It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skripal suspect 'real identity revealed'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: CriticalStinker

But I am surprised they did this so blatantly in one of the most monitored countries in the world.

Indeed , almost like they expected to be found out , the causal discarding of the nerve agent seems to me like they wanted it to be found , I find that worrying.

Thinking on it though, what's weird is last time they did this they did not intend to get caught. Alexander Litvinenko was poisoned by polonium-210, which should have gone undetected except for the fact he lived so long after the poisoning, 22 days.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Ok, but what can, could, should the UK do about this?

Nothing other than be prepared for whats coming which is probably what the recent deployment announcement to Ukraine is about.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Ok, but what can, could, should the UK do about this?

Nothing other than be prepared for whats coming which is probably what the recent deployment announcement to Ukraine is about.

They'll slap sanctions on them too.

The timing of Bolton coming out and saying we won't leave Syria until Iran does complicate the proxy situation as well.

Trump had said once ISIS was defeated we would leave Syria, initial estimates put that towards the end of the year.

“We’re not going to leave as long as Iranian troops are outside Iranian borders, and that includes Iranian proxies and militias,” Bolton said, signaling a fundamental shift from the current counter-terrorism operations to a mission focused more on geopolitical maneuvering and proxy warfare.

Bolton’s comments echo sentiments that are widely shared among the think tank experts and hawkish defense officials in Washington who allude to the real purpose of U.S. forces as balancing against regional threats like Iran.

“I would prefer to keep U.S. troops there indefinitely, because they also serve a purpose in blocking Iran’s freedom of movement and access to lines of communication that would connect western Iraq with Lebanon,” said James Phillips, senior research fellow for Middle Eastern affairs at the Heritage Foundation.
link

When I heard Bolton was appointed I got a sick feeling about the future.
edit on 26-9-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yea, right.

Next you know, we will be told Santa Claus is robbing people instead of leaving gifts.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Yeah this must be it, Russians aren't used to cold or anything.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
the pic's are stunning indentical …..hmm really?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
the pic's are stunning indentical …..hmm really?

The pic's?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
perhaps an better security system and screening of the chemical weapons-lab in Salisbury ?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Or, if you believe RT, it's Commando Colon

#Bellingcat claims it ‘conclusively’ identified #Skripal poisoning suspect as decorated commando colon

Is that RT calling one of their guys an arsehole?

RT
edit on 26/9/2018 by RexKramerPRT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

Still going with the Brits did it because Porton Down?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
perhaps an better security system and screening of the chemical weapons-lab in Salisbury ?

What motive would the Brits have framing Russia for this?

Because if you watch closely for the near future, I'd bet on sanctions and a few petty proxies, not much to gain.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

If "Ruslan Boshirov" is a GRU Colonel who has admitted he was in Salisbury at the time of the attempted murder of Russian informant Sergei Skripal and his daughter then I think Russia has embarrassed itself.

Really? Can't Russians with Christian beliefs travel to other Christian countries to see cathedrals any longer during breaks on business trips? Or are only the British supposed to visit their churches?
You, like the British media servile to the Foreign Office, assume too much:
1. the two Russians may indeed be - or have been - intelligence agents. But perhaps they decided between themselves to kill what they regarded as a traitor to their country. They may have been under no government orders at all! Perhaps they obtained the Novichok from colleagues or from contacts, such as the Russia mafia, who deal in biochemicals and radioactive materials difficult to buy commercially.
2. The two men may have been genuine Russian agents who were spying on the Skripals. Another intelligence agency discovered this and set them up as patsies in a black op. Motive? Sergei Skripal had links with a former MI6 agent called Christopher Steele
uk.businessinsider.com...
who penned the explosive dossier on US President Donald Trump's Russia connections. Perhaps Skripal knew too much dirt on MI6's involvement in these dirty tricks and had to be eliminated as a security risk by throwing the blame on these two Russians whom MI6 knew were spying on Skripal and were conveniently following him around.
There are other possible scenarios. But I have made my point already. The lack of evidence makes your conclusions simplistic.

Instead of jumping to conclusions because you want to believe them, try reserving your judgement because of the lack of evidence proving that Putin ordered the hit. It's the scientific thing to do.....

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Never mind five-eyes Steele connections interfering in an allies elections.
Or Poroshenko selling out the Ukraine for western interests a traitor to his own Ukrainians. ( Monsanto being allowed into Ukraine to spread their poison )

Or Globalist May not honoring her people wish to leave the EU.

Why should Russia hold their traitors accountable?

The US using Egypt for unlawful rendition and torture.

Nato/US bases encircling Russia.

Yep - last I looked Russia weren't going around spreading democracy on spurious excuses for oil, or setting up central banks in Iraq & Libya for the Rothschilds

Russia are the baddies here - nothing else to see - drink the coolaid.

Same old playbook

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

One person died and four others were critically injured. But let's deflect because Russia can never be blamed for doing anything wrong ever.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

Instead of jumping to conclusions because you want to believe them, try reserving your judgement because of the lack of evidence proving that Putin ordered the hit. It's the scientific thing to do.....

My post

If "Ruslan Boshirov" is a GRU Colonel who has admitted he was in Salisbury at the time of the attempted murder of Russian informant Sergei Skripal and his daughter then I think Russia has embarrassed itself.

I haven't jumped to any conclusion but given the evidence I believe "Ruslan Boshirov" isn't who he claimed to be and is a ranking member of the GRU , you are free to hypothesise all you like but the evidence points to the poisoning being a Russian plot.
edit on 26-9-2018 by gortex because: e

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I’ll tell you one thing Russia could do to help them be more believable.

They could own up to the fact that they were complicit in the downing of MH 17 .

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

One person died and four others were critically injured. But let's deflect because Russia can never be blamed for doing anything wrong ever

It seems that's a sad truth Xcalibur.

edit on 27-9-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
What if the real issue with Skripal is something else ? NATO intel claims that he blew the cover of hundreds of Russian GRU spies deployed in europe since the 90s !

What if he just made it up, and blamed more or less random people ? What if actually Skripal was being mind-controlled by EU intelligence and MI6 already since those times ?

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

What if the real issue with Skripal is something else ? NATO intel claims that he blew the cover of hundreds of Russian GRU spies deployed in europe since the 90s !

He was a ranking member of the GRU who blew the whistle on FSB agents operating in Europe , he was later arrested by Russia and pleaded guilty to the charges and was sentenced to 13 years hard labor , he was considered a traitor.

He wasn't mind controlled by NATO , he did it for money and because he was disillusioned by the corruption he saw in the Russian system.

edit on 28-9-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Russia could do to help them be more believable. They could own up to the fact that they were complicit in the downing of MH 17 .

But if they did, why would they own upto it?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join