It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Startrek will always be better than Starwars.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Seriously you think star trek was more scientific and about massive space exploration adventure? That's crazy, I think they both belong up there next to harry potter, and I only consider the harry potter books a bit above the bible, but anyways all those belong in the fantasy, and science fiction section. In fact isn't science fiction just science fantasy.

Humans flying in space in a tin can using warp drive and light speed and what not...Preposterous. Its been debated for a while now if they ever been past the van allen belt, much less all that. And for thousands of years yet if two people can live in a small encovement for any long period of time without going ape # bananas. And there is no proof of that either...So. Ya, science fantasy. Up there with unicorns and fairies, in fact unicorns may be more real.

But! Now! Space bugs! And shooting massive lazer like goo from there bug buts to invade other planets, seems much more likely to happen.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Maybe the new Trek series will be that Picard gets kidnapped by the borg again and he assimilates them and becomes the new borg queen.

"I am Persecutus of Picard. Your life....as it has been....is over. From this day forth, you will adapt to service ME. I will add all of your drones and your pointless ships to my collection. Resistance is not futile. It amuses me."
edit on 21-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Shatner in the startrek movies upgraded from hair piece to a hair system. The difference is the latter requires a 27/4 logistics support crew.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
Shatner in the startrek movies upgraded from hair piece to a hair system. The difference is the latter requires a 27/4 logistics support crew.

Maybe that was the mistake his wife made. Maybe she kept making fun of his hair.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I love both.

But if I HAD to pick one? I'd go with Star Wars.

Laser swords, space ghosts, cooler aliens that are actually different besides a weird forehead, better mythology, bigger universe and a much more detailed and rich story.

All THAT said Warhammer 40k crushes them both. Give me 2 full legions of Adeptus Astartes, a million soldiers of the Imperium (with all the tank and armour included) and a full invasion force from the Mechanicum (jncluding Warhounds, Knights and Titans)and I could grind both Star Trek and Star Wars into Dustin a matter of weeks.

Especially the Star Trek universe. That one would be childs play. Seriously the deadliest enemy in Srar Trek are the Borg. In the WH40K universe they be about a 3 on the threat level index.

The 2 legions would be: the Ultramarines lead by Rouboute Guiliman and the Ravens Guard led by Corax Corvus.

I'd have both universes pacified and praying to the God Emperor of Mankind in a solar year.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity
a reply to: AthlonSavage

I was always more of a Star Wars fan until Star Treck Voyager came out, from that point on it was all about Seven of Nine.

I mean, come on, who could forget Season 7, Episode 18?

I've always loved Voyager. My favorite Star Trek show AINEC.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Malcador

Im sure you watched her for her acting talent.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

Maybe that was the mistake his wife made. Maybe she kept making fun of his hair.

Its life Jim but not as we know it.
Now we know why the doc keeps saying that

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Hey I wont deny that Jeri Ryan in a onesie added to the shows appeal! But I actually really did like the show overall. It had its warts for sure but I dug it.

I think it was mostly because there were no Klingons/Romulans/Vulcans etc other than the crew.

It had all new races and species including the species that whipped the crap out of the Borg lol.

As someone who found the other Trek series stale because of the repeating antagonists the new races were a breath of fresh air.

That's just me though. I'm definitely in the minority.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Take the first 6 Star Wars movie
2 DVD players
Start 1 and 4
Then 2 and 5
Then 3 and 6

Same movies , different days

YES!!!!
i was going to post the same thing. the films are the same story different title.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

I saw Patrick Stewart at 2 ST conventions in the 90s both in Phoenix and in San Diego.

Both times he related the story of how someone asked him "But surely they have corrected baldness..." his reply was "In this century they wouldn't care."

I'd like to see footage of him testing with a hairpiece. I doubt it exists.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I had some issues with Voyager though I did like it.

I wanted them to keep the Maquis storyline for longer and have a real mutiny attempted later in S1. They had such a good thing there that they could have kept us on the edge of our seats with Chakotay being loyal or a mutineer. There was such great potential in that storyline for at least 2 seasons and could have put Janeway and her crew in some great moral dilemmas like "Do we space these mutineer bastards or hold in our brig for who knows how long?"

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I'm partial to Black Templar Space Marines myself.

When your universes tagline is "In the far future there is only war..." then all others are weak in comparison.

Oh yeah remember to paint your vehicles red coz theyz go fasta!

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I was never a real fan of Voyager but I can understand the appeal of her character.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Both times he related the story of how someone asked him "But surely they have corrected baldness..." his reply was "In this century they wouldn't care."

Correct reply. If they had a cure for it. In fact you can grow any kind hair you like the appeal of having hair would become more like yeh do I want to fuss with that stuff each day. The guys a starship captain and hes gonna say no Oll leave that to problem to smithers.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Definitely a missed opportunity.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

I'm partial to Black Templar Space Marines myself.

When your universes tagline is "In the far future there is only war..." then all others are weak in comparison.

Oh yeah remember to paint your vehicles red coz theyz go fasta!

Love the Black Templars. One of my faves too.

The first 40k book I read was the Night Lords Omnibus. Instantly hooked. I only read the books as I dont have the time to do the tabletop thing, or the interest.

I also love the Alpha Legion, Raven Guard, Carcharadon, Grey Knights and Iron Warriors Legions.

I cant get enough of the Warhammer 40k universe.

Also, the Orks are great. Red for faster and yellow for bigger explosions.

Great stuff.

posted on Sep, 25 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Same here, original 40k table top player up until I think 4th edition. Now no time for table top except for Star Wars Imperial Assault with my boys. I know it's a pale comparison.

I do read some of the books but steer clear of the Horus Heresy mostly because too many books. Love Grey Knights also!

Gav Thorpe and Gaunt's Ghosts was amazing, like Sharpe in space with lasers!

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Well, you have a point but she actually was amazing enough at acting to where she'd have been just fine without the excessive focus on sex appeal. But Star Trek has never had any lack of talented actors working on those shows. When Star Trek was bad, it was usually down to budget constraints or bad writing/directing. (Almost) Every single actor I can think of who worked for any length of time on any of the Star Trek shows more than proved themselves to be rock solid actors.

posted on Sep, 27 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

She was good in Bosch.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join