It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me or is Trump a beast on trade.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: watchandwait410

originally posted by: lordcomac

It's like we paid off the world with those crappy trade deals in exchange for relative peace. As in no major wars with a adversary that could give us problems.

and after many years of bad agreements, our country is left so poor with so few factories, we couldn't possibly win a major war

should work out well...

Yea that is exactly why Trump is doing the steel and aluminum tariffs so we have steel in case we have a war. Bringing our steel back is a smart move even if it makes steel a little bit more expensive for a while.

Trump wants us to be a strong manufacturing country again, the only thing I am nervous about is in like ten years when everything is automated and the jobs go bye bye. That is a whole nother story though.

Everything will only become automated if we allow the technocracy to succeed. We are on the precipice here...

Yeah. Lets go back to flint knives and deer antlers to produce goods in the 21st century.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
double.
edit on 1-10-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

It's like we paid off the world with those crappy trade deals in exchange for relative peace. As in no major wars with a adversary that could give us problems.

and after many years of bad agreements, our country is left so poor with so few factories, we couldn't possibly win a major war

should work out well...

Yea but if we don't do it then another country will and reap the rewards.

The thing is that if we don't do it then some other country will and reap the rewards.

Yea that is exactly why Trump is doing the steel and aluminum tariffs so we have steel in case we have a war. Bringing our steel back is a smart move even if it makes steel a little bit more expensive for a while.

Trump wants us to be a strong manufacturing country again, the only thing I am nervous about is in like ten years when everything is automated and the jobs go bye bye. That is a whole nother story though.

Everything will only become automated if we allow the technocracy to succeed. We are on the precipice here...

edit on 1-10-2018 by watchandwait410 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

should work out well...

Yeah. Lets go back to flint knives and deer antlers to produce goods in the 21st century.

I feel a little ashamed of myself for justifying your comment with a response but I think it is worth saying again. The technocracy that is coming is not for our benefit. At all...

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

should work out well...

I feel a little ashamed of myself for justifying your comment with a response but I think it is worth saying again. The technocracy that is coming is not for our benefit. At all...

I work in IT. Technology is my friend, and my $$$$ train.

I guess you and the other Luddites are running scared. So were the cave men when someone discovered smelting.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

should work out well...

I guess you and the other Luddites are running scared. So were the cave men when someone discovered smelting.

I also work in the field, and it sure does pay- but I'm with him, computers are the devil.
Maybe I've just been doing this too long. Wish I could find a way out but the money is just too good.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

should work out well...

I also work in the field, and it sure does pay- but I'm with him, computers are the devil.
Maybe I've just been doing this too long. Wish I could find a way out but the money is just too good.

Time waits for no man...Or something like that from a Star Trek movie.

Production of industrial goods in the US is at an all time high. Employment in those sectors has been diminishing since 1945. See a tend?

Yes, work smarter, not harder. This is the way things will be from now on (and have been for 75 years).

Get with the program, or work at the fast food joint. And the fast food joint is going to automate soon, so ....

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

should work out well...

I love technology. I just don't like what TPTB are going to use it for.

I don't want to be a luddite but the elites are pushing me in that direction. It is not an irrational fear...

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

should work out well...

I don't want to be a luddite but the elites are pushing me in that direction. It is not an irrational fear...

Who are these elites I keep hearing about?

Seems to me the force of progress is kind of a cooperative effort of many millions of humans.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Selfish, not too bright, and meaningless one-liners. Guess what: Rebuilding our manufacturing base will include a lot of technology and make us greater again. You guys have some kind of problem with winning?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Selfish, not too bright, and meaningless one-liners. Guess what: Rebuilding our manufacturing base will include a lot of technology and make us greater again. You guys have some kind of problem with winning?

Technology increases individual productivity, thus requiring less workers to perform a task. SO, as I posted above, the US industrial output has steadily increased while employment in those areas goes down. Except for one area - technology workers.

The writing is on the wall for all to see. Get educated in technology or go on welfare. Us that pay taxes don't mind that much when we pay for the dregs of humanity.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It's as though every PoTUS before him were afraid to do their job and this guys running through everything like a fat kid in a lollipop factory.a reply to: StallionDuckI don't believe that...Every President before had a completely different agenda...Every President before Trump was working on destroying our American Sovereignty...President Trump is trying to save it...

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

should work out well...

Seems to me the force of progress is kind of a cooperative effort of many millions of humans.

I disagree. The force of progress is limited to a relative hand full of people at the top of the metaphorical food chain. Obviously many people make the cogs turn but the people in control do not have our best interests at heart.

Sadly I think it's too late and we will get to see the technocracy first hand in all of it's glory. Say goodbye to your rights, your family and pretty much everything else you hold dear.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

should work out well...

I disagree. The force of progress is limited to a relative hand full of people at the top of the metaphorical food chain. Obviously many people make the cogs turn but the people in control do not have our best interests at heart.

Sadly I think it's too late and we will get to see the technocracy first hand in all of it's glory. Say goodbye to your rights, your family and pretty much everything else you hold dear.

Actually, say goodbye to humans as a species. In 100 years we will have genetically engineered ourselves into a different life form. Maybe a few humans around as pets....

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

should work out well...

Actually, say goodbye to humans as a species. In 100 years we will have genetically engineered ourselves into a different life form. Maybe a few humans around as pets....

And you embrace that future?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

should work out well...

I accept it.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

should work out well...

I accept it.

Smh. 👎
edit on 1-10-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

should work out well...

I accept it.

Smh. 👎

Try not to break it.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'm banking on a market collapse to wipe out society- so far that's my ticket out of tech.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Mandroid7

What will the price ramifications be?

I know steel prices jacked through the roof.

We aren't saving any money, the gov is getting rich and prices are 25% higher now.

Sounds like a giant tax scam.

and forecast shows prices will drop rather quickly to much lower levels...within 24 months

tradingeconomics.com...

Not to be too negative, I know something needs to change on trade but...

Does the forecast cover re-building the entire steel industry from mining to foundry work within 2 years then hoping the industry is nice and will drop the new pricepoints?

My forecast of snow in the Keys sounds more accurate than that one.

I'd just be cautious of the tarriffs. It's an import tax taking a chunk off of the front end of everything we buy and drives up costs to the consumer.

I don't know the answer, but I can tell you who's making the money off this and it's not me.

The steel fiasco is costing me an extra 15k this year. MAGA

Hopefuly this huge temporary tax cut will help out.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join