It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dramatic Footage Captures Hypersonic Nuclear Aircraft Streaking Across China Sky

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Zerohedge

According to Metro, the footage is of a hypersonic plane. The paper said the plane is owned by the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) and is capable of Mach 10 (7,672 mph) while carrying a nuclear warhead. Although there has been no official statement by Chinese, military bloggers claim the footage was caused by a hypersonic glide vehicle (known as DF-ZF).

Sounds made up, what do the aeronautical experts here have to say?

Incredible pictures have emerged showing the plumes of light created by a hypersonic aircraft streaking through the sky.

The plane owned by the Chinese military, and is capable of travelling of speeds up to Mach 10 whilst carrying a nuclear payload.

Although officials in China have yet to confirm the latest round of testing, Chinese military bloggers claim the eerie phenomenon was caused by the hypersonic glide vehicle which they know as DF-ZF.

metro.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Dramatic story made up by TPTB. If their story is true why is this the first time we’ve seen it?

ETA glide vehicles shouldn’t have a plume
edit on 13-10-2018 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SofaKing

So much wrong in that story. A glide vehicle isn't an aircraft. This might have been from the rocket used to accelerate the vehicle, but it wouldn't have been from the vehicle itself.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

This isn't. China has been testing hypersonic weapons for years. They recently were launching high altitude balloons that were releasing various configurations of glide vehicles.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
My Chinese intel told me it is the “Wan Hu 1600”.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Soooo.. it did a loop at mach 10 ?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Soooo.. it did a loop at mach 10 ?

YES
A loop at Mach 10......
Sorry just my morning troll whilst watching football.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Winds blew the trail around.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SofaKing
I am just here to add a visual element.

I wish we could get a better focused image of these two individuals, I would like to see the insignia on the patches and a clearer understanding of the suits/masks they appear to be wearing.

Has Jim O done an analysis yet??
edit on 10-13-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Looks like this one.

And this is just the contrail from a Minotaur rocket.

Or how about this one:

SLBM.

contrails mean a lot less than people think.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Residents in Chinese capital Beijing as well as in the northern regions of Inner Mongolia and Shaanxi province recorded videos showing the bright white plumes in the sky, which were also likened to SpaceX’s recent Falcon 9 launch after it created similar images.

and yet we only have a hand full of photos

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
China is still heavily censored thats why.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop
You could always try using a translation service to type key words in a search engine in Mandarin, cantonese, Chinese to see what it can find from china's thoroughly filtered networks.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Looks like a missle test no big

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha
I enjoy reading all the science he has in his presentations. Keeps my brain fresh.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Winds blew the trail around.

Just curious but why was the trail visible at night? I understand the exhaust would illuminate some of it, but that’s a huge visible trail in the pictures.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

High enough for some sunlight to illuminate I think.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

At the altitude the trail is at, the sun hasn't fully set. So it's reflecting from the exhaust trail.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It also could have been a planned maneuver similar to what the THAAD did to bleed off energy during tests to keep it in whatever range they were using

edit on 10/23/18 by FredT because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/23/18 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The other issue about a nuclear powered missile / aircraft, as we saw with Project Pluto, the amount of radiation it would have spewed out would have been fierce

top topics

<<   2 >>

join