It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Follow-up: Rosemount (MN) educator resigns after 'kill Kavanaugh' tweet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Source: Rosemount educator resigns after 'kill Kavanaugh' tweet
For those not aware of this story, here;s a review of what prompted this occurrence. Following the BK confirmation to the SCOTUS, a far-left liberal teacher took it upon herself to post a public tweet calling for the murder of BK.

Zuzek said the district began receiving complaints about the tweet on Sunday. It read: "So whose [sic] gonna take one for the team and kill Kavanaugh?" By Monday, a spokesman for the FBI office in Minneapolis said the agency was aware of the posting, and the school district was conducting its own review.

The school was notified of this and took measures to put her on paid leave while an investigation was done. IMO, the correct manner to handle this to ensure her innocence until proof it was her that posted the tweet. However, after the investigation it seems she "resigned" from her teaching position after the investigation. That is teacher-speak for being given the opportunity to resign or be fired.

The district said Tuesday that the instructor at the Alliance Education Center, whom it did not name, had voluntarily resigned from her position with the district. In a statement posted on the district's website, Intermediate School District 917 Superintendent Mark Zuzek wrote that the staff member did not make the post on Twitter while at school, adding that "there were no school devices, equipment or other school staff involved in the actions."

I say, good show all around. And, IMO, she should be subject to a mental evaluation and her teaching licence pulled until such time as she can be declared safe to herself and others. Publicly calling for the murder of anyone should be taken seriously in the aftermath of the Scalisi shooting incident on that baseball field.

Regardless of political affiliation, these type of threats advocating violence needs to stop, NOW.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Ummm...that's all right...I'm sure she's already bounced to her feet in a new position that pays twice as much...

And Hillary scratched that help wanted...off her list...

YouSir

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Sadly, this is all the Left has to offer.
They have no platform worth following, the only message is " Resist Trump ! " and when they say " By Any Means" they are including violence.
Scary times when people are crazed enough to openly call for the assassination of political opponents.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

What else can it be, other than hysteria, when the possible consequences of your actions never enter into your thoughts?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I am sure shes on the short list to run the Department of Education by the 2020 presidential candidates.

edit on 11-10-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I disagree with her firing/leaving.

We have a state rep who had hoped that Trump would get assassinated and she still has her job.

Ugly speech, hate speech, is still free speech.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We have a state rep who had hoped that Trump would get assassinated and she still has her job.

Her free speech was not censored at all. She is still free to tweet death threats....but just nor work as a teacher there when doing it. Freedom has consequences. So, it is important to choose wisely first before speaking. If you are ready to accept responsibility for your speech, then "just do it" as Nike used to say.

And just as Nike now has for their slogan of their new ad campaign, “Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything”.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Ummm...perhaps we should send her a fruit basket...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I played Cards against humanity with teachers and professors. If that wasn't the most eye opening experience of my life, I don't know what is.

In this day and age, how dumb are people to put stuff like that online.
Secondly, who wants either one of them dead, c'mon we might not agree with them, but to even joke about
killing them...

link   
How is it people keep saying things *that* incredibly stupid on a platform linked to their identity?

Every time they wind up losing their job over it... but people keep doing it.

link   
Free speech is the right to say stupid snip.

DBC is right.

Be consistent like DBC is.

He should be a supreme court nominee.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

While I support free speech, this individual was in my opinion attempting to incite others. As an educator of Special Education students, she is in a unique position to know that there are individuals in the world who are impressionable enough to take her words as a cue to violence. Her words Who out there is going to take one for the team and kill Kavanaugh. I didn't use quotes as I am quoting her from memory and that may not be exact.

That is a bit scary for someone entrusted to teach children, normally I would agree with you. The should compound the lesson for all of us, that what we do and say on our social platforms, yearbooks, personal calendars, can be used against you, even 35 years later. She shouldn't teach vulnerable children, until she grows up on her own.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

It's not free speech if you can and will get punished for saying something that someone may find offensive.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

It's not free speech if you can and will get punished for saying something that someone may find offensive.

Yes, it is free speech. The 1st amendment protections apply to government censorship, so you cannot be jailed or otherwise punished by the government for your opinions. It does not apply to threats of violence. Had she said she hates BK, and hopes his life is ruined.....that I would support as free speech. that should not result in her being punished. However, for a private institution, it depends upon their own code of conduct in her contract.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...that's all right...I'm sure she's already bounced to her feet in a new position that pays twice as much...

And Hillary scratched that help wanted...off her list...

YouSir

She will start a GoFundMe campaign so Soros and friends can funnel her a dark money reward for her 'bravery'. Seriously, what a piece of crap.

Glad she was dealt with.

edit on 2018/10/11 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
How is it people keep saying things *that* incredibly stupid on a platform linked to their identity?

Every time they wind up losing their job over it... but people keep doing it.

The need for instant gratification and "likes" that drive people to say dumb #e.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I'm tired of people being allowed to resign when they should be forcibly and publicly fired.

But I agree--people that post this type of thing need a good mental eval for sure.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I just think it's a shame that people get fired for posting stupid stuff.

Hell, if that applied to me I'd never be able to hold down a job!

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Posting stupid stuff is one thing. But open calls for murder is another altogether. And that is what we have in this instance.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Job??? I thought you were a cowboy, and that's a lifestyle, not a job.

Have I been deceived???

As for the dummy tweeting dumb stuff & free speech, I think you have this one wrong for once. Free speech doesn't necessarily mean you are free from the potential consequences of your speech. And to this day she not only remains free (out of jail) but she can still say whatever the dummy wants to say.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join