It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new internet phenomenon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This is the new optical illusion by a neuro scientist studying the brain, is this image moving, or is everything just moving?
www.bbc.co.uk...
Cheers

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Didn't move for me. What does that mean? I'm boring? No creativity?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

The left sphere and middle section cone look to be turning into each other like a set of meshed gears... from the eyes of this beholder anyway.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It matters where you look, look at the ball and the cone moves, look at the right background and the ball moves, look at the cone and you can see a clown holding a childs severed arm.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I didn’t see any movement either. It must not work for everyone.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Wonder if screen size matters. I'm on a phone and the movement was very minimal.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Possibly.

I am on a Apple iPad Pro.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

something to know is when you view a image on computer screen the screen is updating at 60 frames a second or something like that. It causes your eyes to continually be refocusing which is likely the cause of illusory effect movement.
Go print the same image out and see it it moves still.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Whatever, my eyes find the image very unpleasant to look at.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It Spins!

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

For me it really moves, no matter what size- I've viewed it on 32" & 24" monitors as well as tiny thumbnail preview- pretty cool! the movement seems to be more apparent on larger screens.

edit on 10172018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
For me, the image parts only move if I look at it briefly, then look just above the image. I see it move a bit, then if I shift my eyes just to the other side, but still looking above the image, it turns a bit more, rinse, repeat.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It clearly just the way the mind+eyes process what its looking at.
Focus on any one point and the "movement" stops.
Unfocus and its back moving.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
It matters where you look, look at the ball and the cone moves, look at the right background and the ball moves, look at the cone and you can see a clown holding a childs severed arm.

Yes, I can see it now. At first I just thought it was a picture of female breasts.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

pretty neat... I've seen a lot of these... its not moving though it seems to be...

like this...

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Parts of it move depending on what you're looking at, albeit not much movement for me. But it does move. I have to shrink the page size down to really trigger it, though, full screen did not work for me.

originally posted by: Akragon

pretty neat... I've seen a lot of these... its not moving though it seems to be...

like this...

What's more awesome is I'm one of those folks where pics like yours warps other things when I look away from the screen. The brain is such a cool contraption.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yeah your one doesn't move as much, as the other one, maybe it's the colours.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
For me they turn inward towards each other but only if I look at the print below the image and not directly at it.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

To really see the image appear to move, look at seattlerat's post here and scroll rapidly up and down.

Killer illusion.

edit on 18/10/18 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Didn't move for me. What does that mean? I'm boring? No creativity?

Colorblind? Often harder for us to see it like that at first. But we can alter our mind's interpretation and will to see it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join