a fortnight with no perceivable adverse effects other than a hangover most mornings, but that was not the wind turbines fault.

Let's just say i will take them over the alternatives.

As stated "lengthy" amount of time.

Two weeks is hardly lengthy is it?

Your view would change if your family or yourself was exposed for "lengthy" periods of time. ie 6mths plus or years.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Like these?

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes, but more, way more. Everyone get´s one on their roof

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Do you live in a wind turbine? LoL

I bet you i was camping closer than you actually stay next to them.

My view is wind turbines and farms are a great clean source of energy, plenty of others also share that opinion i imagine.

Plus if you don't like living next to the things you are always free to move.

edit on 3-11-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Do you live in a wind turbine? LoL

I bet you i was camping closer than you actually stay next to them.

My view is wind turbines and farms are a great clean source of energy, plenty of others also share that opinion i imagine.

Plus if you don't like living next to the things you are always free to move.

You imagine plenty share your opinion, - no doubt, i imagine by reading lots of personal accounts that plenty do not. Such is the thread so no biggy there.

Plus - if i didn't like living next to them i would move if i found them to be detrimental to my health. But in direct relation to your prediction i think you better get your crystal ball tuned, it's not serving you well.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

So they dont hurt you then?

Ah well, problem solved i imagine.
LoL

Think you may have a small phobia where technology is concerned.
edit on 4-11-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I would love to, but neither link take me to a story about anything.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
They are slowing the earth down day by day. In a few years the day will be 30 hours long.

Somebody has to say it so I said it therefore it must be true!!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Sorry don't know whats going wrong, i have u2u you the info.
My end says the message was sent.
Cheers.
edit on 6-11-2018 by ALSTA because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join