It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horses And Drones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

horse dies after being spooked by drone
horseandcountry.tv...

edit on 10 10 2018 by Kester because: (no reason given)

Horses need to be acclimatised to drones very carefully. Serious injury can easily result.

They think the drone is a giant biting insect and they panic.

I hit post by accident before I'd written anything. I'm lost now, so I'm just going to bail out. Horses and drones. Any stories? Any ideas on how to acclimatise horses to the new threat from the sky?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Drones are starting to be a nightmare. People using drones have already been identified as dangerous to wildlife, and are disturbing seabird colonies, seal colonies and anything else they can hover over.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'm going to talk to my sister about this on Saturday. She has horses, and works at a vet hospital.
May be bad to say, but I did get a chuckle thinking about anyone with a drone causing her horses to get hurt. She has a wee bit of a temper, and some heavy equipment for the farm.
It wouldn't work out so well for them, if she found out who did it.

While I think they can have some practical uses, most everyday folks are not very smart with them. I sure don't blame others when they shoot them down over their property.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

No horse/drone stories, but we just got our kid a small drone to play with indoors. Given the sound it makes, I can certainly see why a horse would think they were a giant insect. It does sound like a giant mosquito.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Work them in the round pen. Get them tired and introduce the drone a little at a time. I have trained Saddlebred and TN walkers since i was a little boy. I have seen police horses stand still while helicopter land next to them, so i know it’s possible.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Thanks. It's obvious when you hear it but it had to be said to make it obvious.

Get them tired so they're less likely to pay attention then a little at a time.

Barry is a famous trainer here.

drone use looks more likely to become prevalent in the future, a horse's training should be therefore be updated to include drones

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Poor horse.

new topics

top topics

join