It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Table Rock Lake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
www.in-fisherman.com...# So I haven't been on a vacation in a long time, probably 10-12 years.. (an actual real vacation, besides canoe tripe and camping trips) I recently made reservations at table rock lake for a house boat for 4 days. It's a 70' boat which I've never drove a big boat like this so I invited my father and mother.. Everything damn near in naturew I've learned from him, he is an identical match to a jack of all trades master of none lol..

Now to the point does anyone have any knowledge of the lake? Is there a good part to fish because we got a grill on the top deck and some freshies might be just what the doctor ordered.. IS there any decent cliff jumping? Many questions but it's booked, 6 months away I'm pretty excited I love Missou

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

Oddly, when I searched "table ock" this was what came up lol. S&F

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

lol I know it's no cryptid or some fancy conspiracy I just know a few from this forum are familiar with the area, just general chit chat.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I can't help but it looks lovely, enjoy

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Would love to have you aboard, ya can't pass up fresh fish really.. just can't say how fresh they are anymore.. think we need a fresh fish analysis from 1980 to now.. would be a cool chart to see.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

anyways going to be a good party with family and friends, 4 bedrooms 2 baths.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well, a barrel of beer, grilled food, and you can hoot all you want and won't bother the neighbors.

sounds like a dream vacation, does it have bedrooms or bathrooms on it?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

yea 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, one working shower.. you supply the gas and they say they pay ya back for it. we'll see, if i won the lotto i could live on something a lot smaller.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I know of 3 table Rock Mountains in two states, never heard of this one. I always wanted to do a houseboat on Lake Powell Utah but the water is always low now and the price has gone sky high!
Hope you have a great vacation! nice of you to ask your Parents along.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

ah they are cool people, always good to me so why not be good back? when I can afford it, my mom is freakin.. I said it's 6 months away she said she already has cabin fever lol.. Illinois winters kinda blow.. literally...

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Drove thru that area just last week...Beautiful country...If all else fails, you can pull into Branston...They likely have fish shops there...

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack

yea 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, one working shower.. you supply the gas and they say they pay ya back for it. we'll see, if i won the lotto i could live on something a lot smaller.

Well, you will need more people if there are four bedrooms. It sounds like a lot of fun. Is it very expensive to rent a boat like that? One thing, you do not need to rent motel rooms anyway.

Isn't that where the have the Rock Ness monster?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
My brother fishes that lake.
I think it's a man made reservoir if my memory still works.
He lives close to there but I have no idea where specifically he goes.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Honestly, look up a local forum our UHG Facebook lots of info there .

You'll get no better information than a kind local. Im always happy to share in person, but not so much online.

Congratulations on booking a great sounding vacation. This is definitely a bucket list item for me.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Motel the day before and the day after, 4 nights, 5 days and the cabins are full, sister and her husband now and older nieces and nephews

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

don't have facebook in awhile but i'll check out the links, thank you

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I’ve been on that lake many a time, especially when I was a kid... once in a giant houseboat like you’re describing. I couldn’t ever keep it going straight... you’d look back and see where we’d been and it was this serpentine back and forth ...

Anyway. It is a man made reservoir and there’s tons of fish in it. You’ll want to go in a cove to get away from the main traffic. There’s lots of good ones between Indian Point and Kimberling City. There’s a ton of big catfish and carp that like to hang out at the wharf at Indian Point, but it’s more fun to feed them bread crumbs and watch them there.

The lake gets deep really quickly, so you’ve got a good chance to catch decent sized fish even from shore or a boat dock.

Have fun!

Oh yeah - don’t know about cliff jumping. there are definitely some areas with cliffs, but I’m not sure if you can jump off them.
edit on 10/30/2018 by xenthuin because: Cliff jumping

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: xenthuin

Sounds great! Never been on a real big boat let alone drive one so that should be interesting. I hear you about the back and forth lol, might need some motion sickness pills.
Depending on the weather we'll be fishing and swimming loads. It's got a slide from the top deck so that should be fun. Thanks for the info!

top topics

join