It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me or is Trump a beast on trade.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I am not the biggest Trump fan but I do like a lot of things he is doing. The way he is fixing our trade agreements is making my brain explode. When he talked today he said that we were losing $800 billion a year when you put all the bad deals together. That just blew my mind, and makes me mad at prior administration for letting us get screwed for so long. It is as if we flushed at least 12 trillion down the drain in the past 20 years.

Well that is what I really like about Trump, what do you like about his trade adventures and why.

Also do you usually hate Trump but like a thing about him that you are glad he is President?

Thanks

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The U.S. has been experiencing trade deficits because the dollar is the global reserve currency.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
You didn't have to be a beast on trade to recognize what was happening to the US. We just needed someone with the testicular fortitude to do something about it.
edit on 1-10-2018 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

The pressure from the tariffs are beginning to affect everyone precisely as intended .

Mexico

Canada

Japan is ready to negotiate

India is ready to negotiate

The EU is in negotiations

China is holding out until after the midterms. Then they will come to the table hat in hand .

I think this whole thing will be over by early next year.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: monkeyluv
The U.S. has been experiencing trade deficits because the dollar is the global reserve currency.

So our trade deficits have nothing to do with our absolutely crappy trade agreements?

Interesting.

To the OP, I think Trump had that magic wand Obama was talking about after all. Fixing 30 years of bad trade deals with the rest of the world is no small feat. Let's hope he keeps going in spite of the left trying everything they can to make America suck at trade again.

👍
edit on 1-10-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The thing I find nuts is that the national debt is 21 trillion... It would be incredibly less if we just had fair trade policies. Now we are overwhelmed by the incredible amount of debt... shame

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
They should put John Kerry in jail for undermining the Trump administration, it would probably move along a little faster.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
You didn't have to be a beast on trade to recognize what was happening to the US. We just needed someone with the testicular fortitude to do something about it.

I choose to refer to it as "Testicality".

And yes, he's AWESOME on trade.

Ahh. Another big win. Ain't tired of it yet, hehe.

Can you imagine how bad it must suck right now to be a Trump-hater? They might as well just assume the position every morning in helpless anticipation of a daily reaming.
edit on 1-10-2018 by MteWamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What will the price ramifications be?

I know steel prices jacked through the roof.

We aren't saving any money, the gov is getting rich and prices are 25% higher now.

Sounds like a giant tax scam.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

So our trade deficits have nothing to do with our absolutely crappy trade agreements?

Interesting.

To the OP, I think Trump had that magic wand Obama was talking about after all. Fixing 30 years of bad trade deals with the rest of the world is no small feat. Let's hope he keeps going in spite of the left trying everything they can to make America sick at trade again.

👍

Resistance at every turn.

It's funny.. Some presidents go their whole term trying to iron out a legacy and this guy comes swinging like Tyson and stacks legacy on top of legacy as though he were saying... "Legacy? Screw that. I want multitudes of Legacies"! To top it off, he starts working on it right out of the gate.

For so many years, I had the impression that no matter what they say, PoTUSes had no true ability to do much of anything. He was just a figurehead with no real power. When Trump got in there, I thought that no matter what he promised, the senate and the house and all powers that be there in DC wouldn't let him get any of it done. I was wrong.

Even with news reports saying such things like "Trump promised all of this and you got nothing", then hearing that things were actually in the works months before and activity actually taking place. Blows my mind.

Unfortunately those greedy powers try to stop him at every turn, as though half the country didn't count but their half did... so they delay it time after time. Still, the man is smart.. He knows how to get around it. It's just time.

For the first time in my life, I have newfound faith in at least half the people in this country. Though, it's the other half that not only baffles me but scares me. It's ok though... More than enough supplies for the zombie wars. I'm not THAT scared.

It's as though every PoTUS before him were afraid to do their job and this guys running through everything like a fat kid in a lollipop factory.

He's certainly baffling but amazingly cunning at the same time. I would almost watch this movie.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Liberals and media will hate Canadian and Mexican governments for making good deal with Trump. Hahaha !

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: Lumenari

Interesting.

To the OP, I think Trump had that magic wand Obama was talking about after all. Fixing 30 years of bad trade deals with the rest of the world is no small feat. Let's hope he keeps going in spite of the left trying everything they can to make America sick at trade again.

👍

Resistance at every turn.

It's funny.. Some presidents go their whole term trying to iron out a legacy and this guy comes swinging like Tyson and stacks legacy on top of legacy as though he were saying... "Legacy? Screw that. I want multitudes of Legacies"! To top it off, he starts working on it right out of the gate.

For so many years, I had the impression that no matter what they say, PoTUSes had no true ability to do much of anything. He was just a figurehead with no real power. When Trump got in there, I thought that no matter what he promised, the senate and the house and all powers that be there in DC wouldn't let him get any of it done. I was wrong.

Even with news reports saying such things like "Trump promised all of this and you got nothing", then hearing that things were actually in the works months before and activity actually taking place. Blows my mind.

Unfortunately those greedy powers try to stop him at every turn, as though half the country didn't count but their half did... so they delay it time after time. Still, the man is smart.. He knows how to get around it. It's just time.

For the first time in my life, I have newfound faith in at least half the people in this country. Though, it's the other half that not only baffles me but scares me. It's ok though... More than enough supplies for the zombie wars. I'm not THAT scared.

It's as though every PoTUS before him were afraid to do their job and this guys running through everything like a fat kid in a lollipop factory.

He's certainly baffling but amazingly cunning at the same time. I would almost watch this movie.

Brother (or sister, I don't judge), that post is so good, you should win the Internet.

Yuuuuugely, Bigly good.

Fat kid in a lollipop factory. Damn, I'm gonna steal that one. Wait, would "chocolate factory" be funnier?

Damn, you Rock. Where the hell have you been all my life?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It's like we paid off the world with those crappy trade deals in exchange for relative peace. As in no major wars with a adversary that could give us problems.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
It's like we paid off the world with those crappy trade deals in exchange for relative peace. As in no major wars with a adversary that could give us problems.

and after many years of bad agreements, our country is left so poor with so few factories, we couldn't possibly win a major war

should work out well...

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Brother (or sister, I don't judge), that post is so good, you should win the Internet.

Yuuuuugely, Bigly good.

Fat kid in a lollipop factory. Damn, I'm gonna steal that one. Wait, would "chocolate factory" be funnier?

Damn, you Rock. Where the hell have you been all my life?

Haha! Steal, twist, shape, borrow, take all ya want. I'm an equal opportunist kinda guy. Sides, I may have heard it somewhere. I dunno. Seemed funny at the time. Chocolate factory would be funny regardless

Thanks for the kind words about the post! I appreciate your read.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

and after many years of bad agreements, our country is left so poor with so few factories, we couldn't possibly win a major war

should work out well...

Yea that is exactly why Trump is doing the steel and aluminum tariffs so we have steel in case we have a war. Bringing our steel back is a smart move even if it makes steel a little bit more expensive for a while.

Trump wants us to be a strong manufacturing country again, the only thing I am nervous about is in like ten years when everything is automated and the jobs go bye bye. That is a whole nother story though.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

should work out well...

LMFAO! That was a good one!

Derp.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

What will the price ramifications be?

I know steel prices jacked through the roof.

We aren't saving any money, the gov is getting rich and prices are 25% higher now.

Sounds like a giant tax scam.

and forecast shows prices will drop rather quickly to much lower levels...within 24 months

tradingeconomics.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

should work out well...

Yea that is exactly why Trump is doing the steel and aluminum tariffs so we have steel in case we have a war. Bringing our steel back is a smart move even if it makes steel a little bit more expensive for a while.

Trump wants us to be a strong manufacturing country again, the only thing I am nervous about is in like ten years when everything is automated and the jobs go bye bye. That is a whole nother story though.

Everything will only become automated if we allow the technocracy to succeed. We are on the precipice here...

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The thing I find nuts is that the national debt is 21 trillion... It would be incredibly less if we just had fair trade policies. Now we are overwhelmed by the incredible amount of debt... shame

The US has debt because our federal govt spends more than they bring in in taxes. Not that hard. Raise taxes or cut spending.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join