It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C-17 Accidentally Drops Humvee Off-Range into Neighborhood

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

A C-17 Globemaster on a training mission Wednesday accidentally airdropped a Humvee over a North Carolina neighborhood, about five miles short of the drop zone.

In a statement, Air Mobility Command spokesman Col. Chris Karns said the Humvee was dropped over a neighborhood in Harnett County, near Fort Bragg, and it came down in the woods near a residential area. The parachute deployed, and there were no reported injuries or damage from the inadvertent airdrop, Karns said.

One day I'll share some other "Off-Range" stories, but this one made the news today...

ETA: ph oto

Looks like they missed it by that much...
edit on 25-10-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

A C-17 Globemaster on a training mission Wednesday accidentally airdropped a Humvee over a North Carolina neighborhood, about five miles short of the drop zone.

In a statement, Air Mobility Command spokesman Col. Chris Karns said the Humvee was dropped over a neighborhood in Harnett County, near Fort Bragg, and it came down in the woods near a residential area. The parachute deployed, and there were no reported injuries or damage from the inadvertent airdrop, Karns said.

One day I'll share some other "Off-Range" stories, but this one made the news today...

I wonder if “finders keepers”applies to this situation.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
DP
edit on 25-10-2018 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

They make you give it back :/ If it ruins your flower garden or the guys tear up your yard getting it out, you can send Uncle Sam a bill for a new professionally landscaped one, though, so that's nice...

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Hehe....it's so easy to mess up....it happens now and then huh? If we're gonna be honest here, that's something that I'd do....pilot in command, he can't see down.....God love that crew

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Couldn’t resist! This is too good.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Saw this story earlier and we all got a good laugh out of it.

Birds drop chaff buckets all the time, first time I heard of dropping a HMMWV.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I weasn't aware that Santa was practicing the upgrades in his delivery system. If something like that lands in your back yard, just hide it in the garage till people quit looking. Finders keepers loosers weepers.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Do you reckon they are transported unlocked with the keys tucked into the sun visor?

...amazing good luck nobody was hurt, and how cool no trees were hurt either, just a patch of grass.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
What are they laughing about, it’s there’s tax Money?!?!

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Now that is something to Bragg about

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: RitualReality

Pretty sure that was the guy in Germany who deliberately cut the rigging on three of them and then got cashiered out.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

You can make the weapons smarter, but people will always be dumb...

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It's The Rock's bug out ride practice drill.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm Guessing that jump master just got fired !!

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
That will be one helluva dropped object report.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

They can drop one off at my house next along with any other goodies they want to unload. It's getting late in the year just want to make sure they use up their budget so it's not reduced next year.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Amazon Auto Beta Prime - Straight from the showroom to your driveway with priority mail airdrop same day delivery.

Still trying to work out those bugs with the GPS targeting.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
In the wrong neighborhood it would have been chopped up by the time they came lookin for it.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Airman #1: Think that's close enough?
Airman #2: Yeah, close enough.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join