It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Universe sounds devoid of life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Interesting question " what is the mean" and yes I agree we have no idea ....

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

One problem they just dont listen to one frequency. We constantly scan from radio waves all the way up to gamma rays. The only restriction is what wavelengths reach the surface. So a radio telescope is restricted by the earths atmosphere. However that is why we place satellites in orbit. This allows us to see the entire magnetic spectrum.

For example when a satellite detects a gamma ray burst observatories start watching that location. The only reason we havnt detected a signal is one of two. Either the signal is to weak and destroyed by background noise or its not there.
edit on 10/28/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   

SETI has flaws and isn't open to exploring FRB121102 as an intelligent signal. I'd have to imagine there is a large multitude of reasons it "sounds silent" human incompetence is at the top of my list.
Followed closely by the possibility that we shouldn't even be looking in the way that we are. I'd be willing to bet that quantum uncertainties may exist because there is a way to use them for communication and the whole universe works like a giant party line on them. We just haven't figured that part out yet.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Another way of looking at it is to ask yourself if you've had an original idea? I'm not being an arse with you here. Scientists have been looking at ways to find life out there for decades. They've had millions in funding as well as educations and intellects that surpass 99.99% of the planet's population. If you or me can think of something, it's almost certainly been thought of by those whose life's work is in that area.

On the bright side, the James Webb telescope will add new dimensions of searching potential. It'll be able to do closer studies of the atmospheric make-up of exoplanets. If someone from other worlds did that to us they'd see heavy metals in the atmosphere indicative of manufacturing and artificial pollution. They'd immediately know this place was inhabited by a highly technological species. If they caught us from 2000 years ago, they'd recognise signatures of smelting and know the species was on its way to high technology.

Exoplanets barely existed in the 90s and now they're thought to outnumber stars in the sky by over 4 to 1. Who knows? Once JWT gets its bearings we might simply have to accept there are other planets/moons with signs of technology in their atmospheres. It's a remote prospect I suppose. If we do notice an advanced world, it'll come with the epiphany that they've probably noticed us too.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
If you look at the eastern ideology, it could be all about frequencies. They say that it is all about the soul and moral development. When we 'think/believe' certain trains of thought it impacts our soul and the frequency at which we vibrate. Most of the oldest of ideologies think we are near or at the bottom of the development cycle.

There could be life all around us, but simply at different frequencies that don't harmonize with ours.

Also there appears to be a force in our reality that is instantaneous or nearly instantaneous. Much faster than the speed of light. If there weren't, there would be no way our galaxies would stay together.

Our modern version of cosmology is so cute. But it does say a lot more about the people that believe in such fairy tales.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
If you look at the eastern ideology, it could be all about frequencies. They say that it is all about the soul and moral development. When we 'think/believe' certain trains of thought it impacts our soul and the frequency at which we vibrate. Most of the oldest of ideologies think we are near or at the bottom of the development cycle.

There could be life all around us, but simply at different frequencies that don't harmonize with ours.

Also there appears to be a force in our reality that is instantaneous or nearly instantaneous. Much faster than the speed of light. If there weren't, there would be no way our galaxies would stay together.

Our modern version of cosmology is so cute. But it does say a lot more about the people that believe in such fairy tales.

Try this sage...or this

You can meet them...they're fairly disdainful of us. From what I can tell it's kind of like if you were looking at some ants who suddenly recognize you and realize what you are for a few moments. I mean we are to them.
edit on 28/10/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/10/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Walking the thin thin line dug, I love it!!!

I have heard that is a common experience. Practitioners of iwska also claim that experience.

Ignorance isn't bliss but in this rare case, I can't see the benefits of that knowledge. I can understand people wanting to elevate their consciousness, but this reality should offer all of the motivation of wanting to be an excellent human being without to promise of rewards from what comes next.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
a reply to: dug88

Walking the thin thin line dug, I love it!!!

I have heard that is a common experience. Practitioners of iwska also claim that experience.

Ignorance isn't bliss but in this rare case, I can't see the benefits of that knowledge. I can understand people wanting to elevate their consciousness, but this reality should offer all of the motivation of wanting to be an excellent human being without to promise of rewards from what comes next.

Hmm I dunno how much it's really allowed to be talked about it on here but my experiences in such things led to me no longer getting addicted to video games. I went from getting so absorbed in certain gamea that I would waste weeks of my lives on them. I can barely finish one these days and it's only occasionally now.

There was a whole lot of recognition whether from my own self concious or elsewhere of my time wasting and....something decided I shouldn't....so I try not to any more. Whether it's video games, movies or tv shows I just can't get absorbed in them any more and I find I spend more of my free time making and doing other things. For me this is a positive.

It's been a while and I haven't really felt the need to go back and try those two particular things again for a long time. It wasn't fun but it definitely opened my mind to something and for a good time after that I couldn't help shake the feeling that our world was kinda like the set of a play and if you pull it down you can see true reality. I don't thibky memory of that feeling will go away. I've never felt dissociation or anything before so that was a completely new and fairly strange experience.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Considering all this I see a connection between gravity and Pi.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
pi gravity mass...
planets and stars are spherical.
Starting to see it?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
4.44 * 1/root2
4.44= 2*P1/root2
2*P1= 4.44*1.414

2*P1= 4.44*1.414
C = 4.44*1.414 * radius * frequency

C /frequency = 4.44*1.414 * radius
C*T(seconds) = 4.44*1.414 * radius
Since C = meters/seconds
Then circular distance = 4.44*1.414 * radius
4.44/1.414 = 3.14
w/4.44 = 3.14 solve w = 13.94
x/13.94= 3.14 solve x = 43.82
y/43.82 = 3.14 y=137.66
z/137.66 = 3.14 z =432.49
Where C = 4.44*1.414 * radius * frequency
C/frequency = 4.44*1.414 * radius
For earth C = 299792458
and frequency = 7.489hz
299792458/ 7.489 = 4.44*1.414 * 6371000
So reduce magnitude of r according to divide by root 2
and use correct multiper in sequence to adjust frequency higher.
edit on 1-11-2018 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join