It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How bad are Toyota drivers that they need features like collision detetion and safety sense?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder
I have a collision detection feature too, its called my eyeballs and they are free. I also have a safety sense, its my brain. I like to use it more then normal when Im driving.

I feel the same way about anti-lock brakes.
I think all of these fancy safety features are making people less careful about their driving habits, since they know in a worst-case scenario their car can do the thinking for them. Some cars have cameras in the front to monitor for a potential collision, and the car will bring itself to a complete stop from like 50 mph all on its own if you're about to hit something. If that's not an excuse to text and drive, I don't know what is.

edit on 9/19/2018 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
there primary market is asians :]
jokes aside

always seems the more $$$ a car cost the worse its driven so the more safty it needs

wont it be ironic as # to see sports cars with self driving $800k of pure ... taxi with 900 hp that literaly cant be used a finly tuned suspention for 200 mph ai limited to 60 mph manual drive not avalible

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Texting while driving
Need all the help they can get.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: markovian

The only feature I would get. Is the one that parallel parks for you. I hate parallel parking I'll park a block away to keep from doing it .

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
The gene pool will take a hit. Car companies are now interfering with the natural selection process. I predict dumb people will multiply in even greater numbers .

Some of these 'natural selection' drivers crash into good drivers killing them.

Use your brain please.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
My car has what is called 'city brake system'.........didn't realise the car even had it until it braked hard without me doing it....pretty shocking really, I had two people in the car with me at the time and we all agreed that I was no way going to hit the car in front....I was going around a roundabout and cars were backing up....slow moving.
But on reflection...........I am now careful not to set the thing off by keeping more distance between me and anything in front of my car.
edit on 19-9-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

a reply to: markovian

The only feature I would get. Is the one that parallel parks for you. I hate parallel parking I'll park a block away to keep from doing it .

You don't get to choose............cars come with the braking system now. I can turn mine off but I have to go through all the settings every time I start it up if I want it off. It is easier to just keep more distance between myself and the one in front.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

So the natural selection process of removing dumb drivers for the road is going to cause more of them to crash into good drivers ?

Sorry I don't follow your logic .

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I'm going to use 'you' a lot here but it's not personal to you:

So your behaviour is controlled, against your will, due to the effect of a 'safety system' - a system that benefits the good of mankind.

This is important.

You may only have altered the behaviour or part of your brain which decides how close to drive to the car in front - but this is just the start, this is the inch before the mile. How long before all decisions are made for us? Walking speed, direction of walk, stride pattern, our opinions, our beliefs... ...

These things are often introduced and promoted on the back of 'for the good of mankind' - much like most of our legislation - however it is this acceptance of creeping legislation, creeping safety systems which will lead us down the path of complete control.

And here we are letting it happen... ....

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263
the saying its for your own good has been used to enslave mankind for 100s of years why stop now

just like the manual transmition and locking breaks the all new self driving car is not optional unless custom ordered from factory for 100k extra base model only windows and paint not included and your inshurance just went up 90k a month

... that last part will be how they will force us

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

How do you make it stop?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

a reply to: nightbringr

So the natural selection process of removing dumb drivers for the road is going to cause more of them to crash into good drivers ?

Sorry I don't follow your logic .

Because dumb drivers also crash into and kill good drivers?

You know? Like you and me? Helping them prevent that is bad how? You have a death wish son?
edit on 19-9-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: and14263

How do you make it stop?

On a personal level rebel. Wherever possible rebel. Choose only products you need and products which allow freedom. Be loud about your rebellion - let everyone know.

On the level of society, the populace... nothing we can do. It's too late.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

I always thought all this crap was just an excuse to bump up the prices.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

I always thought all this crap was just an excuse to bump up the prices.

It's progress...........people are employed to come up with new inventions.
My last car had keyless locking...........I never had to unlock the car...I walked up to it and just opened the door. The one I have now has not got that feature and I am having to get my keys out to get in it. Before I could keep the keys in my pocket and not even have to get them out to start the car.

The day will come when you are chipped so you will never have to use keys or a credit/debit card again.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
It will be like this soon.

Lol.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Hmmm...I drive a 2017 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max. Nav system (which I don’t use) in the stereo (to which I had to add an amp and legitimate speakers to get decent sound) and a 38g gas tank are about the only extras (well, and back up camera, which I always forget about until after I’m done backing up). Not even lighted guages in daylight! Not even digital speedometer!

Not sure where OP got the idea Toyota drivers need help to drive...
edit on 19/9/2018 by Lab4Us because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Oh well. Probably never hurts to have redundancy. I've never needed any of the data backups that I've spent time doing but if I ever do, I will be glad I made them.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
What i don't understand is why the display tells you how many miles per gallon the car does..........when fuel is bought by the litre. When are they going to display miles per litre?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
What i don't understand is why the display tells you how many miles per gallon the car does..........when fuel is bought by the litre. When are they going to display miles per litre?

If you did miles per litre you would be mixing imperial with metric.

Therefore you need km/L or more commonly LITRES/100KM.

Most of us can understand MPG as it has been around so long.
edit on 19-9-2018 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2018 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join