It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children as young as 12 risk becoming drug mules:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MikeA

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: MikeA

Yes, I know. We should respect Mexico and we do.

But we both know if Exxon or one of their friend in business wanted it then Mexico politics wouldn't matter.

It's not going to end pursuing it as it is now.

I spent 8 years in the Coast Guard chasing drug runners, so believe me when I say you're 100% correct there. For every boat stopped 5 got through. A new approach is needed because this one isn't going to work. Stop using pillows and blankets and start using steel and fire.

I know of the ole haitian vacation.

Do you really believe that after your time spent chasing folks that we can stop human nature to get high?

Since you were a federal officer i am sure you know of the politics involved and how some knew how to get by and when to get through.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Lol. Strange person to homeowner....sir may I ask you a question? Do you snort coke and how much do you spend per week?

Get outta here with stupid surveys.

a reply to: howtonhawky

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Lol. Strange person to homeowner....sir may I ask you a question? Do you snort coke and how much do you spend per week?

Get outta here with stupid surveys.

You made it stupid by converting any such research to knocks on doors asking bout lines and such.

It was a paper put out by law enforcement back around 2010 or so.

It made the rounds here on ats and is buried in the archives and other places.

There are global stats one can view on the subject.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I made nothing stupid. Think about the ludicrousness of people answering such a survey honestly. Expecting honest answers is the stupidity.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
So what else is new?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Coke is popular in high school. My high school had a huge problem with it.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Thats what happens when the state enforcing draconian drug laws. Decriminalis e and end these problems. Its been done in some countries and has worked with a high level of success.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

Make drug dealing a murder charge, since we all know drugs kill, and put them away for life.

You would need an awful lot of jails to house that many people.

I gave my mate a beer earlier, should I face a murder charge?

First thing I don't care how many jails we would need if it puts even a dent in the problem.

That's a very expensive, simplistic, and quite frankly rather naive approach to the issue.

...Second, last time I checked beer was not a drug.

Really?

Pray-tell, when was the last time you checked?

drug/noun - 'a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body'

I would expect a person who claims to have spent '8 years in the Coast Guard chasing drug runners' to actually know what a drug is.

Then again, maybe not.

Have you ever actually checked for yourself? Or do you just listen to your superiors without questioning anything, then rinse/repeat as Gospel fact?

...Now if you pour beer down his/her throat then give them the car keys,...

I think we can all agree that pouring beer down someone's throat against their will and encouraging them to drive should be an arrestable offence, but a murder charge?

What if the driver drives five meters and stops, without hitting anything or anyone - still a murder charge?

...These people cut their drugs with everything from baby Power to rat poison just to make more money.

This is because there is zero regulation or oversight in the manufacturing and production process.

...Kids OD on their poison, or die from long term use

This is because there is zero regulation or oversight in the sale of illicit drugs, IE, as you mention, the market is purely profit-driven, and sales 'clerks' don't require proof of age - they'll sell to anyone.

...and they respond with not my problem.

And the words and actions of those kinds of disgusting individuals reflect on the average recreational drug user, how?

I'm a member of LEAP, the Law Enforcement Action Partnership, formally Law Enforcement Against Prohibition, and the majority of our members are comprised of former and serving police and customs officers, as well as magistrates, judges, as well as average Joes, campaigners, and researchers (of which I am one), and for the most part they all used to think as you do.

LEAP (US)

LEAP (UK)

These days, not only do they deny ignorance, they actively combat it.

You might benefit from reading a book written by an associate, his name is Niel Woods (a former undercover drug squad officer responsible for developing much of the training and tactics in use today), and his book is called 'Good Cop, Bad War';

As an undercover police officer with the drugs squad Neil Woods regularly risked his life on the streets dealing with some of the most violent and unpredictable criminals in Britain. 'Good Cop, Bad War' is a unique story about a man with a striking ability to infiltrate and extinguish drug gangs, but who, as the success of his operations grows, becomes disillusioned with the 'War on Drugs', as he sees how it demonises those who need help while empowering 'the very worst elements in society'.

It's a fantastic and compelling read, and I believe that you would find it somewhat insightful (depending on how open or closed your mind is, but there's always hope).

I don't claim to have all of the answers or all of the solutions, but I do know this - you can't fix every problem with a hammer, no matter how hard you hit it.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This is old news, in London kids that age not only run drugs, they carry Uzi's in their backpacks, the dealers arrive in their limo's at the school gates at 4 o clock, the pimps come out at night, and the cops seem to be busy somewhere else, probably chasing down 'terrorists' that appear to be created by the same state. Meanwhile family values and civi rights are being torn to shreds right in front of us.......and all i read these days is about Trump ec, hell i don't live in the US i thank the gods for that......
But hey peeps, this is the real world, do you know what your kids get up to out there?
Do you care?
If you are a good and responsible parent, you will know what your kids are up to,wether they tell you or not.
Am i right?
-PWM-

edit on 30-9-2018 by playswithmachines because: typos

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join