It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D-printed gun maker Cody Wilson charged with sexually assaulting underage girl

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
The article says a councilor found out, and the councilor went to the police, not the girl. The police interviewed the girl and found out it was Cody Wilson from the profile pictures he was using. They then got camera footage from the meeting at the hotel.

Now I am sure I am going to catch some flack for this later
. If my better half sees my internet history. But I just went to the website where they met and looking around at the FAQ, it says to become a verified member the person has to post a clear picture of their photo ID. And only verified gold members can send messages. However, it did not say if only the male sugar daddies had to verify, or if the female sugar babies also had to verify in the same way.

I guess the moral of the story is. If you are going to pick a fight with the government. Don't put yourself in situations like this. Where in the best case scenario, you accidentally become a sex predator. The worse case scenario is of course, that he knew she was underage and went ahead anyways. Either way, not looking good for this dude. Not looking good at all.

In other words, there is no real evidence that he actually knew she was under aged. I bet a dozen donuts the camera footage just corroborates that he met her at the hotel but that is not proof that he knew she was under aged. Also, it is problematic that an under aged girl is even on the website to start with...

If someone goes to a strip club and gets a lap dance... it comes out later that the stripper lied about their age to the club, is the guy getting a lap dance culpable?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
3D-printed gun maker Cody Wilson charged with sexually assaulting underage girl

It is awefully convenient.

Couldn't shut him down before, now they can.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I think if you are using a website that makes you verify your identity and bank account to use its services, you can reasonably assume that the website is doing the same for those you are talking too, curating its membership in some form. So unless the girl specifically tells you that she is underage, how are you supposed to know.

It is the girl who presented herself as something she is not. It is not like he went all creeper mode in finding this girl. He was using what in essence is a rich mans dating app. A dating app where you have to jump through all types of hoops to use fully. If he had no idea the girl was underage. I think he is not at fault for what happened.

Except for the paying for sex part. Not sure of the legality of that in Texas. The whole sugar baby, sugar daddy thing is, your supposed to pay her bills and rent and stuff, and get sex along the way. That is how it skirts prostitution laws. He just straight up paid her for sex. But being a john is different from being a sexual predator.

Of course if her being underage came out in conversation between the two prior to the sex act. Throw the book at him. But this is Texas. So either way he will probably get the book thrown at him.
edit on 19-9-2018 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2018 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
To be fair, the 3-D printing thing probably isn't helping gun rights people too much. It's just making antigunners more paranoid and irrational and more likely to do more unscrupulous things to get their way.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

So it's a website you need to verify age and she was on it. As of now I'm on his side. I need evidence he knew or reasonably should have known her age.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Isn’t it her body, her choice?

Why are you, stereotyping-white males, on ATS telling a female what she can do with her virgina and wanting the government to enforce your opinion of what she should do with her virgina. get out of her vigina, you nazi fascists

Virginia...lol..now that's a new one..could be the new term..possibly better than front hole ..hmmm..I don't know...

edit on 20-9-2018 by WalterTilley because: Misread the word Virginia thought it was vagina

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It seems to me that with the dating site's ID requirements, Mr. Wilson would have a reasonable expectation that anyone he meets there should be of legal age. As a consumer of sugardaddymeet.com services, it seems to me that the company is more culpable of wrongdoing than he is.

The article indicates that Mr. Wilson should have known by looking at the girl that she was underage. But I think the physical differences between a 16 year old girl and a 17 year old girl are not so distinctive that a man would be able to readily tell the difference.

As far as the prostitution charges, I believe that in order for that to apply they would have to make an agreement beforehand that she was providing sexual services for a fee. If he just gave her the cash without that preexisting agreement, then I don't think that meets the requirements.

I'm inclined to believe that Cody Wilson was set up. However, I think that she would have had to make the first move if that were the case. It would be unlikely that Wilson would have picked out that one individual that was placed on there to set him up.

I hope that his trip to Taiwan, and his apparent avoidance of authorities, is not an intentional effort to escape justice. It will only make him look guilty; and with what we know so far, he probably has a good defense against the charges.

-dex

top topics

<< 1   >>

join