It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey’s Leaks Are Undermining the Khashoggi Investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Turkey's Leaks Are Undermining the Khashoggi Investigation

Only Erdogan can stop the confusing drip of information and misinformation. Here’s why he should.
By Bobby Ghosh
October 22, 2018, 12:01 AM EDT
assets.bwbx.io...

The stated position of the Turkish government is that it is working with the Saudis to get to the bottom of what happened to Khashoggi. President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, after initially announcing his personal interest in the case (“I am chasing”) has been more circumspect. This suggests that the Turkish leader is more carefully evaluating the leverage he now has over Saudi Arabia. It may be in his power to direct the finger of blame toward Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman or to help deflect the spotlight from him.

I think its fairly obvious Khashoggi's murder is a red-herring. You see the corporate news media covering this story ad-infinitum, and all of a sudden nobody is talking about Turkey's own crackdown on journalists, disappearing of political dissidents abroad (including threats to do the same to U.S. citizens), sowing discord within the EU, among other things... have suddenly disappeared. Coincidence? I think not.

SLOAT: It's unclear how much detail there's actually going to be in Erdogan's remarks. I think we'll continue to see some of these more specific details coming out from government officials. I think Turkish prosecutors are likely to come forward with their case in the next couple of days. What was particularly interesting in Turkey was there was an initial assumption early last week that perhaps what Erdogan was looking for was a financial bailout from the Saudis given the financial crisis that we've had in Turkey. But that attitude really started to shift in the latter part of the week with an increasing sense that this was being targeted at weakening MBS himself.

I'm calling it now: MBS' rivals within House Saud and within the Saudi Arabian military/intelligence apparatus - in collusion with the Turkish government - were behind the killing of Khashoggi to complete the circle for which MBS serves as a sacrificial lamb. Pick the most arrogant and potentially unstable member of the Royal Family to succeed, and then get rid of him to draw attention away from the two wealthiest Muslim regimes, so that they can continue their foray into regional supremacy (or some variation of this anyway, bottom line, the official story stinks to high heaven of bull #, and I'm calling that bull #).
edit on 23-10-2018 by IndyFront because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2018 by IndyFront because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: IndyFront

I think its fairly obvious Khashoggi's murder is a red-herring.

Only if you ignore the evidence to the contrary.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
S&F

I’ve been thinking of the same type of scenario myself. When you consider motive there’s only one person doesn’t win and that is the crown prince.

After his crack down on corruption in the kingdom you can be sure someone is seeking vengeance. There’s a chance that what we’re looking at is a ‘publicity’ coup.

I never could understand why the crown prince would order the murder of a New York Times reporter in their own embassy.

Iran never made any sense to me how MBS would think he could get away with it for an instant.

Even if other members of the royal family were behind it. Because of the media coverage and it’s focus on one individual it will be exceedingly hard to get down to the actual truth. MBS might not of had knowledge of the murder. Yet if that’s true it probably doesn’t matter at this point .

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: IndyFront

Anyone want to tell my why this guys life is more valuable than any of the others slaughtered by the never ending war in the middle east?
They throw homosexuals off of roofs over there still.
This guy is worth more than other lost lives?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

There are the "Missing Princes":

BBC: SA's Missing Princes

They seem to have got away with that so far.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

No, but the point is a political one because it opens up the Saudi ruler to personal culpability but I get your point.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I never could understand why the crown prince would order the murder of a New York Times reporter in their own embassy

Or blockade Qatar , kidnap the Lebanese President and launch a war in Yemen.
M.B.S is not a nice guy.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I first had to almost vomit, then i had to laugh when i heard Erdolf talking unasked for the "free world", acting as the saviour of that said "free world" in his "glorious" speach with no news.

If the part of the world that i live in, is part of that by Erdolf defined "free world", then i would at least have anybody else than Erdolf(Trump, Putin, Orban, Duterte...) talking for me, if it would be necessary that somebody talks for me!

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

He wasn't speaking for the free world he was speaking as the leader of the country that this politically sensitive murder was committed , he has access to all of the evidence Turkey has.

I have no doubt Erdogan is playing this for what he can get hence he said little in his supposed "naked truth" than he perhaps could have , he's keeping those cards for later.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Never said he was a nice guy. But every incident you mention pales in comparison to the attention this is receiving .

Are you saying the only scenario is the crown prince’s direct involvement? And that none of the other head choppers want revenge against him ?

edit on 23-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Never said he was a nice guy. But every incident you mention pales in comparison to the attention this is receiving .

Are you saying the only scenario is the crown prince’s direct involvement? And that none of the other head choppers want revenge against him ?

Well, if it's not the direct involvement of MBS then the already tenuous link to Trump looks even more silly, so you see, it HAS to be MBS in order for the propaganda to work. So, of course every other possible explanation is apparently not credible.

Democrats have even taken the step of calling for yet another investigation into Trump because he's not handling it as they want. These people are literally crazy.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Are you saying the only scenario is the crown princess direct involvement?

The available evidence suggests that to be the case, the clincher for me is that 7 of the 15 men who flew in to Turkey before the murder have been identified as members of M.B.S security team , one of them is a close companion of the Prince.
Turkish press close to the government reported yesterday that there were 4 calls made to the office of M.B.S from the Consulate on the day of the murder.

I think it was telling that America pulled out of the investment conference in Saudi following Pompeo's visit to Turkey , no doubt he was played the tape.
edit on 23-10-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

it might just be me. But I need a little more than guilt by association. Especially if you take into consideration the amount of money that could buy people and tribal affiliation that can betray people .

It’s not a done deal and I keep my position like I always do. Anyone that rushes to judgment because of media coverage. Isn’t looking for the truth they’re looking to validate their position.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I haven't rushed to judgment just came to a conclusion given the evidence I've seen.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Khashoggi's son had to meet and shake hands with the crown prince. Wow..how horrible for him. He could not keep the look of hatred and pain from his face. He and his family are not allowed to leave Saudi Arabia. Trump should at least try to help the family get out before same happens to them.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

No doubt the Saudi monarchy has been investigating their own internal affairs regarding the connection between these missing monarchs and MBS/Co-Conspirators. I've belief that MBS could perhaps have ties to the US, as part of their long-term goals of tying the KSA inextricably further down/beholden to Pax Americana interests. Despite that being the likely case, it is clear here that the Anti-MBS actors in both Saudi Arabia and Turkey are orchestrating a counter-coup against MBS.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Fair enough

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Khashoggi's son had to meet and shake hands with the crown prince. Wow..how horrible for him. He could not keep the look of hatred and pain from his face. He and his family are not allowed to leave Saudi Arabia. Trump should at least try to help the family get out before same happens to them.

www.foxnews.com...

Ummm...why...?

Who cares about these people...?

The only reason this is even an issue is because it's being exploited to be one...Exploited by people that want to hurt Saudi Arabia...and Trump...

This is one man out of Billions...who nobody had even heard about before this...Why do we suddenly care about this...?

It's because we're being told to care by the incessant...non stop media barrage...

I personally could give two effs for this whole situation...it neither improves...nor impoverishes my life...

People die every day...painfully...horribly...yet nary a peep...nary a hue and cry...

Your being manipulated...how does that feel...knowing your being led around from sensation to sensational...

Me...I'll be over here...playing some Destiny II Forsaken...Killing some electrons...with headshots...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
What Is Turkey’s Game?
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan sees the Jamal Khashoggi case as a chance to hobble Saudi Arabia, a regional and religious rival.

By The Editorial Board

The editorial board represents the opinions of the board, its editor and the publisher. It is separate from the newsroom and the Op-Ed section.

Oct. 23, 2018

With Tuesday’s speech, Mr. Erdogan has staked his personal reputation on the claim that the Saudi story — that the killing was a result of a “rogue operation” or an impromptu brawl — is a lie. (By day’s end, even President Trump agreed the account was the “worst cover-up ever.”)

Crucially, though, Mr. Erdogan didn’t go nearly as far as he’d hinted he might. He pointed the finger at Prince Mohammed only indirectly, and he spoke respectfully of King Salman, the prince’s father and the kingdom’s ultimate ruler, a sign that he still hoped to avoid a complete break with Riyadh.

That could leave room for Turkey and Saudi Arabia to engineer a deal. “He’s just bargaining and increasing the price,” one diplomat said of Mr. Erdogan.

edit on 24-10-2018 by IndyFront because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Aside from the Kashoggi investigation, which might be just some sort of absurd murder ...
the EU and NATO believe that Turkey is actually a Torjan horse that they can use against Russia ... you would be surprised to discover how wrong this assumption can possibly be !

That's not even much to do with the famous S-400 missiles ...

join