It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dreaming and where we go a connection to someone or something.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
so i occasionally start dreaming right before i fall asleep, im kind of in that just falling asleep stage and i always think wow this is cool or something along those lines when it happens and next thing am out like a light, but there has been a few time where i have woke up from that state just before i went into deep sleep i guess you would say.

and this is where it gets weird.

when i snap out of the only half asleep but dreaming state i feel as if in my mind i am looking right into the face of something, its not human what ever it is, i can see it but i cant really get a good look at it. again its as if i see it in my mind while i still have my eyes shut, not only am i looking right into its face (i think) it almost feels as if i am connected to this thing and i can feel it as well. the bad new is 10 or 20 seconds after i wake up and see/feel this thing it just seems to be gone shortly after, like it broke connection and disappeared.

i don't know maybe i still half way dreaming when this happens but it just happened to me again a few nights ago and i tried to hold on to and not let it disconnect, I was hoping i could get a good idea as to what i am seeing or feeling but it just kind of faded away anyways. probably about a minute after it was gone i opened my eyes and got up out of bed so this was not just a dream.

anyone else ever have this experience please don't say you have if you have not.. i might just be out of it since i am just waking up from a sleep like state, maybe this is not really happening maybe its just the end of a dream im having right when wake up. but if anyone else has has this experience i would like to know.

sleep is a strange thing our brain basically shuts off and starts having visions and what not. very weird stuff.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dannylightning

Some of it is just how the brain works... your conscious mind goes off the clock and the subconscious takes over. The overlap between the two is odd because the two states of consciousness overlap but they do not think, process or see things the same way at all. So there is a bit of discord between the two.

Your subconscious, for instance, knows that there is an inter-connectivity to everything around you but thinks in the abstract... something the conscious mind cannot process.

Your conscious mind at the same time is doing a memory dump into the subconscious that it can't understand when you are falling asleep.

So both try to deal with the information overload and attempt to process and understand it.

That is called dreaming.

It is possible that you may have the ability to process the information a little better than most.

What your subconscious mind is showing to your conscious mind is something we call the Tapestry.

The universal mind, the Gods, the Spirits, the underpinning of the universe, the Everything.

Our People used things like peyote (the little grandfather) and a sweat lodge to help the two minds work together better.

Although there is the third mind as well... the small one that is your animal side. It can communicate better between the bigger brains when you do that too.

Indians call that part of the brain their guiding spirit, since it identifies as an animal to them. A part of them, but more a part of Earth.

Others not as close to the Mother don't deal with it as well.

But I digress.

Keep on your search... I think you are on the right road.

Edited to add... that is why Native Americans know you have three spirits that are a part of you.

Other cultures have incorporated the concept as well when attempting to describe the Tapestry.

They are the blind men in the cave describing the elephant...

It is a story of a group of blind men, who have never come across an elephant before and who learn and conceptualize what the elephant is like by touching it. Each blind man feels a different part of the elephant's body, but only one part, such as the side or the tusk. They then describe the elephant based on their limited experience and their descriptions of the elephant are different from each other. In some versions, they come to suspect that the other person is dishonest and they come to blows. The moral of the parable is that humans have a tendency to claim absolute truth based on their limited, subjective experience as they ignore other people's limited, subjective experiences which may be equally true.

Attempting to describe the indescribable is what has made most religions.

edit on 8-10-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Hey there, thanks for sharing your experience with us.

I agree with you that dreams are really weird stuff. I have studied a little about the different dream states and a bit more of the esoterical meaning of dreaming.

Now I'm no expert in dreams or anything, I just like to read about the subject and have experienced a few weird stuff too.

People believe that we are a thing called consciousness and that this consciousness have a body. Not the other way around. Which means, that when we are not awake and using this body, we are free to leave this physical place called 3rd dimension and literally take a trip.

This is related to when someone suffer a near death experience and can see his body lying dead. There are many cases and multiple serious studies about this, we just don't have the key to unlock the consciousness secret yet.

This thing you experienced about seeing a creature of some kind is a mystery to me too. I have seen a black figure once and then when I researched on the forums I found out there were more people who have seen the same figure. The world is a really weird place my friend.

Now I have a few questions for you that'll help me understand what are you experiencing, if you're comfortable talking about it.

Have you ever seen yourself or the room you're in or maybe the house you live while sleeping?

Did you experienced sleep paralysis when you saw this creature?

Or ever woke up with the feeling there was someone in the room with you?

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Look up the term hypnagogia, it's the state of being half awake and half asleep. Many artists such as musicians and writers say they get some of their best ideas during this time. I get it very often and get extremely creative in my mind, but I don't know what to do with the information that pops in my head lol

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I think I know what you are saying! I have had an experience for a very long time, back when I was a child even, where I see this abstract face when I fall to sleep, or just before or as I wake up. I can never really get a solid look at it. It's sort of like if you draw a picture and look at the paper page beneath it, at the indenting of the drawing you had made. You can sort of see what you drew pressed upon that page, but sort of not. It's as if you are seeing an imprint of something. This may sound silly but the face I see, the closest approximation I can give is an old Castle Grayskull set I had as a kid, from the He-Man toy line. I'm not sure how similar it looks to that, but it has a very, very familiar vibe about it, as with a toy set I played with a lot at a young and impressionable age would have. I do not believe that is what I am actually seeing, but it is a close approximation.

This is because the face I see is made up of lines, with lots of blocks or patterns (similar to stone bricks.) There are big black eyes, similar to those of a skull. Overall, there is an ancient, age-old look and feel about the face and its pattern. Whenever I see it I remember it instantly and feel like I do when I look in the mirror and see my familiar face looking back, like it's a mirror reflection of my spiritual face or sub-conscious/soul face or something along those lines.

I've even had a view of those big black eyes while fully awake at times in my past, especially if feeling quite sleepy, often while walking for some reason. Sometimes I would see them when I woke up (I just remembered that used to happen a lot!) I'm sure this sounds super creepy but it's not really. It feels very personal, familiar. I used to think when this happened I was seeing through those eyes (not seeing reality from a different perspective but noticing a set of spiritual eyes over-top of my physical ones, like how I see the glasses I am wearing over my eyes while typing this.)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It's as deep or shallow as you make it out to be. Personally when I choose to lucid dream I do active imagination/visualization as I lay comfortably with my eyes closed before sleep. Theta brainwave is the frequency of the "right before", and after sleep. My active visualizations allow my cognizant brain functions to remain in use during this stage before sleep so that I have high chances of being aware that I am dreaming mid dream during deep sleep. Anyway, facial pattern recognition is highly developed and functioning all the time in our brains. We often think of two dots as a pair of eyes within a circle or something as simple yet abstract like a smiley face. The occipital face processes eyes, so something as simple as two blotted dark spots in your closed eye vision can bare the meaning of eyes and face. Especially when in theta the image of a face staring at you can be frightening in some sense, heh, because theta is the frequency that encapsulates relaxation but also in some cases, fear.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
We got some interesting replies here... When i get into that dreaming yet awake state, im going to guess it probably only last about 1-2 minutes than a fall asleep all the way, i wish i could make it last longer. most of the time i dont see this face, its only happens every now and again

the face i see, what i was able to make out it has really big eyes and its almost got some really short octopus tentacles or maybe some short skin flaps hanging its mouth.. at least that is what i think i saw .. like i said i cant get a good look at it but i can kind of see a all black outline and maybe a few bits and pieces, i can make out the eyes really well but not the rest of the face.

it almost felt like not only was i looking into its eyes but i could see thew its eyes like mentioned in the castle grey skull post.. im gonna have to look that up and see if it resembles what i was seeing.. so i just looked at it and it doe shave long hanging teeth so i guess its a similar look to what i saw but not quite .
edit on 9-10-2018 by dannylightning because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Have you ever seen yourself or the room you're in or maybe the house you live while sleeping?

Did you experienced sleep paralysis when you saw this creature?

Or ever woke up with the feeling there was someone in the room with you?

that would be a no to all of your questions.. i did not try to move but i think i could have if i had tried to

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Well that's interesting.

I've seen a black figure with what it looked to be red eyes once. Couldn't move or yell, so it was kinda a desperate moment lol, but it's fun after you go through it.

I don't know what to tell you because you seem to experience different things that I'm used to, but as someone said above, you're on the right track and I'm pretty sure you'll find out what this all means at some point.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dannylightning
We got some interesting replies here... When i get into that dreaming yet awake state, im going to guess it probably only last about 1-2 minutes than a fall asleep all the way, i wish i could make it last longer. most of the time i dont see this face, its only happens every now and again

the face i see, what i was able to make out it has really big eyes and its almost got some really short octopus tentacles or maybe some short skin flaps hanging its mouth.. at least that is what i think i saw .. like i said i cant get a good look at it but i can kind of see a all black outline and maybe a few bits and pieces, i can make out the eyes really well but not the rest of the face.

Sounds like Cthulhu.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

Sounds like Cthulhu.

lol.. speaking o that it just hit me what the mouth things remind me of, doctor zoidberg from that future rama cartoon..
this thing is allot more intimidating looking tho, its something you probably would not want to see in real life, it is kind of evil or sinister looking from what i can tell but i dont think it anything to be scared of.

now if it were actually in the room with me.. it might be something to worry about..

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

S & F

I hope you figure out what's going on with your dreams. I have very vivid dreams and dreams that have forewarned me of things from 9/11 to exes that cheated on me before they became my ex, time and again, I get it from my grandmother as she had the same experiences but also saw spirits, which my sister now sees immediately after death. This isn't relevant to your topic as you asked, but I think there are some of us who have a connection to something on the other side of life that talks to us or gives us signs. There may be something talking to you or trying to send you a message from another "realm" so to speak. Whatever it is, try your best to decode the message and you could find out more of what you're searching for.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

Sounds like Cthulhu.

lol.. speaking o that it just hit me what the mouth things remind me of, doctor zoidberg from that future rama cartoon..
this thing is allot more intimidating looking tho, its something you probably would not want to see in real life, it is kind of evil or sinister looking from what i can tell but i dont think it anything to be scared of.

now if it were actually in the room with me.. it might be something to worry about..

Maybe it IS in the room with you. I feel like the side of the house my bedroom and laundry room is on is haunted. That's where all the noises in my house come from. And it almost always happens when I'm just on the verge of being fully asleep. I'll hear my dryer door slam shut and it'll wake me up from my near dream state. I've found hand prints on my bathroom mirror as well, prints that 110% weren't mine. I'm not frightened of it as it seems to pitter patter with footsteps like a child, maybe 5 years old. I just moved my 2 year old's crib to the side of my room by the laundry room and every night around 1:28 am he wakes up and whimpers until I wake up and put him in bed with me. Is he being awaken by my little child ghost? It's possible. My wife can't go to sleep unless I'm in the room with her. But it seems to come out just in the state of dreaming, FOR ME, that you reach when you see what you see.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

i dont have anything like that going on where i live now. i just feel like i have the occasional connection to something when in a dream and i dont think its a spirit type thing, i think its weird flesh and blood living thing but i dont think its something from this earth.. maybe something from another planet or some other dimension. who knows.

if it wanted to send me a message i dont think it would disconnect from me and take off a few seconds after i wake up out of that dream state and realize its there, it seems like it would try to hold onto he connection and tell me what it had to say if it had something to say

i dont know maybe its what makes us dream, (MR. Sandman lol) maybe we go to sleep and it feeds off our energy or something and it gives us crazy dreams so we don't know its there. whatever it is i would say its not there to hurt us or it would have done so already. i just think its pretty strange and interesting. Maybe one day ill be able to connect to it for a longer period of time and figure out whats going on..

maybe i just think its something and its actually nothing but it would be cool to find out

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I’vd lurked on these forums a while but this is the first time I felt like posting!

Not sure if it’s similar, but for a long time in my life I could focus when lying down, and begin seeing faces, but very briefly. It is hard to describe, but it’s usually colourless, almost like if I was looking at someone in the dark. The strange part to me was that it’d always be as if the person was talking to someone. There would always be distinct features, enough for me to recognize that I don’t know the person, but in a way that is surprising (in the sense that I’d have a tough time drawing an imaginary detailed face, but would do much better if I tried drawing someone I know, etc). Sometimes it is angry (like yelling etc), sad, happy, just a general conversation, etc, and sometimes I feel like some of them aren’t human. I am a believer of the idea that people are more closely connected than we think, so my theory is that these are brief glimpses from someone else’s eyes, but filtered through their mind, so it has never had details from the background, etc.

I tried doing this a few times recently and haven’t had much luck, so not sure what changed but sometimes I hope it will come back!

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: realnost
I’vd lurked on these forums a while but this is the first time I felt like posting!

Not sure if it’s similar, but for a long time in my life I could focus when lying down, and begin seeing faces, but very briefly. It is hard to describe, but it’s usually colourless, almost like if I was looking at someone in the dark. The strange part to me was that it’d always be as if the person was talking to someone. There would always be distinct features, enough for me to recognize that I don’t know the person, but in a way that is surprising (in the sense that I’d have a tough time drawing an imaginary detailed face, but would do much better if I tried drawing someone I know, etc). Sometimes it is angry (like yelling etc), sad, happy, just a general conversation, etc, and sometimes I feel like some of them aren’t human. I am a believer of the idea that people are more closely connected than we think, so my theory is that these are brief glimpses from someone else’s eyes, but filtered through their mind, so it has never had details from the background, etc.

I tried doing this a few times recently and haven’t had much luck, so not sure what changed but sometimes I hope it will come back!

that's interesting.. seems a little different than what i have going on, but than again mine does not last long enough to really know what is going on..

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

This state inbetween sleep and waking is when your consciousness exists in the astral plane, while in this plane you can encounter other people who are in that plane and other beings as well. I have faced alien like beings in this astral plane who were messing with my kids.. Once I realized where they were coming from it helped me understand how to deal with them. When you are on the same plane.. you can interact.. so be very careful when dealing with any beings or entities in that between plane. The good news is, you have power in that state so use it.. not physical power.. your physical body will do you no good in that plane, but your ethereal form has power there. Practice walking around with your subtle body while in this state.. so if you encounter a being again.. you won't feel powerless.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Dude the title is so spot on.........had to say........

Now why are some so real and some fleeting for the meaning or details....idk

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: realnost

Wow, cool of ya to tell us about that........when I was little I'd see red stars, no dots, it was if I was in space why stars came out of me there but

I could keep going through the cloud of red dots as long as I didn't blink ....but my eyes were shut.......if I blinked ....the red dots would reset their distance and start their travel to me over again
You don't believe me do ya.....kidding hehehe
edit on 12-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

top topics

<<   2 >>

join