It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Windigo demon ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
For the peoples of the North, the Wendigo is an ever present reality.

Perhaps a personification of hunger?

Perhaps where indigenous people had their tents and camp grounds.

But nowadays the Wendigo is very real.

One story, for example:
www.youtube.com...

edit on 6-10-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
They all moved to Florida now for the Flakka.

a reply to: halfoldman

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
www.ancient-origins.net...

The Wendigo (spelt also as Windigo and Windego) (the plural form being Wendigoag) is a creature that can be found in the legends of the Native Americans, most notably amongst the Algonquian peoples.

These peoples are some of the most extensive and numerous of the Native American groups in North America, and they once lived all along the Atlantic Coast and the Great Lakes Region.

However, Wendigo-like creatures are also found in the legends of other Native American tribes, including the neighbors of the Algonquians, the Iroquois. Amongst these peoples, a creature known as the Stonecoat bears some similarities to the Wendigo. A Wendigo’s Insatiable Hunger Roughly translated, the word ‘Wendigo’ means ‘the evil spirit that devours mankind’.

Another translation, said to be made by a German explorer around 1860, equates the word ‘Wendigo’ with ‘cannibal’. Wendigoag are said to have an insatiable hunger for human flesh - no matter how much flesh they eat, they remain hungry. This hunger is reflected in their appearance, which, according to some, is extremely thin. Despite their gaunt physiques, Wendigoag are described by some as giants, measuring at about 4.5 m (14.8 feet) in height. Whilst there are slight variations as to the physical description of this creature amongst the different Algonquian peoples, it is generally agreed that Wendigoag have glowing eyes, long yellowed fangs and long tongues.

Most Wendigoag are also said to have sallow and yellowish skin, though others say that they are matted with hair or have decaying skin.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I grew up, and currently live in the Algonquin area. Spent many nights alone in the woods, and never encountered any form of crypto. I have heard that the wendigo story is more based on people experiencing cabin fever in the winter, which doesn't surprise me. Having spent a few winters isolated, (last winter it was six months straight besides a weekly trip into town,) I can understand how, a century or more back, that isolation, with no internet, tv, radio or telephone; combined with trying to live off of supplies that may not be enough to last the winter could lead to madness and maybe cannibalism.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Frostbiter - The Wendigo.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Or as Stephan King put in Dreamcatcher - dude, that's an assweasel!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The Wendigo:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Not to be rude or anything, but I'm very hungry.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Can one be a vegetarian, or even a vegan Wendigo?

Not really hey.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Well there is some vitamin C in pine and spruce needles, but yeah you're totally gonna eat some raw flesh if you have to.

top topics

join