It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customer Service - Am I in the wrong?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Likely others saw the rudeness and were also taken aback by the lack of manners on the part of the employee/manager.

Oh yes, others were watching and there was just an awkward feeling all around. Also, this person was not a worker or manager, they were the owner.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Complainers here should watch street food videos from other countries. No one says please or thank you. Everyone in the Muslim countries looks pissed off all the time.

Without fail.

In the Asian countries, only the Japanese are polite.

First Worlders are soft. I appreciate courtesy as much as the next person, but this "feel-good" movement of recent generations makes me want to puke.
edit on 10/1/2018 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

I've lived in a couple of other countries and don't want to be like them. Rudeness is not strength, and niceness is not being soft. If anything it takes more to be nice and kind, it's easy to be pissed.

It has nothing to do with feel-good, it called being civilized.

www.vocabulary.com...
"Civilized is an adjective that describes the very opposite of barbarity. A civilized person is polite and courteous; he knows how to say "please" and "thank you." A civilized group of people is characterized by being socially and technologically advanced."

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

One other thing, not only should she not have been pissed the right thing to do would have been to give you a replacement item gratis.

exactly. If not for customers, they would all be standing around wondering how their paychecks would come. Your only mistake was not asking for a replacement item. Sunday we went to Costco. A couple dropped a jar of mayonnaise in the parking lot. The cart kid ran over, and picked up the glass (the couple was trying to do it) and he asked them to wait while he went back in the store to get them a replacement jar. I realize Costco is a big retailer, but their employees understood customer service and responded well. If you have the time and energy, I'd write a review on YELP or some other social media platform to let others know. Bad publicity seems to rectify those situations rather quickly.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I swear, these past few years, the world has changed. And not subtly. It's overt, and it appears no one notices it, for some strange reason. People are snippy, snarky, rude and even holding a door open for someone, gets even less of a response than it used to.

Not only that, but everything seems just so dumbed down. It's like we all dimension shifted into derp world.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
My thought as well.
A little goodwill goes a long way to keeping customers.

Likely others saw the rudeness and were also taken aback by the lack of manners on the part of the employee/manager.

When I had my business if someone dropped something I wouldn't think of charging them twice, I'd just make them a new plate.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
exactly. If not for customers, they would all be standing around wondering how their paychecks would come. Your only mistake was not asking for a replacement item. Sunday we went to Costco. A couple dropped a jar of mayonnaise in the parking lot. The cart kid ran over, and picked up the glass (the couple was trying to do it) and he asked them to wait while he went back in the store to get them a replacement jar. I realize Costco is a big retailer, but their employees understood customer service and responded well. If you have the time and energy, I'd write a review on YELP or some other social media platform to let others know. Bad publicity seems to rectify those situations rather quickly.

That's the obvious proper way to handle the situation but not everyone can see the obvious answer. If this person is the owner they need to rethink why they are in a business that serves the public and if they are not the owner they need some serious retraining.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
i wonder for how long they are doing that business.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Parishna

i dont think you are serious with that though

you know you just dont feel people around you kind enough to you and the world suddenly feels like it is going into a disaster? you cant be serious. but i can always be wrong..I suppose.
edit on 1-10-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

How old is she? I met someone who was menopausal with hot flashes who went from sweet to bitter instantly! Maybe she is having a life crisis or the anger was with someone else and she could not get herself to be in the moment. We are all so, so? What's the word?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parishna
I swear, these past few years, the world has changed. And not subtly. It's overt, and it appears no one notices it, for some strange reason. People are snippy, snarky, rude and even holding a door open for someone, gets even less of a response than it used to.

Not only that, but everything seems just so dumbed down. It's like we all dimension shifted into derp world.

I have met many People who like myself notice this. Even Family are just not what they used to be, all very self focused and self centered.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You guys are making me feel a lot better. Maybe we are used to old school good customer service (sad to say that is what it is becoming now)

I was seriously ok eating the cost, I broke it and don't expect stuff for free. I have a similar story to your Costco one, (which by the way they have awesome customer service)

I went to Qdoba, I was getting a burrito bowl, a very young kid was making my dish. He asked me if I wanted sour cream, before I said no, he put it on the food. I told him it was ok, just scoop it off. He did but the dish looked a mess, I said it was ok I'm going to eat it anyways, don't worry about it. He threw the dish out and started over and said it wasn't right for me to have a dish look like that. I was really surprised by this young man. That is customer service. The restaurant lost the cost of one dish, but they kept me as a customer because I felt like it was important to them that I had an attractive yummy looking dish and would return as a customer.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Nah, you were fine. I've seen a similar reaction at our little grocery store where someone had not been watching where they were pointing their cart and knocked several wine bottles off a display. What a mess, a whole lot of wasted wine on the floor.
Then a short while later, someone else backed up into an applesauce display and knocked several big jars off & broke those. At that point the manager was irate, though in a collected manner -- he explained that one person or another had knocked s# in glass off shelves & displays all day long and they'd Had. It. with the day.

So your encounter could have been along those lines. Sometimes they just have one of those days where your singular (to you) incident is just one more strike against them on a Murphy's Law day.
edit on 10/1/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I wouldn't say that you're wrong, per se, but I also recall my own retail days too.

It's hard to be the person working the job. Sometimes, we have bad days.

You never know what her day has been like or what's going on. For all you know, her silence at that moment in time, might have been the very best she could do for whatever reason, and it may have been a good reason.

So when something like that happens, I always look for a pattern. If it's a one-off thing or so rare that it might as well be, I chalk it up to a bad day and brush it off. If it becomes a regular thing, then it's a problem and I think about something else.

We recently changed out regular grocery store for just that reason.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

You should go in there and fill a cart full of stuff from all over the store. Stop in the middle of an empty aisle, leave the cart and walk out. There now they have a real reason to be pizzed.

edit on 1-10-2018 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

They don't have carts!
Yup, no carts, no baskets, and no bags. See why I dropped that jar??

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

If it was a large jar of maple or chocolate syrup
I'd be lost for words too.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Maybe she was having a bad day. You could always approach her again and apologize again, see if she acts differently.

Or just go somewhere else. Doesn't seem like a big deal. Retail workers aren't robots and sometimes they don't respond perfectly.

Some people are just kind of sh1tty and some are just having a bad week. Don't take it too seriously 🏌🏿

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

You should go in there and fill a cart full of stuff from all over the store. Stop in the middle of an empty aisle, leave the cart and walk out. There now they have a real reason to be pizzed.

If I was going to do that it would be frozen, meat, and deli.

Just kidding. My little devil popped out for a sec there.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join