It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Authoritarian Nature

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
may the force be with us all.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ALSTA

Please, explain how wanting to guide humanity to unity and prosperity disturbing? I fail to comprehend how someone with benign intentions could be classified as disturbing.

Is it rehabilitation instead of punishment? Making nessecary resources available to all? Dismantling national borders? Education and nourishment of the youth?

How can someone wanting to make the world better be disturbing?

And do not mention anything about using force, for I never said a thing about using force.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BenignChaos
a reply to: Parishna

Ideas are able to change shape and evolve. But of course it takes time, and occasionally the input of others.

I may be young, but at least I show more care and compassion toward my fellow human beings than most older, "wiser" people who care more for material things.

I disagree. It seems like you currently seemed focus quite a lot on material things that others have. Whether that is actual solid things or acquired and set national borders. Wisdom is realizing that life is depressing and void of actually living/maturing without the ability individually to face and overcome challenges.

A benign authoritan leader would do more harm just as a benign authoritan parent does to a child. The best to hope for this world is educating via experiences and knowing to stand back so the child can truly learn the reality that they can walk on their own and bruises are only temporary. If you carry your child or the world, they will never be able to walk on their own.

You may think that is fabulous, but you are not immortal and the next leader may not realize they actually have to carry the world. It would be devastating in the end. Best to encourage others to strive individually and allow others to want to imitate you because of your success in life. No force needed.

Edit add: reading the post above this one...I am guessing you have not even raised your own family in this world. Why do you believe you have enough experience and wisdom to lead the world in unity?
edit on 10 21 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I can think of many things besides force to serve as a basis to unify.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BenignChaos

If you're that keen on helping Mankind (and Womankind, of course), why don't you drop the pipe-dream of ruling the world and volunteer your time in a hospice or go outside and plant some trees?

At least these things garuntee that you'd have made the world a better place in some small way, and they're doable,

Just my dos centavos,

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

did you ever think that it may be only your idea that world needs betterment? you may be the only one..we may all be tricking you.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

First of all, I never claimed to have the answers. Far from it. Second, I said "darker than anything we could imagine", nothing mentioned me not able to imagine anyone else leading.

Diversity is different than division. That is simple. But I doubt most people want unity.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Parishna

Your a smart cookie too.
Sincerely through you guys my evolution of mind is growing.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I can think of many things besides force to serve as a basis to unify.

Second line,

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I can see that admitting my political standing and explaining why was a massive mistake. I pictured a vast discussion with ideas being tossed back and forth.

I admit my folly of sharing this and hope to make better posts. This has changed my mind about leading a species to unification.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Your want to do it is noble, your idea although unoriginal is noble, your desire to defend this idea is commendable and noble.
Your attitude towards it though is somewhat disturbing.
Presuming to lead humanity with little to no life experience is somewhat disturbing.
The idea is deeply christian but your understanding of fellow humanity is not.
That is all I'll say.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I appreciate your feedback and I understand where you are coming from. I do understand historical regimes have given authoritarianism a terrible name. If not held back by the limitations of writing, I would tell all of my ideas to the fullest extent.

While you may consider my view incorrect, and I respect your opinion, I cannot see a future in which a divided world continues to prosper.

The road to Hades is paved with those of good intention.
You want to be just another cobblestone in that pathway ?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

I don't know what is best for everyone.

Okay. So where does that leave you as our benevolent dictator? If you do not know, do you care? How can you, as our master, ensure that you do not hurt some in the process of dictating our existences?

I would, however, say that the installment of Common Sense laws would be a decent start.

"Common sense" is relative and subjective, often based upon shared experiences and circumstances, which can vary widely. What is "common sense" to you may not be "common sense" to others.

What I want is a world without meaningless borders...

I'm not sure if you are inferring that all borders are meaningless, or that you want to remove those borders you find meaningless. And I'm keeping in mind that "borders" can come in all flavors. Some "borders" define very real differences that must be handled differently and are best evaluated and addressed as locally as possible.

For a simple but illustrative example, people who live at the top of a mountain have very different challenges and risks than someone who lives in a desert or on a tropical island. Those are borders so to speak.

How would you as benevolent dictator appropriately and effectively address the varying needs of each community better than they could for themselves, based upon their firsthand knowledge of their particular circumstances and conditions?

... resources for all who need them...

Everyone needs resources. So are you suggesting that you would control all resources and distribute as you see fit? What if there just isn't enough to go around? Who wins and who loses? Or will you just dictate that some will provide their labor to increase the supply for all -- and therefore, by necessity, deny their rights to labor for themselves for their own greatest good? Or (fill in the blank)???

... and an educated species that prospers and expands upward and outward.

I'm a huge proponent of education and vocational training for all... As benevolent dictator, will you allow folks to pursue their preferred interests and talents? Or will you dictate their vocation based on the collective's wants and needs?

Criminals would be rehabilitated based upon their crime.

As it should be... At least for true crimes; i.e. actions/deeds that harm our fellow man. That would not include thought crimes, for example, or re-education camps...

Original thoughts would be welcomed instead of ridiculed. Ideas would be nurtured rather than neglected.

Again, as it should be... As much for the opportunity to find the best ideas and solutions, as to recognize ideas that would not work and would not make us the best we can be.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Welp, at least the OP revealed to us his Death Star like weakness. They can not figure out succession. It's a simple matter to end their benevolent rule.

Or was I supposed to take something else from this?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Truthfully, this post was a mistake of the highest order.

I could go on about how the voice of the people would be my guide to lead. I may not know but I do care, please do not question that.

Common sense laws would be:
Murder, rape, robbery, and exploitation are illegal.
Speech is only restricted when it is about violence, hate, discrimination, and defamation.

Resources would be distributed equally to all and any excess would be stockpiled for emergency use. Should there be any disaster, resources would be rationed until the trouble had passed. Anyone left without would be given help as much as possible. Labor would become more automated to give humans time to explore themselves.

Originality would be encouraged to promote growth mentally, physically, and spiritually. Education would be available to all despite their age.

Any dissent would be met with a gentle response. Tours of areas made better, open policies regarding every aspect of governance, and freedom to go back to daily life are a few examples.

By meaningless borders I am refering to the borders of countries. Districts based upon culture and ethnic groups would be used to help mitigate tensions.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Humanity would possibly be able to dictate themselves. But then again, perhaps the whole idea of a unified species is nothing more than an unachievable wish.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Districts based upon culture and ethnic groups would be used to help mitigate tensions.

Segregation is the key to peace and happiness?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

More to keep the minorities of certain areas safe. Once stabilized then districts will be more for historical significance, as a marker of where people came from.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Why unite under this guy?

Unite under me!

In my world government there will be only 3 rules

No murder

No theft

No rape

Everyone else is free to do as they like.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join