It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which topic was just thrown out of the window?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Question: What happened to the news about Kashoggi?
Who was Kashoggi? Did he build the terroristic devices from the news?

No.
He was just washed away from the sight of the worldnews, even with a steady stream of more upflunkery by the Saudi-Arabian government. Seizing Kashoggi's kids while them having US-American visas? Wow.

But thats the life of news. 15 minutes of fame, and look who is shouting them the loudest, and then its right into the waste bin.

I am not even mad. Life is like this now.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

at least it's not as hidden as it used to be.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

1 Hour ago.

Journalist Jamal Khashoggi's murder was "premeditated", Saudi Arabia's public prosecutor has been quoted as saying by Saudi state media.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The story isn't canned, what's happening is that it has become a political football between the Saudis and and the Turks, and whatever accommodation Erdogan will try to exercise.
What Erdogan knows about the actual event, over and above what all intel surely knew at the time anyway...regardless of the rhetoric from the US, will only come out if and when Erdogan wants it to, and that may be never.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

He wasn't big news anyways.

Saudi Arabia could hypothetically have 13 of their citizens help in flying airplanes into skyscrapers in the US with money linked to their government, killing 3,000 American citizens and we would still call them a close ally.

I don't know why I got so detailed in a hypothetical that couldn't and wouldn't ever happen, I just wanted to be clearly hyperbolic.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

1 Hour ago.

Journalist Jamal Khashoggi's murder was "premeditated", Saudi Arabia's public prosecutor has been quoted as saying by Saudi state media.
www.bbc.co.uk...

This is the prelude to blaming rogue elements of the Saudi secret police. The Prince didn't know anything about these plans and the misguided individuals involved will face justice. They will actually be punished for botching an easy job which could have been accomplished through a few cutouts and multiple hit men. Mess with the bull, get the horns.
The part about the embassy being sovereign territory of Saudi Arabia and what they do is their business has been ignored as the Turks are going after them for some reason of their own.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
We have a shiny new toy to play with now. Mom and Dad gave us some explosive devises to look at and talk about. The Khashoggi toy is dull and boring now....we like bright, shiny new toys.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
"The part about the embassy being sovereign territory of Saudi Arabia and what they do is their business has been ignored as the Turks are going after them for some reason of their own".

I think this might become an expanding trend. That is, the sanctity of embassy's. Or it's Loss.
edit on 25-10-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I am also wondering if the illegal immigrant caravan has stopped? What is the next plan Democrats? Please, waste more of our time.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The finance forum at A T S .....

Been 5 years....not quite but.....

Sell the Euro Buy Gold.....do not go near Vulcanvania......hehehe
L..It's nothing but trouble....hehehe
edit on 25-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Kashoggi isn't really that important, he is one man who wrote something bad about the leader of his country in a paper then got wacked when he went back on their soil. Nothing to see, Kashoggi was not very smart. My question, how come his GF wanted to get married knowing he would have to go into a Saudi Embassy to get documentation so they could. Is she going to be getting a big bonus from the head of Saudi Arabia? She should, without her they might never have got him.

The media dangles carrots in front of us all the time, this was just a ploy to attract readers.
edit on 25-10-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I don't know why I got so detailed in a hypothetical that couldn't and wouldn't ever happen, I just wanted to be clearly hyperbolic.

Stole the words right from my playbook.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The media dangles carrots in front of us all the time, this was just a ploy to attract readers.

Busted.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Just read the caravan is down to 3600 and due in a month or more but it'll be back in the news next week.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Saudi Arabia could hypothetically have 13 of their citizens help in flying airplanes into skyscrapers in the US with money linked to their government, killing 3,000 American citizens and we would still call them a close ally.

Sick imagination you have. My turn.

What if, hypothetically speaking of course, they were the world's leading funder and exporter of terror? Would they still be our friends, buddy?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What if, hypothetically speaking of course, they were the world's leading funder and exporter of terror? Would they still be our friends, buddy?

Man, we sure are testing the limits of hyperbole.

I don't see any way we would be there friends in that scenario.

But hypothetically, of course, if politicians did do that... There is no way that educated citizens would openly support that.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I don't see why not, after all they have to buy their weapons from somewhere, get training contractors to prep those "freedom fighters", pony up "support" in the international community...

But seriously, time seems long gone that ethics and honor outweighed profit. Friends maybe not but still good customer$.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

He was big news because he wrote Op-Eds for the WaPo. That's about it.

The fact he became a story is the equivalent of the press screaming, "Donald Trump doesn't care about news people." (a la Kanye West's Katrina moment.)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: CriticalStinker

He was big news because he wrote Op-Eds for the WaPo. That's about it.

The fact he became a story is the equivalent of the press screaming, "Donald Trump doesn't care about news people." (a la Kanye West's Katrina moment.)

I wouldn't call it a non story.

But Trump is not the first president to turn a cheek to SA. We don't need them as an ally though, it's not a good look.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Question: What happened to the news about Kashoggi?
Who was Kashoggi? Did he build the terroristic devices from the news?

No.
He was just washed away from the sight of the worldnews, even with a steady stream of more upflunkery by the Saudi-Arabian government. Seizing Kashoggi's kids while them having US-American visas? Wow.

But thats the life of news. 15 minutes of fame, and look who is shouting them the loudest, and then its right into the waste bin.

I am not even mad. Life is like this now.

TO me this is the kind of CT logic that i never agree with.

The world isn't a linear 24 episode TV show with nice arcs of story lines.
Things happen in parallel .
All around the world something wonderful and horrible is happening at some place and sometimes those events are more pressing , important or worth of focus then something that happened last week.

That doesn't mean that the media is taking part in some nefarious plot but rather that the world is doing what the world does.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join