It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proudly displaying your flag while leaving your piece of snip country

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Somebody please explain this to me.

If your country is so bad, so poor, so violent, so inhabitable, so God awful that people are leaving in droves, why
are you displaying your flag so proudly?

I'm linking a CNN article which shows a group with a large Honduran flag,
but i've seen numerous ones.
www.cnn.com...

I don't mean to be rude, but what the heck are they so proud of? Is this just the media focusing on countries where the people are coming from.
Is it just a way of life for these people to show their flag no matter what?

+29 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

If I see a horde of people charging the border waving the flag of another country, I call that an invasion.

Invading forces should be met with lethal force.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Doesn't make much sense, does it?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

If your country is so bad, so poor, so violent, so inhabitable, so God awful that people are leaving in droves, why are you displaying your flag so proudly?

Perhaps they're proud Hondurans forced from their country to seek a better life due to circumstances beyond their control.

Because Americans don't ?

edit on 19-10-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Forced or Seeking pick one.

Americans stay and fight we don't flee

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I’ve never understood this... where I live I see Puerto Rican flags... Mexican flags... Dominican flags... but rarely any American ones... yet I live in the United States... if you’re so damn proud of the 💩hole country you came from then go back there instead of sucking up “free” everything here while turning our country into a third world nation...

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Do you think citizens are representative of their country or their leadership?

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

How many Americans wave Old Glory while immigrating away from the US? Why do we always see immigrants entering the US telling us how horrible conditions are in whatever #hole they're leaving, but still waving said #hole's flag?

It's a ridiculous dichotomy and it's why the US needs to be a lot more selective in who we allow in.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Don't you mean " sh!thole" country?

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
IDK, why does the Democratic Party still wave the Hammer and Sickle even after Russia, Russia, Russia?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
IDK, why does the Democratic Party still wave the Hammer and Sickle even after Russia, Russia, Russia?

Shots fired! I repeat, shots fired!

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

It should be ovvy...they're coming here to make another sheethole country.

¡Arriba!

edit on 19-10-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Well, just like Southern conservatives are still proud of their Confederate flag it all might have something to do with their heritage. They're leaving their country cuz currently they have no opportunities due to gov't corruption, crime, and most importantly, violence. But they are proud of where they came from even though currently there are big problems.

This isn't hard to comprehend, right guys?
edit on 19-10-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Well, just like Southern conservatives are still proud of their Confederate flag it all might have something to do with their heritage. They're leaving their country cuz currently they have no opportunities due to gov't corruption, crime, and most importantly, violence. But they are proud of where they came from even though currently there are big problems.

This isn't hard to comprehend, right guys?

The confederate flag is part of American heritage... the flags of other nations are not... if we’re supposed to be a “melting pot” then melt or GTFO...

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Little difference between someone leaving their country of origin to seek out a life in the USA and the USA overtaking another country entirely, ya?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Somebody please explain this to me.

If your country is so bad, so poor, so violent, so inhabitable, so God awful that people are leaving in droves, why
are you displaying your flag so proudly?

I'm linking a CNN article which shows a group with a large Honduran flag,
but i've seen numerous ones.
www.cnn.com...

I don't mean to be rude, but what the heck are they so proud of? Is this just the media focusing on countries where the people are coming from.

Admittedly, it would make more sense and gain more sympathy from Americans if they were displaying the American flag. Displaying their hopes and dreams of being true American citizens. Sadly, it does look like an invasion force or pirates. One would think that even if their goal was to undermine the US, they would display an American Flag like a trojan horse plot. How stupid are they? Then again...this is ATS...how stupid are we?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Forced or Seeking pick one.

Americans stay and fight we don't flee

Yeah history disagrees....

Anyway this whole thread basically sounds like how dare anyone be proud of being anything other than American.
edit on 20-10-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Why do we always see immigrants entering the US telling us how horrible conditions are in whatever #hole they're leaving, but still waving said #hole's flag?

I guess because they're proud of who they are not the conditions in their country that they have no control over , I don't see why is that is so hard to understand.

It's a ridiculous dichotomy and it's why the US needs to be a lot more selective in who we allow in.

I don't dispute that.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SwissMarked
I’ve never understood this... where I live I see Puerto Rican flags... Mexican flags... Dominican flags... but rarely any American ones... yet I live in the United States... if you’re so damn proud of the 💩hole country you came from then go back there instead of sucking up “free” everything here while turning our country into a third world nation...

Puerto Rico is part of the USA!

Dam those US citizens! Coming to the USA and taking US jobs and practicing US feedumbs!

The USA should send those dammed US citizens back to the #hole they came from!

Derp

edit on 20-10-2018 by Unruhestifter because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2018 by Unruhestifter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join