It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dysfunctional families

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Not that I am not undermining the help of the family unit in development of the individual. Yet, you cant stay in it forever. this is not who you are. you are not a child, not a mother, not a father. you are all at once.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla
Oh, okay, interesting opinion.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

sounds rather twisted i know

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla
I wouldn't say it was twisted, just an interesting opinion.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Jesus Cornish, I thought I was the only one with a family like that. I'm the youngest of 6 and I am always the mediator. But sometimes you just have to keep your mouth shut with all the truths you know. I always say my brothers and sisters have selective memory. They remember only what they want to and that is sometimes distorted.
I only have one sister and one brother alive today. My sister, never married, lived only for her work. Got more money than she knows what to do with, yet is hard done to.
My brother is Bi and all his life he has been in and out of prisons. His main argument now is he wasn't invited to my parents golden wedding party. I could ofcourse break us apart by saying "you weren't invited because we didn't know what prison you were in", but I keep quiet and keep the peace.
When I was 16 I was destined to go into the Coldstream Guards like my father and uncle, bbbuuuttt it was the late 1960s. The hippy took hold of me and I rebelled. From then on I was an outcast most of the time and that only changed when I got married. Which I always say to my wife"my inlaws have been more of a family than my own family"
The tales I could tell. Wweeelll.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
Oh man I'd love to have a few pints with and the chat!
Families (or big families) are crazy aren't they!

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I've got more stab wounds on my back that eerr nobody eerr really remembers me getting. But I #king well do. Bring back flower power. What I couldn't understand was their belligerence when all I wanted was peace. They still can't understand why I 'm so "laid back".

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Interesting that I am also the "care taker" of my family and my extended family (brothers in law etc).
I left home at 15 and it was quite the scandal back in those days. I chose the hard path and believe that I was better for it, in the end. My group which consists of a lot of different family and friends are all dysfunctional to a degree LOL, in our own ways. There is rarely a dull moment!
A favorite author of mine had a line in a poem
"We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike"
I've always loved that and try to keep it in my mind.

Rugby today?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
I like that line, and it is true, we are all more alike than we realise.
Rarely a dull moment in my family either, which is why I left town all those years ago haha!
...no rugby today, he's injured from a brutal tackle last week

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join