It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese Spacecraft Found Concrete Block on Asteroid.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Nature's concrete!

A mixture of nature's own materials becomes a sort of concrete one could suppose.

Thats what it looks like to me...a really bad concrete pour.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Blasted double post. I wonder if astroidians do the same thing?
edit on 1-10-2018 by sligtlyskeptical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
how bloody amazing is this!@

awesome!

haya2now.jp...

Plastic bottles in our oceans, now on asteroids

Top right corner, with the cap still on, or is that
a bottle of Gator Aid ?

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Most meteorites came from asteroids. Most asteroids originated from Mars. Asteroid Ryugu originated from Mars, because the asteroid has a concrete block and a sedimentary rock.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: FossilLin
Most meteorites came from asteroids. Most asteroids originated from Mars. Asteroid Ryugu originated from Mars, because the asteroid has a concrete block and a sedimentary rock.

But how many Martian ghosts?????

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Correction, many asteroids might have originated from collisions of protoplanets with Mars. Phobos and Deimos could be the result of such collisions.

You cannot blow a whole asteroid out of a planet, leaving all the sedimentary and "concrete" stuff intact. Today's asteroids are the result of rubble and dust coming together through gravity.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I don't see a block anywhere. I do see Bigfoot, though. Explains why nobody can find him here on Terra Firma.

Edit: Wait a minute, if you take an even closer look, you see Yeti, too. Hmmm, things are starting to make sense now!
edit on 10/2/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Big metallic ball found on asteroid Ryugu:
www.flickr.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Big metallic ball found on asteroid Ryugu:
www.flickr.com...

Define 'big'. Explain why this is not a natural feature. Identify the original photograph.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

...Identify the original photograph.

Yes. This would be especially useful.

edit on 2/10/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Placing that 'layer of sedimentary rock' in context helps to show that it isn't a layer of sedimentary rock. It's part of a larger boulder.

(image archive here www.hayabusa2.jaxa.jp... )

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This one has some sedimentary features, FWIW:

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

There do appear to be layers in that, but such layers can't always be implied to involve water.

There is also the famous (well, famous if you're into the subject) example of Mons Hadley, the site of the Apollo 15 landing. Many of the photos of the mountain appeared to suggest tilted layers of rock. Geologists used detailed photography from lunar orbit to produce a very detailed model of the mountain and proved conclusively that the layers were shadows and thus only appeared under certain lighting conditions. This could be the case here.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
Geologists used detailed photography from lunar orbit to produce a very detailed model of the mountain and proved conclusively that the layers were shadows and thus only appeared under certain lighting conditions. This could be the case here.

Maybe. But this image is taken from that 15-image "video" the thing took, and it stays pretty consistent even as the sun changes position. Also, it's not as big as a mountain. It's a small rock with layers of some kind.

I was wondering about how layering could be done without water. Impact shock, maybe? *scratches chin thoughtfully*

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I was wondering about how layering could be done without water. Impact shock, maybe? *scratches chin thoughtfully*

Suppose it depends on where it originated! Volcanic rock can be put down in layers. One slab of rock could hit another slab of rock could hit another slab of rock and so on and so on! I'm guessing answering these questions is one reason we have these photos in the first place!

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

Sedimentary layers can also be put down through material deposited through the air -- aeolin deposition.

I'm not sayin that what this rock is or if it could have formed on a planet, blasted away, and survived intact...I'm just giving another way rocks with sedimentary layers can form, ignoring for a moment that the rock is on an asteroid.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FossilLin

Sorry, the correct source for the image of the big metallic ball is:
twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

twitter.com...

We have chemical data? Already?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Yeah but it's much more unusual and I didn't want to complicate things even more

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

twitter.com...

We have chemical data? Already?

Who knows, but i can already taste the metal and concrete, just by looking at that picture i have found that there's also a mixture of cheap sand into that mix, someone bought the cheap stuff and so the asteroid was not built to correct Alien standards, therefore it broke and now we get to find the results of cheap alien labor

Honestly, it makes me mad that people assume things by just looking at pictures, when it is clearly impossible and we can even find things here on earth that look like something they are not, is like a kid looking at a movie monster then looking at a shadow on the wall at night that looks kind of similar then assuming it has to be a monster because that's how it looked in the movie :S

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join