It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Age of Immortality AHEM The Age of Huge Bobble Headed Elitists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
If I had the chance to live forever with my body never aging past 24, I would not do it.

Does anyone else think that eternal life would suck?

Sorry but no.

Eternal youth and life would be amazing.

Plus if I ever did get tired of it I could just incinerate my self with explosives.

The laws of physics guarantee that immortality can never be real. You can stop yourself from ageing but you can't stop your body from flying apart when given enough force.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Even if you could pick the perfect body, or change bodies at will, you are still stuck with one thing: your memories.

I have tons of bad memories . Abuse as a child. Loved ones dieing in my arms , many others.

I wouldn't give them up for anything. My bad memories are just as precious to me as the good ones.

Yes living for 10000s years would bring a ton of bad memories but just think of all the good ones it would bring has well.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: BrianFlanders

But if you look at her nose, it looks exactly like Donald's nose

Lol they do look related in that pic.

If I didn't know who they were and you told me they were siblings I wouldn't question it.

Just goes to show how alike all us humans really look.

I think an alien race would be hard pressed to tell most humans from one another.

Thats because white people all look the same.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Weird. The opposite is true for me. I’ve already began shrinking. I lose about a half inch in height a year.

At this rate by the time I’m 60 I’ll probably be 2 ft tall.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: BrianFlanders

But if you look at her nose, it looks exactly like Donald's nose

Lol they do look related in that pic.

If I didn't know who they were and you told me they were siblings I wouldn't question it.

Just goes to show how alike all us humans really look.

I think an alien race would be hard pressed to tell most humans from one another.

Are you assuming they have the identical perception boundaries that we do?

I think an alien race would be hard pressed to tell red from green, if they happened to be color-blind... ;o)

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
If space aliens didnt have faces something along the lines of how our faces are, the completixty of potential shapes, sizes, the features, coupled with our abilities to 'speak' with them via gestures and emotions and so on, then their brains might lack proper development to be able to 'truly' see our faces. We might look to them like the school kids in Pink Floyd's The Wall, as is with cases of Prosopagnosia (brain damage to the key section of the temporal lobe 'designed' to see faces).
faculty.washington.edu...
Few critters can read our faces even in the slightest. I think it was only recently it was proven dogs can read our faces, to some degree, and thats probably just from being with us for so long.

edit on 23-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join