It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Shutting Down Google Plus to consumer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This was just announced. How will this impact those of us who created accounts (such as myself) using Google+

Thanks in advance.
edit on 8-10-2018 by Sabrechucker because: edit

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Dang I used google+ too. I wonder..

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

I've never used it. What did it do? If it was Blogger-related, I'm still pissed off with how they relegated it to Nowheresville.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
looks to me that Google + was always geared toward business customers.
gsuite.google.com...

I don't know that regular google features will be impacted at all.
But, JMO.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the quick replies. I suppose it's a wait and see. I just worry if impacted, I may go to log on one day and not be able.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I still can't believe ATS forces you now to use a social media account to sign up.

Glad I was grandfathered in with an email sign in, I don't have any SM accounts and would not sign up for one to join ATS.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

That's my main concern. I've never had and never will use FB or Twitter. smelled them a mile away

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
OP. I dont think its going to effect our use of gmail prolly. Its just going to blacklist normal citizens from using the things the corporations use on google plus.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

That's kind of what I gathered when looking at DTOM's post. i hope so, thanks

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker

That's my main concern. I've never had and never will use FB or Twitter. smelled them a mile away

Same with me , but is got me wondering about, if our accounts that are older and just use an email, and the new ones that require SM to sign up,
Are they treated any differently?

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

I would think so, i just joined a couple months ago. when you log in e-mail log in is at the top. followed by SM. all I have to do under G+ is give e-mail and PW

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I've been de-Googling my life as much as I can. The only thing I can't put aside is Youtube. I follow certain channels I can't view otherwise.

Good riddance G+. R.I.P.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Yeah I'm glad I was before that nonsense as well. Wouldn't be here otherwise. Makes me wonder how many people aren't here that would be without it.
edit on 10/8/2018 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
There was a time, not too long ago, that G+ was thee tool of choice for semi-private groups built around niche topics. For example: the pen and paper RPG (Think D&D, Call of Cthulhu, etc) community made great use of the format in a way you simply never saw with other forms of social media. I regularly interacted with writers and artists for Dungeon Crawl Classics, as an example.

I'll miss that.

I never used it for anything else, so I have no idea what else I'll be missing, but -- for me -- the aforementioned groups were G+'s UCA.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

We look down on them and call them noobs.

But seriously, no real difference that I can see. A member in good standing is a member in good standing, even if they are a mod.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

That's crazy no idea ats did that now.

top topics

join