It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme haunted houses - have you ever been?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Feeling in the festive mood for Halloween, I decided to look into extreme haunted house attractions.
Turns out there’s quite a few notables. But one that caught my eye was McKamey Manor.
This attraction is set in San Diego, it takes the standard haunted house theme, then kicks it in the ass and twists it into one heck of a haunted tour.
You sign a waiver, a mental and physical screening test is done on the participant before allowed in.
Most likely because some will have a heart attack.
There’s only 2 ways to get out. Complete it, or if it’s determined that the experience mentally breaks you, they will stop and you will be led out.
This one takes it to the limit then takes 10 steps past.

You get drenched, covered in blood, kidnapped, blind folded, dragged threw a hall way, all in one claustrophobic experience of hell.
I was lucky enough to find a well edited video of the complete tour which is about an hour long total, from what I gather. But it seems like this one has just about everything a person could be scared of.
At one point your even chased down by a maniac with a chainsaw.
There are 5 parts to the video I’m going to post. Each one is about 9-10 minutes.
So it’s up to you if you want to watch them all.
It follows a mother, her husband and kids as they are led deeper and deeper in this horror abyss.
The mother is made to lead the way. And you can see the complete terror in her face every time the family is faced with a new challenge.

Like I said, there’s 5 parts total, I’m only posting the first, once it’s done you will be prompted for the next act. I highly recommend watching it in full if you have the time...

That is unless your too scared.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

i have visited many alledgedly " haunted " sites - and despite the best efforts to transfer thier delusion to me - buy other people - never felt anything strange

infact - when alone - i felt increadibly beacefull and relaxed in one

that said - " McKamey Manor. " is just a over hyped gore fest

i would expect them to pay me to waste my time on that idiocy

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hmm, the tour part would be fun, but then there’s the chamber.
From what I gather, the chamber part of the attraction is a full on torture fest.
You can be buried alive under 12 ft of dirt and you have to figure out how to get out.
I’m pretty sure it’s a select few that would enjoy that type of entertainment.
You get a safe word so it all can stop.
The record is 8 hrs.
Seems pretty intense.
I’d pay to play

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The chamber

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

My house was built in 1790. My kid and mother in law swear it is haunted.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

The last time I entered a Haunted House I was 5, and that didn't last long.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I wanted to create a haunted house where about half way through it the workers would turn on all the lights and claim there was an emergency and to immediately leave the building through emergency exits. Upon exiting they would be seeing a variety of emergency vehicles with paramedics taking away obviously injured people and police men quickly running into the doors that they had just fled. Then of course many gun shots would ring out.

Allow for about 2 minutes and then ask the customers to go ahead and go back into the building to complete the tour and pretend like nothing happened.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I used to do the Zombie Apocalypse here in Atlanta
Some dang real fun
Paintball and Zombies
Dont get no better than that

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Lol! Thanks for this! The first video cracked me up. The mom, after the first creature came out at her- ""Seriously?" She was SO annoyed, and then scared.

I LOVE going through these things and interacting with the actors/creatures/whatever and trying to get them to break character. I've gotten many to laugh. I would love to go through this one!
edit on 31-10-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl
Ya for sure, it looked intense!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I grew up in a house built in the late 1800's. It is right beside a large cemetery.
There are allegedly people buried in the yard. A large weeping willow as a marker for the burial sites.
"Ghostly" phenomenon were not uncommon.
Statistically, living people are much more dangerous than denizens of the spirit world.
I ain't afraid of no ghost.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It seems really strange to me that you can take kids in there with you.

Maybe that's just because haunted houses are completely NOT my thing. No thanks!

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I used to do the Zombie Apocalypse here in Atlanta
Some dang real fun
Paintball and Zombies
Dont get no better than that

Did that a couple weekends back...it's a blast.

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The Beast and The Edge of Hell in Kansas City Mo. I don't live there anymore but when I did, I used to go to these all the time. Not sure if they are considered "Extreme" but they were pretty realistic.

The Beast

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: HummaKavula

That one seems a lot calmer, and a lot more family friendly atmosphere.
I’d go do that one for sure!

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
They're talking about it again!

I dunno about this...

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Holy crap. No no no no no no.

Buried alive?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The only one I've been to is the one inside my head. You really can't get scarier than that.

top topics

join