It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customer Service - Am I in the wrong?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
also. can you explain where she/he was rude to you again? i missed that part.
edit on 1-10-2018 by Damla because: missing word

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I did not refuse a BAG! They don't have bags!!!!!!!! This could be the reason the checkout girl said "it happens all the time! "

This is not a regular store, there are different little zones with separate checkout areas.
I was on the way out and they have a little bakery area, I wanted to get a baked good so stopped there. I did not return to the regular line I was in.

Since when is acknowledging a customer coddling them? Wow, now I see why so many business are unsuccessful with that train of thought!

It's true, they may not miss my business, but I am certain they will miss more than my business if this is their standard way of treating customers.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

no. they didnt offer you a bag. i am sure there is.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Damla

Normally, when you go to a store and someone says something to you for whatever reason, you respond.

In my case I dropped an item I already purchased and apologized. The owner absolutely refused to acknowledge my apology multiple times. At first I thought maybe she just didn't hear me, so I bent down and said "I am so sorry, i really am" She just wiped the floor and looked steaming mad. I was taken aback.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

really? they respond? aallll the time? they are always friendly? and dont avoid you? interesting.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
i am sorry. you did something wrong. it doesnt fit.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Nope no bags, i'm dead serious.
This is a place that sells seasonal items. It is all prepacked, hence no need for bags.

Just this year they started selling other home goods, candies, preserves, and nick nacks. Since they have never used or needed bags in the past it probably wasn't even a thought this year. I'm sure that will change

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I'm not sure where you shop, but yes, normally where I go people do talk, especially if you say something to them.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damla

really? they respond? aallll the time? they are always friendly? and dont avoid you? interesting.

Sorry I misunderstood i lost context
edit on 1-10-2018 by VividestSum93 because: For a misunderstanding

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: VividestSum93

so have i. we can think this over or we dont. somebody is upset. so what? it happens all the time.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I am at a loss to explain the current attitude that people in service occupations must always be smiley, happy, and gay. This is an impossible expectation.

I've never worked in the service industry but, as a human being, I still recognize they're not always going to be happy, smiley, and gay.

People treat them like sh*t all the time. I expect them to be a lot more bitchy than I've found them to be. I've had bad experiences, but I always try to walk a mile in their shoes, especially having witnessed how they are treated.

In light of that, I never stay mad for long. There is usually a good reason they are having a bad day.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
There is a local store that I have frequented since it opened.
It has grown quite a bit and I've still made it a point to go there, and quite honestly have spent a good amount of money there.

I was shopping and purchased a number of items. I wasn't given a bag for everything and to be honest it was probably too much for me to hold.
I checked out and paid.

On my way out I noticed something...

Might I add something..but digress a bit?

My 83 yr old mother-in-law calls me for the phone # to McDonalds (friggin' McDonalds!)...to call the mgr.(some prob. 20-something promoted from Drive Thru)...to say her hamburger was cold.

"Mom! It's MCDONALDS!" "Well, I want to complain!" "Mom! It's Mc-DONALDS. Like Taco Bell or Subway Subs! I don't have the #! (why would I have the #?!). Take it back!"

"Well, shouldn't "they" care?"

"MOM..it's not a fine restaurant with a waitstaff and hostess.TAKE THE BURGER BACK FOR ANOTHER ONE!! It's a McDonalds for gosh sakes!"

*(Yes folks, I know it's either corporate or franchise..and they DO want to know these things).

Later on that same day..."Did you exchange your regular hamburger mom and talk to the mgr?"

"Well..After I found the #, they wouldn't answer, so I went there and it was some kid! He looked at me all stupid...gave me another one." Great. "But, that one was all dry once I got home! I went back again...He told me it was "just a burger lady" and complain to the owners. What's happened to customer service?"

"Customer service isn't the same any more, Mom!"

"I see. Son...do you have the # to Dairy Queen?!?!?"

Sigh....
edit on 1-10-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I agree with Socrates, she may have just been having a bad day. She was doing her job, cleaning up the mess. It isn't a requirement that people respond to others when being spoken to, as long as she was doing her job she's in the clear in my opinion. Of course it would've been nice for her to acknowledge you, but she was doing her job, after all.

Also, maybe she is deaf? Or hard of hearing, or has a mental deficiency?
I've had a couple TBIs in my life, and it's affected my brain's processing speed. There are times when I don't register that someone is talking to me until they've gotten a few sentences out, and I have to ask them to repeat themselves.

There are literally hundreds of reasons why she didn't respond to you, and none of them have to be negative. You're reading too much into it.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

This is exactly why I wrote this post. Maybe I am missing something maybe
this is the norm now:

It isn't a requirement that people respond to others when being spoken to,

I guess I always thought that was part of doing business? Maybe we will all have to accept that robots will be serving us soon. On the bright side, they will probably be more polite and at least respond.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Yup me too I enjoy people I really do 99.5% of the time. I agree I had a lady shove her cart into me because she was having a bad day, it didn’t excuse her.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Lots of places don’t offer bags anymore, paper is expensive it’s what we use however. Plastic bags are banned by a bylaw. So at some places if you dont bring a bag it’s carried in your hands.

Sorry dosent fit you make little to no sense all the time.
edit on 1-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Then you must be an acrobat.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

One other thing, not only should she not have been pissed the right thing to do would have been to give you a replacement item gratis.

My thought as well.
A little goodwill goes a long way to keeping customers.

Likely others saw the rudeness and were also taken aback by the lack of manners on the part of the employee/manager.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I guess I just see it differently than you. You apologized twice, so you're definitely in the clear. Therefore (to me) the situation has been handled.

But, I'm coming at it from a "the customer ISN'T always right" stance. I'm in no way saying you did anything wrong, because you didn't. I just don't agree that customer service workers have to always be bright and cheery 100% of the time with customers. To me, that isn't realistic, and can be downright fake and patronizing. There could be any number of reasons why she didn't respond. Maybe she had just found out that day that a loved one was terminally ill, and speaking at all would've caused her to burst into tears. There are literally hundreds of things that could be going on, and I'd bet that none of them were negative towards you, and she wasn't purposely trying to be a jerk.
Bottom line (to me), we have absolutely no way to know why she acted the way she did, and I like to give people the benefit of the doubt in those situations, rather than automatically thinking they have it out for me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join