It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Startrek will always be better than Starwars.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: BrianFlanders

She was good in Bosch.

Didn't see it.

She was good enough in Voyager that I am sure she is good in anything that has good writing and directing. Her part (for whatever reason was the best written character (other than the doctor) in Voyager. It's a shame that she is only spoken of for her sex appeal. Which, obviously, was considerable but (really) beside the point.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

While she's definitely a good looking lady, I was just joking around when I wrote my initial comment on the thread.

Honestly, if I didn't find the characters or the story lines interesting I'd not have bothered watching it. I'm not a 'Trekkie' pe-se, so I don't really have much to add other than that I enjoyed the show.

I was a stay at home Dad during the period before my daughter started nursery, she used to get all excited when the program started on TV, drop whatever she was doing, and curl up next to me on the sofa, I miss those days,

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Star Wars and Star Trek are two entirely different genres.

Star Wars is a space opera, more akin to the old Sword and Sorcery movies, or Buck Rogers serials, etc.

Star Trek is science fiction.

I never did understand this need to compare the two relentlessly. They BOTH succeed very well at what they were intended to be. If they didn't, it wouldn't be making the stars of it money hand over fist at every Convention they go to, no matter what they've done or not done lately, hehe.....

I get your point, on Trek and social commentary, but that was never the goal of Star Wars. Its goal was simply to entertain. Lucas has said this on countless occasions.

I'm a geeky nerd who loves BOTH franchises.

I never did get the appeal of Seven of Nine though. I've seen Jeri Ryan in person during enough Cons, and she's attractive enough, but I don't know, just never got it....probably because I'm a smiles guy. (she does have a pretty smile in person, you don't see it in her character).
edit on 16-11-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5   >>

join