It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did Dr. Ford wait?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
This is the question i've been hearing and reading this entire week. It has been asked over and over.
I came across the following, and I think it really highlights the problem:

Year it took to expose sex abuse:

Catholic sex abuse - 70 years
Hastert Sex abuse - 50 years
Cosby Sex abuse - 40 years
Penn State Sex abuse - 30 years
Weinstein sex absue -30
Nassar sex abuse - 20 years

I don't think it is hard to believe that some people wait or even never bring forward sex abuse charges. Some people that came forward on the above abuse were called liar and not believed.

I think we are experiencing a wound in the United States that has been sitting there festering. We have only recently begun to talk about it.
I think we have to look at ourselves as a nation and really address all the abuse going on. It is not just to women but many many men I know have been abused themselves. The number of male abuse victims is probably even more shocking than women, it is just not talked about a lot.

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Why did Dr. Ford wait?

Because Kavanaugh never did it, and the only reason she accused him now was to stall/stop/cancel the nomination.

Entirely founded by the Democratic Party.

It is that simple.
edit on 28/9/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

I'm not a Democrat, but I do believe she did it to stop an unfit person (in her eyes) from getting the nomination.

Remember when Bill Clinton said "I did not have sexual relations with that woman!"

I can still remember how many people truly truly believed him. They would have given their firstborn at the time.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

What the problem seems to be is that these festering wounds, as you called them, only are shown the light of day when it's politically or financially expedient.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
If it was indeed "Not Political™" then why make a long overdue report to politicians™ and NOT Law Enforcement?

Then anything 'after' becomes 'fruit of the poisonous tree'...

Because the last time I checked...

A 'Half Truth' is still a "FULL Lie"....

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Do extraterrestrials abduction for sex have anything in common with these charges? I was in the talk with a guy as a reference to a Buddist abduction also of a rock fan. Are there any Christian abductions? I tried to pitch a news no one looked inside the links.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The DNC was searching for a good Problem with Kaughi. She probably didn’t even know where he went after college.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Why did Dr. Ford wait?

Because Kavanaugh never did it, and the only reason she accused him now was to stall/stop/cancel the nomination.

That's total BS... If you watched the hearings, then you would know that she's been trying to get her story out their since even before Trump was president.

The DNC have obviously given her a platform to make her allegations public at this point in time, for the purpose of stalling the nomination... But that doesn't necessarily make the allegations false.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That's where you are wrong. People were coming forward even to Police and authorities in many of the above cases.

Weinstein sex absue -30
www.bbc.com...
Police in New York tell the BBC they are looking to speak to an individual regarding an allegation against Weinstein dating from 2004. The NYPD does not provide further details.

Cosby
abcnews.go.com...
"Mid-January to mid-February 2004 Andrea Constand says Cosby sexually assaulted her at his home in Cheltenham Township in Montgomery, Pennsylvania. Though now convicted, he maintains his innocence."
Jan. 22, 2005 Constand files a police report with the Durham Regional Police outside Toronto, sparking a criminal investigation by Montgomery County detectives in Cheltenham.

Catholic Sex Abuse,
C'mon we've all known about this for decades. Even Kavanaugh and his friend Mark Judge joked about the priests! How ironic right.

Nassar
www.vox.com...
"Young women reported Larry Nassar for decades. No one took them seriously — until now."

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I was bored yesterday and watched the testimony...

According to her testimony, she came forward earlier in the process (no, not publicly), hoping that a different person would be nominated.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

This is the question i've been hearing and reading this entire week. It has been asked over and over.
I came across the following, and I think it really highlights the problem:

Year it took to expose sex abuse:

Catholic sex abuse - 70 years
Hastert Sex abuse - 50 years
Cosby Sex abuse - 40 years
Penn State Sex abuse - 30 years
Weinstein sex absue -30
Nassar sex abuse - 20 years

I don't think it is hard to believe that some people wait or even never bring forward sex abuse charges. Some people that came forward on the above abuse were called liar and not believed.

I think we are experiencing a wound in the United States that has been sitting there festering. We have only recently begun to talk about it.
I think we have to look at ourselves as a nation and really address all the abuse going on. It is not just to women but many many men I know have been abused themselves. The number of male abuse victims is probably even more shocking than women, it is just not talked about a lot.

after watching the events yesterday I dont think she did wait
i think she got screwed by feinstein and the dnc
why didnt feinstein ask kavanaugh about this in her one on one PRIVATE meeting with kavanaugh?
the dnc use ford and she will now be discarded like rubbish

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

May I ask why you feel kavanaugh is unfit?

And on your topic. This was a totally political move.
Truth or not, the timing was a political decision.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Now now, I never once said Kavanaugh is unfit did I?

I just said I understand why someone would wait.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Aside from the wait, why has she still not filed an official police report accusing Kavanaugh (nor has any of the other alleged victims, so why?). Their tragedies are now public, so they have “official” avenues to charge him and nothing to hide. The fact they haven’t filed is very, very telling.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Honestly, this whole situation makes me weep for all of us - man/woman/right/left. When people try to use something as serious as sex assault in this manner, it will make it exponentially harder for legitimate victims to come forward and be believed. It also puts the onus on the accused to defend innoncence rather than be given the assumption of innocence until proven guility.

Personally, I have been in situations in my younger days where maybe lines were crossed and it was not appropriate. Could I call that assault, sure. But to bring it up 35 years later at a crucial part of the man's life? Certainly not.

I do not believe that Kavanaugh did this, BUT if he did, first of all, an investigation should have been done sooner. It was also a different time then,35 years ago - there was no social media, no leftist extremism. In my high school and university days, # happened, you dealt with it and moved along and not put yourself in that position with that individual(s) again.

Sad state of affairs right now.

edit on 28-9-2018 by CCKP72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Sorry, I read that wrong..
I thought you said unfit "in my eyes"
Not "her eyes"

Its early, lemme alone.....

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

No, I'm not wrong.

It's only important to the masses when there is politics and money involved. Even the reasons you listed apply.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

Now now, I never once said Kavanaugh is unfit did I?

I just said I understand why someone would wait.

Most women never report on sexual assault. For years, especially a couple of decades ago, the women were blamed for wearing clothing too revealing, too tight, makeup, exposed a shoulder, a calf, an elbow.....women were blamed for their own rapes. That still happens.

With something like a groping, not even an actual rape, why would women come forward to report it? It’s almost masochistic......

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

I turned on the BBC last night as the man himself was starting his testimony and watched for a while. It turns out these accusations started in 2012, that was when Ford first discussed it with her therapist.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I did watched the hearing, and you're right. It is BS.

I don't doubt she suffered an attack back in high school. I just find it very hard to believe Kavanaugh did it. She has no proofs, no recollections of important facts (what, when, where or who) that could corroborate and/or destroy her story if she's telling lies.

The whole script of questions the DNC gave to their senate members is BS. It was a rigged scam, another one promoted by the Democrats to incriminate an innocent man for political purposes.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join