It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Observers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
About 2 or 3 years ago I was on a bus and had a very weird exchange with a man who got on the bus and sat near me. I didn't make a post about it at the time because it's hard to explain why it was so weird without being there and nothing unexplainable really happened. The first thing I noticed about this guy when he got on the bus was his appearance, he was completely bald and wearing a business suit, the best way I can describe it is that he looked much like an Observer from the show Fringe. I mean obviously it's not so weird to see a bald man in a suit, and I don't want to sound mean, but there was just something off-putting about his appearance and movements, he seemed quite animated and couldn't sit still, it seemed to me as if he had been drinking.

I was sitting on the right side of the bus with a women and her daughter in the seat in front of me. He was to our left on a seat against the wall, so he was facing towards us. He attempts to start a conversation with the women and it's quite clear she is uncomfortable, at this point I'm unsure if he's being a creep or just wants to talk to someone. I was in Canberra at the time, which is the capital of Australia, and generally in city areas people don't start random conversations with strangers on the bus, so his behavior also seemed odd in that regard. After a few minutes he seems to get the hint she doesn't want to talk and although I'm trying to look out the window I can see him in the corner of my eye looking at me and trying to get my attention. In case it's unclear from my avatar I'm also a guy.

Deciding to spare the women in front of me, I turn to look at the guy and we both know what's about to happen. He introduces himself and although I don't remember the majority of what we spoke about I do remember he quickly brought up the topic of how people no longer interact with each other in public which is why he likes to be friendly and talk to strangers on the bus. Since I'm from a rural area where people are more friendly, I could see what he was saying and agreed with him, but it felt like a disingenuous explanation considering he clearly had bad social skills and the way he was dressed, he didn't strike me as a rural guy but he also didn't seem like a local, more like a tourist. At another point in the conversation I remember he asked whether I preferred the city or country and I answered the country because it's more peaceful.

As the conversation progressed I remember it got even weirder, he seemed to be asking strangely personal questions. Then he said something about me which he shouldn't have known, unfortunately I cannot remember what he said now but my response was something fairly direct like "how would know that?". He immediately became quite defensive and visibly agitated, saying it was just an assumption or something like that, I quickly changed the subject and he calmed down again. The bus trip lasted about 20 minutes and we got off at the same stop. I got a really weird vibe during the entire event but it didn't occur to me at the time there may have been something more to it than a conversation with an inebriated guy on a bus.

Looking back I think it was that event which made me look into time-travel topics more seriously and led me to create some of my threads about UFO's and time machines. Obviously there may be nothing to it but I thought it was worth sharing anyway, I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had a similar sort of experience. The actual lore behind the Observers in Fringe is pretty weird stuff just on its own, according to the Fringe wiki "Observers were evolved humans from one possible future of mankind. In an attempt to study their evolution, they utilized their time period's technology which allowed them to travel through time and space. Because of this technology, they existed quite literally "outside" of time. In their own future, the world is damaged beyond repair and unsustainable".
edit on 26/9/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I don’t believe in many conspiracy topics. I’m normally a wet blanket.

But there are exceptions like UFOs and time travel. I wish you would’ve questioned him more to see how much he knew about you.

Because if this event was supernatural I would lean towards time travel .

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Sounds like one of the Men In Black. Have you recently seen anything unusual like a UFO or a Bigfoot (Yowie)? Because sometimes they'll show up after those events even if you don't report them. Nick Redfern has a number of books on the subject.

Apparently, they're mostly harmless even though they give off a weird vibe and can sometimes seem threatening. Not to speak for him, but Redfern suggests that they are not really human, but something else. What exactly that something else is, is another question.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I'll spare the details for now, but I have crossed paths with some odd characters.
Austin is dripping with them.
Hell...I may be one myself.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

The first thing I thought when I read your story was not time travel or UFOs.

To me it almost sounds like he is psychic or something of that nature. Maybe he hears voices.
The other thing is maybe this guy knew you but you didn't know him. Maybe he is a relative nobody told you
about or something like that.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Sounds like one of the Men In Black. Have you recently seen anything unusual like a UFO or a Bigfoot (Yowie)?

Nope never really seen anything weird in my life, although when I was really young, maybe around 8 years old, I had a pretty weird dream about being in a classroom full of other children learning a bunch of stuff, mainly how to hardness the powers of our mind, an extremely vivid dream. I've read several abduction accounts which report a similar classroom setting and I have a slight suspicion I may have been abducted although I prefer to think I haven't been. My mother did have quite a powerful dream where she was taken by aliens onto their craft and then taken back in time to see her father. I'd almost forgotten about that actually. Another common theory is that they abduct people in the same family line, which is also slightly worrying. I mean I'm far from convinced aliens actually exist but if they do there's probably a reasonable chance I've met them.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The other thing is maybe this guy knew you but you didn't know him. Maybe he is a relative nobody told you
about or something like that.

I barely visit Canberra and there's a lot of people living there, there's virtually no chance of that being the case. I cannot remember his accent clearly now but I'm pretty sure the guy wasn't Australian either.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I don't have any stories about a bus ride as good as yours, but for a few months back in 1988 I did share a morning bus commute with some weird dude in a trench coat that would sing "shine on you crazy diamond" to me practically every morning.
edit on 26-9-2018 by Fools because: norfolk virginia

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I would trust whatever your gut says. We tend to ignore it so much these days.
Whatever it was about this guy was totally off to you, but keep in mind if you were in America it would be
most bizarre to see a normal person on a bus! (wish I were kidding). That guy would fit perfectly on any city bus here!
I'd rather walk ten miles in freezing weather than have to take public transportation.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

NIck Redfern is a real favorite of mine.

I read in one of his books, that at least some MiB are afraid
of microwave ovens.

That might indicate that they are not corporeal at all.

If a "MiB" ever comes to my door, i'm inviting him/her in for
Microwave popcorn.. and I will apologize that my Microwave
has a small leak.. but not to worry about it.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Did this guy have an unusual gait? Did he seem double jointed?
Did he look to be of part asian ancestry?

Just trying to determine whether the guy was a member of
the weird gypsy/asian heritage group family cult.. or was indeed a
'MiB'.

But the fact that the guy in question was so animated makes
me question the MiB possibility. All the stories about them pretty much
says they have a flat affect (if they exist at all)
but the weird ancestry group certainly gets very animated
and they exist.. I have talked and interacted with one.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I've come across many people like this, they didn't necessarily look odd or out of place but they have said things oddly personal and specific to the point that making an assumption is out of the question as it would have been a 1 in a million chance of making the guess. A few times I've questioned the person when they have made the statements asking what they mean or why they would say that and the response has always been less than satisfying usually with some BS grin/smirk that said more than their words, it was as if they were getting pleasure from taunting me. It really felt like they were stalkers saying the things they did, but I was the person who approached them so IDK.

I had a guy at an airport who was always facing me holding his phone at his waist while looking at it, and he'd move/turn as I moved - it looked like he was filming me and when I confronted him it didn't go anywhere buy denials and putting the phone away after that.

I wonder if this has anything to do with gangstalking. I haven't seen much on that topic lately.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I know very little about gangstalking.

But what's creepy is when people claim that the 'stalker'
knows very intimate details about them... that maybe
nobody in the entire world knows.. or their closest family
at least.

I don't know how to explain that.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

I suspect that I would be too unnerved to do much of anything, even if I had the presence of mind to recognize them for what they are (or might be).

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I suspect that I would be too unnerved to do much of anything, even if I had the presence of mind to recognize them for what they are (or might be).

Not me... MiB tend to be relatively polite.
Positively British.
What really scares me aren't 'creepy alien-like lifeforms',
what really scares me are regular human beings, who
terminate people who inconvenience them. They are
definitely real. I've met some of those too.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Have non of you ever been to a "magic" show, a "mind reading" act. In the UK we have Paul Mckenna and others. They can tell you things about you that you think only you know. They work the same as "palm readers" and "mediums". They talk to you and through what and how you answer and your body language they will come out with vague answers and slowly get more specific till they hit the jackpot of "how did you know that".
I've seen a few acts that are truly amazing, but they are still acts.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
you said you suspected he has been drinking.how about you? did you drink or get anything that day?

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I haven't.

But it's called "cold reading" and some people are good at using
subtle cues against the credulous.

That's certainly a possibility.

Kev

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Not me... MiB tend to be relatively polite.
Positively British.
What really scares me aren't 'creepy alien-like lifeforms',
what really scares me are regular human beings, who
terminate people who inconvenience them. They are
definitely real. I've met some of those too.

Oh so you seen some of my former employers from the future. They pay well but the trouble they put you through to collect the reward is a real pain.
And "fringe" is almost dead on about the observers. Microwaves disrupt their implant chips causing them mood swings.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Did this guy have an unusual gait? Did he seem double jointed?

Didn't really see him walk much but I think he had a fairly normal gait, but I suspect he was double jointed just due to the way he moved and his appearance. Didn't look Asian from I remember, was a white Caucasian, he really did look a lot like the Observer from Fringe called September.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join