It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hand Positions of the Gods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Just poking around the Internet looking for possible images of people from the pre-Younger Dryas era, and I thought it was interesting that some of the older figurines or large statues feature people holding their hands on their bellies. They also seem to have squarish heads (the Easter Island statues had cylindrical hats), fairly large and mostly flat noses, and round eyes with no apparent epicanthic fold ("slanted" eyelids). Maybe larger brow ridges, too. They either have no beards or a short-cropped pointed beard. Sort of the way the Phonecians are sometimes portrayed.

Sulawesi, Indonesia

Easter Island

Gobekli Tepe, Turkey

I suppose that if you're going to make a figure out of straight rock, like a totem pole, there are only a few ways you can do the hands. There are variations such as the Mongolian deer stone figures where one hand is usually holding a cup and the other is down in a lap. But I don't think they depict the same people. Not many good images of what the Clovis people looked like. I wonder if they might have looked like this.

edit on 26-9-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Interesting.

My theory is that long long ago there was a global society that stayed connected and traded together using ships.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
To me, it seems that the examples you provided are depictions of MALE figures with the hands placed in a fashion that draws attention to their PHALLUS. Many ancient depictions of humanoid figures accent the sex organs or mammary glands, such as the Venus of Willendorf with huge breasts/vulva (and belly). These may have been used in fertility rituals.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

They remind me of what gamers look like today. Holding something in there hands. Or it was just easier to carve out that way.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
first thought was it's the best way to keep your statues arms from breaking off.

but then why wouldn't they put them by their sides, or one hand on the side or something?

is it a gang sign by the people who built them?

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Perhaps these totems try to remind to everybody how total dick heads their leaders were, right before causing the global cataclysm...

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
if they made the hand or arm sticking out, in wind and weather they would break or kids would climb them later and again will break them. thats why.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
i do like a graham hancock related thread. to me the evidence for a more ancient(advanced) civilisation is undeniable. could go on for years.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
if they made the hand or arm sticking out, in wind and weather they would break or kids would climb them later and again will break them. thats why.

Sure, but there are other ways to do it. Nice mustache.

Mongolian Deer Stone

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel
Perhaps these totems try to remind to everybody how total dick heads their leaders were, right before causing the global cataclysm...

I can only assume that if you make a big statue of somebody, they're probably important in some way and not just some random dude.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
To me, it seems that the examples you provided are depictions of MALE figures with the hands placed in a fashion that draws attention to their PHALLUS. Many ancient depictions of humanoid figures accent the sex organs or mammary glands, such as the Venus of Willendorf with huge breasts/vulva (and belly). These may have been used in fertility rituals.

It's a reasonable assumption. I don't know if it's accurate or not.
edit on 27-9-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
maybe something about chakras.hands have them too.

it definitely looks like one of the poses that you need to practice after initiation to reiki.
edit on 27-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

maybe something about chakras.hands have them too.
it definitely looks like one of the poses that you need to practice after initiation to reiki.

Well, theoretically these holdovers from the Lost Age knew a lot of stuff about medicine as well as astronomy / astrology and how to build structures out of ridiculously huge rocks. So, maybe.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

That's very true. There is (or was) a perfectly circular fence around the tree on the high street in front of my flat. It has been mangled, squashed, dented, chipped simply from kids hanging off it, swinging off it, climbing up it and into the gap.
Even in the shopping mall, put a metal sculpture of a large animal like an elephant or dinosaur there and just about every kid will want to climb it.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
first thought was it's the best way to keep your statues arms from breaking off.

but then why wouldn't they put them by their sides, or one hand on the side or something?

is it a gang sign by the people who built them?

It's a Buddhist meditation pose or posture.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

This this is the skunkworks so I didn't even read your thread... now I'm just gonna leave some inane comment like *plop*

Lol sorry about that my dudes this is just how I work the meta...

I'm a #ing weirdo so you don't have to be.

Here to support my dudes. *plop*

*plop* ...

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The Gate of the Sun in Tiwanaku is of unknown age. It depicts the pre-Incan sun god Viracocha. Each of his hands holds a staff often assumed to represent a thunder bolt. But his hands have one thumb and only three fingers grasping his staffs. His little finger is missing even though it should have been visible, given his long fingers.

I wonder why?

It could not have been a mistake by those who carved the gate because the 48 chasquis (angelic messengers) depicted on the bas-relief ALSO show one hand with a thumb and three fingers grasping a single staff (the other hand is not depicted). So why did the unknown culture that built Tiwanaku believe gods and heavenly creatures had only three fingers and a thumb?
The mummified bodies found in Nazca, Peru have three fingers and a thumb......
www.ancient-code.com...
Coincidence? I doubt it.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Don't forget the purse carried by very important looking
people/creatures: (also bracelets)

Gods

I think hands being very evident and important were placed because they were over weapons
or a force field device that only the elite possessed.

edit on 29-9-2018 by ThatDidHappen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDidHappen

wwoa this will end up in a fantastic place or it is just the flu pill i took.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDidHappen

but it isnt bag. it is samsung galaxy app. update sign.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join