It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m sick or members leaving because of the crap that gets thrown around

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
I agree ATS members should back off from politics arena. There are a lot of interesting topics beside right vs left debates. All this politicking isn't going to help any serious researchers. And frankly, ATS isn't the source for Politician to gather vote either.

I have never open a thread, because English isn't my first language, and I'm having lot of difficulty trying to express my thought in English. Therefore, I rely on you guys to start a topic. How about we start with UFO and Paranormal?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

It's not that there are too many political threads, it's that there are too many infantile posters, who only find self worth by putting other people down.

I'm convinced many posters on these boards must be some of the most miserable insecure people around IRL. It must really suck to be them.

Isn't calling other people "some of the most miserably insecure people around IRL", "putting other people down"? Or doesn't that count when or because it's not a direct response to someone and more a general statement with no specific identification (unlike what you were perhaps thinking about when referring to those "putting other people down" in direct response to their commentary)?

Was that a bit lame to ask or point out?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

The thing that makes ATS stand out from the very beginning are two words that everybody should be taking into every conversation, those are "manners" and "decorum"...

Maybe everybody should just think about those two words for just a minute and what they mean. Maybe we could do more to advocate this by giving the right example.

Peace

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: BADNEPTUNE

Not a problem

Anytime you have a question just ask any member here. They will always be happy to help.

Except me I’ll just tell them to git gud newb, works every time.😈😝
I’m working on a thread which should be up your ally not a lick of politics to it and fascinating if ya ask me it’s been a while in the works gotta finish interviewing the guy and start working my notes into something half way intelligible, only half way mind you or it’d take me another 6 months.😝

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Ignore the politics or succumb to it?
I suppose the biggest reason for members leaving are seeing the bigoted posts and not being able to look at those members in the same light as before.

We all deserve the benefit of the doubt, but on ATS a thick hide is required if you wish to voice your political stance.
I’m lucky, I think all politics are nonsense and we should just pitchfork and torch politicians.

That being said, I live in South Africa and the Trump era politics are pretty mild compared to my country.
Just my R0.02

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Ummm...damn...are you back again...?

I thought you left already...

Your like a bad penny dude...I thought you took your leggings home and refused to play anymore...cause feewings...

There’s a good boy...pats allaroundyour head...such a good boy...

I like you man...even if thou doth whineth too much...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I concur with you on this.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

Do you guys think maybe some of the political posts on here maybe a op to cause polarization between the members? I mean the media does it all the time with political parties. Maybe there are users on here that work for political parties or Soros and are trying to destabilize even on ATS.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA
a reply to: EasternShadow

Do you guys think maybe some of the political posts on here maybe a op to cause polarization between the members? I mean the media does it all the time with political parties. Maybe there are users on here that work for political parties or Soros and are trying to destabilize even on ATS.

Don’t even need to be paid with how worked up some people on each side are, sad state if only someone would pay me to espouse my more insane views....

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
As my Grandma used to say
"If you cant stand the heat , git outta the kitchen"

Am I the only member that remembers the Bush/Cheney and the Obama years here on ATS
Dang , I reckon so with all this flailin and failin , cryin the baby tears goin on...

Is this ATS or a Romper Room Remake ?

edit on 10/19/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Reminds me of when people got all butthurt over Howard Stern's show. Don't like him? Don't listen.

Don't like the Mud Pit because it can get dirty? Post some kitty pics in the Pets Forum.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I blame technology. For a number of reasons. When you combine modern technology with the human psyche, we get the current result.

-Media uses technology to spread the message.

-Politics use media to strengthen their power.

-people read media online; lose the ability to be free thinkers.

-people become political “experts”; speak without fear of human confrontation.

-technology allows websites like ATS to thrive.

-ad revenue begins to be more valuable than intelligent content.

-intelligent content gets replaced with technological addicts/preprogrammed media repeaters “those who only repeat what they read on the news”.

-enter...modern day internet.

Now, I think of intelligence like Jedi. It’s a loving force. It’s still alive out there. Maybe the introduction of modern day technology is the equivalent of “Order 66” from the Star Wars movie. The order that killed most of the Jedi/Intelligence. But hope remains...intelligence, remains. We’ve just got to defeat the empire to allow it to grow and thrive again.

In the meantime, most people will keep being keyboard monkeys. Politicians and the media will keep using technology to dumb down the masses. And those once great contributors will remain in the shadows.

**[side note]**I encourage people to bypass the political threads and go out and seek the content they wish to see more of and flag/star it. It’s out there, it just may not always be as well put together as it used to be. Flag it anyway. Get them to the main page (30 flags will get it there). It could be a easily debunked “structure in mars” video...still flag it! Give people the incentive to write creatively and independently by seeing people care enough to read it.**

**[double side note]**I’m certain some of the political regulars have more than one account. I’m certain they log in to all their shadow accounts to flag up their posts. I’m certain that’s what gets them to the main page.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I've got my best, most mind racking thread in the works, and I am hoping to post it sometime before the end of 2018..its nothing earth shattering but it is very personal. due to the increase in vitriol I've continued to postpone my post for a while now but I think soon will be the time to post.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Which "good members" have left?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I dont think many have left so much to say that most have stopped posting.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I came to ATS because of the crypto forum. From there, I discovered the Survival forum. Then I got sidetracked into trying to educate people about the "fluoride conspiracy".
I usually don't post too much these days because all I ever see is Trump on the pages.

Instead of complaining about it, start new threads! I'm working on one now that discusses possibilities for what Bigfoot could be.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MorpheusUSA
QAnon would be my first candidate. The media channel that was formerly called "Russia Today" (state sponsored) shares too much similarities in their content with QAnon for me not to be a bit suspicious about it. They seem to be catering to a particular pro-nationalism market (type of persons). QAnon also seems quite pro-Trump, like Russian war profiteers and Nationalists in general (all over the world). They both (Russian and 'Western' war profiteers and their current political figureheads or pawns) get their support from promoting nationalism as well.

One dictionary defines nationalism as “a sense of national consciousness exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations.” Ivo Duchacek, a professor of political science, observed in his book Conflict and Cooperation Among Nations: “Nationalism divides humanity into mutually intolerant units. As a result people think as Americans, Russians, Chinese, Egyptians, or Peruvians first, and as human beings second​—if at all.” A former UN secretary-general wrote: “So many of the problems that we face today are due to, or the result of, false attitudes​—some of them have been adopted almost unconsciously. Among these is the concept of narrow nationalism​—‘my country, right or wrong.’”

Nationalism doesn't oppose economic globalism, as it is falsely portrayed by those promoting it for their own greedy war profiteering purposes, those who influence political decisions no matter who's in charge or current figurehead of the ship.

War—Why? Awake!—1986

Nationalism​—The “Sacred Egoism” That Divides

Sometimes the people are not in favor of a war. On what basis, then, can the rulers most easily persuade the population to support their aims? This was the problem that faced the United States in Vietnam. So, what did the ruling elite do? Galbraith answers: “The Vietnam War produced in the United States one of the most comprehensive efforts in social conditioning [adjusting of public opinion] in modern times. Nothing was spared in the attempt to make the war seem necessary and acceptable to the American public.” And that points to the handiest tool for softening up a nation for war. What is it?

Professor Galbraith again supplies the answer: “Schools in all countries inculcate the principles of patriotism. . . . The conditioning that requires all to rally around the flag is of particular importance in winning subordination to military and foreign policy.” This systematic conditioning prevails in communist countries as it does in Western nations.

Charles Yost, a veteran of the U.S. Foreign Service and State Department, expressed it thus: “The primary cause of the insecurity of nations persists, the very attribute on which nations pride themselves most​—their sovereign independence, their ‘sacred egoism,’ their insubordination to any interest broader or higher than their own.” This “sacred egoism” is summed up in divisive nationalism, in the pernicious teaching that any one nation is superior to all others.

Historian Arnold Toynbee wrote: “The spirit of nationality is a sour ferment of the new wine of democracy in the old bottles of tribalism.” In Power and Immortality, Dr. Lopez-Reyes wrote: “Sovereignty is a major cause of contemporary war; . . . unless altered, the system of sovereign nation-states will trigger World War III.” The emphasis on nationalism and sovereignty denies the basic concept that we all belong to the same human family, regardless of linguistic or cultural differences. And that denial leads to wars.

Yes, the experts can come up with all kinds of explanations of why man systematically sets out to destroy those of his own kind. Yet there is one primary factor that most commentators ignore.

The Hidden Cause of War

edit on 19-10-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join