It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Rescue why we need it !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Way back in the 1960s out came a children's cartoon series Thunderbirds en.wikipedia.org...(TV_series) ,I loved Saturday mornings watching it as they saved people anywhere in the planet in need of rescue and all those gizmos were just super cool to a young kid , Maybe a young Elon Musk caught a episode en.wikipedia.org...

Now a lot older and none the wiser i am left thinking every time something bad is going on somewhere, Be it Earthquake or tsunami or what ever the puppets just seemed to do it better and quicker than real humans .

Should respective Governments be forced into giving over a percentage of their military to a organisation like the puppets had instead of playing stupid war games every year like they do , leading to whales , Dolphins etc being washed up on on the shores .

How many carrier groups have the American government have ! and need ditto the UK .

Fire fighting planes etc always needed and a way to keep service personnel in the loop and who would not love to CROWD FUND that one and get Governments to play nice with each other all at the same time ,

When a disaster strikes anywhere on planet Earth a rapid response force would be ready to go instantly , with most of it public funded and the rest a % of each militarises budget put into the fund
we already have this in orbit as the ISS
Phage can fill in for this guy .

So what are your thought good folk of ATS

edit on 21/10/2018 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: secretariat

Dear plonker office hours are monday-friday 9-5 please call back then

Get off the airwaves man we have people to save

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I like the idea but one possible draw back is would it be a waste of money so to speak of all this equipment that was put together sat there for a whole year and wasn't really needed. Especially when in countries that have regional disasters (forest fires, floods etc) that countries armed forces offer their assistance anyway

It would only be on a massive scale if such a disaster did happen say for example a huge earthquake that international help would be needed. Which to a certain degree already happens, when earthquakes strike many countries send their own search and rescue teams to aid in search for people

I do like the idea though imagine a real life Tracy island ! Sliding swimming pool and everything

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

edit on 10.21.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Ah , Who Pays for All of this ? Good Luck with that Noble Aspiration Sir .

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Ah , Who Pays for All of this ? Good Luck with that Noble Aspiration Sir .

The public would pay a percentage via crowd funding and each gov pay a % on what they spend on the Military budget if a country has a disaster they pay a little extra

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You won't find a place or organization that isn't infested with criminals.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

With the way disasters are happening on a regular basis these days they would be kept really busy most of the time , a small % of every country's military force is used instead of war games they get to do this , bringing a bit of harmony to the place and when on a down time they could rebuild some place in need of roads ,bridges etc so plenty to do

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: gimcrackery
You won't find a place or organization that isn't infested with criminals.

I have seen that reports from organisations that help in a disaster , maybe use lie detector tests on the ones working with the public

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The international rescue corps actually exists they are a charity funded group of suitably qualified individuals who head out disasters and provide expert assistance to disaster relief teams.

You know stuff like thermal imaging to find folk trapped in collapsed buildings

www.intrescue.info...

Am sure there are other such groups
edit on 21-10-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Yeah , Kinda Like the Western European Nations Paying for their Fair Share of the N.A.T.O. Annual Budget ? Good Luck With that Notion to Sir .......)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

They would be added to the great collective and bought out because you would need that name to operate such a organisation , plus a great way to do vaulantary service for people that are retired from such services because of age , fire-fighters etc . It sure beats those war drums and would give the planet a lift it needs especially when yo see forest fires raging all over

Edit just noticed when i clicked on that link the first one was for the plastics factory in Glasgow , i should have been there that day but i took the job in Edinburgh instead and it was right under the canteen where i would have been working

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
US military routinely rushes to an area that has suffered a major natural disaster, as long as the govt in charge of the area that had the natural disaster ok's it they immediately start assisting.

At least in the states there are multiple groups started by vets primarily to head to any disaster area to lend assistance.

I may be tired and missing your point, but it seems like what you want is already there in some form or another.

Also one problem with an international group is different standards of training.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

YIP stop all those war games etc for 3 years and make them cooperate for a while and they might forget about half of the stupid stuff going on

If the people demanded it ?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Exactly
this would be easy to implement give each superpower a roll in the Organization with a quota to fill from the ranks , take them out of war mode and into play mode and see what happens

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The United States has always been very good at this, as have other countries such as the UK and Canada.

Years back, I remember there was a horrible Earthquake, (India I think, not sure)

And within 24 hours the people said they could see U.S. planes dropping water and MRE"s - the first ones on the scene.

I was so proud.

I've always wondered why we didn't rush to Canada when they had that God-awful wild fire, and they to us when ours are so devastating. Maybe they do, I don't know. But yeah, I wish we did have some sort of catastrophe help force, although I do believe we do it anyway.
edit on 10/21/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join