It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me or is Trump a beast on trade.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I'm banking on a market collapse to wipe out society- so far that's my ticket out of tech.

Maybe then I can shoot and harvest the deer that frolic in front of my home office every evening. It best hurry. The more housing and complexes they build around here the fewer deer and rabbit I'm seeing. Those that don't get hit by cars anyways.

It's funny. When I got here 7 years ago, I'd see a large family of deer roaming the front lawn every night, Rabbits in every direction you could look foraging for food, raccoons constantly breaking into the building, an occasional skunk, and the yelps of coyote pups in the near distance. A daily roadrunner friend that would somehow find it's way in our gated area. This was still a City then but there were a lot of space for field and woods between divisions. Now... I don't hear the coyotes yelping anymore (once in a blue moon I will way off), I don't see nearly as many deer as I used to. Haven't seen the roadrunner in ages. Though I still do see the rabbits come out when I leave late in the evening now and then.

I think I could live off the land, just fine. So long as my resources don't get poisoned by one thing or another.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

I don't see a real issue. The US went from none to full steam ahead in WWII within 1 year. It literally took us 1 year to get our crap together and started putting people to work in factories. Though, that was for war.

If the country needed it and if a call was made and the right person stepped up and made that call, I'm certain americans would come together and do whatever is needed.

Right now, there is way too much bickering and hate and one big line drawn into the sand between red and blue. We were expected and DID fall in line behind each PoTUS and let him do his job. ...except this one. Never have I witnessed so much resentment, animosity and resilience against a PoTUS.

I'm sure we can all agree that we need to get our act together. I think both sides should look at their adamant crazies and say... "Just Stop Already"! ...and let this administration do what it's going to do, just like we let every administration do before it. All we're doing is feeding the political beast and I'm afraid that all too soon, it's hunger won't be able to be sated and they'll simply fall into blood thirst.

Doesn't anyone remember Hathor and the role she played for Osiris? Yeah... That

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Mandroid7

What will the price ramifications be?

I know steel prices jacked through the roof.

We aren't saving any money, the gov is getting rich and prices are 25% higher now.

Sounds like a giant tax scam.

and forecast shows prices will drop rather quickly to much lower levels...within 24 months

tradingeconomics.com...

Not to be too negative, I know something needs to change on trade but...

Does the forecast cover re-building the entire steel industry from mining to foundry work within 2 years then hoping the industry is nice and will drop the new pricepoints?

My forecast of snow in the Keys sounds more accurate than that one.

I'd just be cautious of the tarriffs. It's an import tax taking a chunk off of the front end of everything we buy and drives up costs to the consumer.

I don't know the answer, but I can tell you who's making the money off this and it's not me.

The steel fiasco is costing me an extra 15k this year. MAGA

Hopefuly this huge temporary tax cut will help out.

I hear you my friend and do hope your losses are temporary and quickly recoverable . In my industry we have been besieged with Chinese knock offs, estimated our industry(Bridal and Social Occasion apparel) lost 10-15 percent a year till we started fightback 3 years ago, got thousands of web sites shut down. but in the mean time it put legit manufacturers and retail stores out of business, we still got a long way to go to get to where we were. Honestly we might not ever make it back. My companies get 100 percent of their finished goods from China so obviously any increase will be passed down the chain, my territory is very price aware any increase is going to effect our business. Being a niche market and a high end at that we are already exploring ways to diversify and stay in business.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

It's part of the Triffin dilemma.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join