It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sources say former Trump aide Manafort close to plea deal with Mueller

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Only a few days ahead of the D.C. trial, it seems Manafort may be cutting a deal with Mueller. He seemed like the last person to fold and has not done so during the last trial where only his personal finances were in question.

The D.C. trial is said to go more in depth into conspiracy charges and the prosecutors will present new evidence that was not brought during the first trial.

It remains unclear if the deal will include Manafort cooperating with Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election and possible collusion with the Trump campaign.

A move by Manafort to cooperate could be a blow to Trump, while an outright guilty plea with no cooperation would resolve a cloud over the president ahead of congressional elections in less than two months.

“It’s close but not there yet,” one of the sources said about negotiations over a deal.

This could make the investigation into possible collusion much easier and shorter, as Manafort was one of the people who attended the Trump Tower meeting with the Russians, as well the chairman of the Trump campaign, with a lot of info he was privy to.

A second trial could delve deeper into Manafort’s Russian connections including to Konstantin Kilimnik, a Ukrainian-Russian political consultant who was indicted along with Manafort and who Mueller’s team has linked to Russian intelligence.

Prosecutors have said Manafort and Kilimnik conspired to tamper with witnesses, which prompted U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson to revoke his bail and order him jailed pending trial.

Reuters

Interesting turn of events.

What could Manafort have that could make Mueller consider a plea deal? Manafort has already been found guilty on 8 charges from the previous trial, there is no reason to think the second one will go any better. Why cut a plea deal now?

edit on 13-9-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Could be more "leaks" with some false information.

💡

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'd bet, if true, it has exactly the same to do with Trump as the first trial....ZIP.

All these people holding onto the Russia thing are just shooting themselves in the foot....it isnt there, at least not on the Trump side.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Problem for me is we have had so many sources say x that turned out to be bunk I have a hard time giving any credibility to a press report.

No matter which way the reporting goes, I guess I'm suffering from boy who cried wolf syndrome.

Time #999 of we got him now based off sources say and I just tossed my hands up and walked away.

If a crime was committed prosecute or impeach, republican or Democrat I don't care.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Midterms.

Right around the corner, its all the important chess moves now.

Also, we have to consider leftist feed, two options are, cooperation for plea deal, no plea deal and run this "carrot on a stick" to keep the masses engage.

In the spirit of the article and OP, I opt for the opinion of nothing.

If he deals a guilty plea, I've no doubt he'll be pardoned by Trump and that's real freedom compared to anything mueller may try to do.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Ah, I see more "sources" … NEXT

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

But collusion is not an actual crime.

Or Hillary would be in jail.

Have anything else interesting?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Or Hillary would be in jail.

Have anything else interesting?

It's not a crime to be "extremely careless".

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I admire your efforts Kharron, whether this story is true or not (probably not), but ATS has a very particular slant these days and you're going against it. This thread won't go very far at all, it will be full of slights and insults aimed at you and "leftists" in general. Not much else other than that before it fizzles into obscurity.

Now if it were Obama or Hillary as the subject then it would probably skyrocket to the top of the front page and there would be congratulations and back-patting going round about this time, regardless of whether the sources were anonymous or not.

Just remember, anonymous sources are only valid if they are circle-jerking Trump. *cough* Q *cough*

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I admire your efforts Kharron, whether this story is true or not (probably not), but ATS has a very particular slant these days and you're going against it. This thread won't go very far at all, it will be full of slights and insults aimed at you and "leftists" in general. Not much else other than that before it fizzles into obscurity.

Now if it were Obama or Hillary as the subject then it would probably skyrocket to the top of the front page and there would be congratulations and back-patting going round about this time, regardless of whether the sources were anonymous or not.

Just remember, anonymous sources are only valid if they are circle-jerking Trump. *cough* Q *cough*

Nope...just get tired of every few weeks some new flip has happened and it's going to REALLY bring Trump down this time....blah blah blah.

Absolutely nothing has touched him in 2 years of listening to the same crap stories from the same crap reporters and the same crap outlets.

Maybe, just maybe if the OP could put together something other than regurgitating another poor attempt at Russia Collusion it would get some serious replies.

We can all read news....that is all this is....the OP copy pasted another news article obviously trying to continue the Russia thing.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

So.... how many threads have there been about Hillary and/or Obama again?

It's been 6 years since Benghazi and 4 since Hillary's emails first broke, yet here we are still discussing it and those threads making it to the front page on a regular basis.

Nothing has touched either of them in OVER 2 years so maybe you need to rethink your argument here.

ETA: Like I thought, your comment is applauded (stars) even though your argument could easily be used against half the threads that make it to the front page these days (Hillary and Obama).

If Trump not being touched in 2 years means he's not guilty of anything then Hillary and Obama not being touched means they aren't guilty either.

You guys and you're double standards. Lol
edit on 9/13/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

It's been 6 years since Benghazi and 4 since Hillary's emails first broke, yet here we are still discussing it and those threads making it to the front page on a regular basis.

Nothing has touched either of them in OVER 2 years so maybe you need to rethink your argument here.

No idea....I rarely participate in them unless there is some digging and real info and connections I can find.

I have written quite a few on multiple topics that both are part of, but they aren't typically just copy pasting a news story and saying "this is DEFINITELY the one".

I also never had to deal with that being the only thing on the news for 2 years....

The horse is long dead and those beating it have to have bloody blisters at this point. What's the definition so many give to insanity?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

And to reply to your edit, the fact that multiple government officials involved for years with Obama and Hillary have been fired or quit at this point should give you pause in wondering why they haven't been found guilty of anything.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Or it could just be that the vast majority of people just see the whole "Trump Collusion" thing for what it is. BS.

As for the rest of your post, maybe you should start to realize that the majority of the world isn't American liberals.

Now, I know you THINK that they are because you watch the news.

But in America liberals, although they scream really loud and get attention, are not the majority in America.

As of October 2017, Gallup polling found that 31% of Americans identified as Democrat, 24% identified as Republican, and 42% as Independent.

In 2008, 29 states were solid Dem, 6 leaned Dem.

As of 2016, 13 states were solid Dem, 1 leans Dem.

Your ideology is fading into history in America. Which means that Obama, in a roundabout way, actually ended up doing something positive for America.

So you see less leftists on here because there now ARE less leftists.

It isn't an ATS slant. It is an American slant.

edit on 13-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

How many people has Trump fired so far? I'm sure I heard something about him firing someone while they were helping with the investigation? Then again I haven't been keeping up with it nor do I care to watch scripted soap operas.

Trump has had one of the most dysfunctional administrations in memory. I wonder why that is? Probably because Trump is a genius, right? "Trust the plan".

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Just substitute "conspiracy" or "treason" for the word "collusion", and it might help you to make more sense of what is happening.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Just substitute "conspiracy" or "treason" for the word "collusion", and it might help you to make more sense of what is happening.

So in your world, I should substitute "murder" or "rape" for "taking a nap".

No wonder your party is collapsing.

It's gone insane.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I appreciate it. And it really does not matter. As long as I have energy and most importantly, time, I'll post from credible sources and dissect the bad ones etc...

I understand this is not the website we had, but we can at least try, right? Either that or admit it's too late and watch the remainder of what intellect is remaining leave for other sites, as has been the case for years now.

It used to be Deny Ignorance and Dissect Disinformation; now it's Embrace Ignorance and Spread Disinformation, but it can still go back. It's not too late.

Take care.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Now, I know you THINK that they are because you watch the news.

I stopped reading right here because this shows just how far off the mark you are with me. I don't watch the news, I don't have cable, I don't visit news sites, I barely even keep up with the narrative they're spinning so it sounds to me like you're totally wrong about me in pretty much every way.

You don't know me at all yet here you are saying you "know" I watch the news. LOL! How embarrassing for you to be so far off target.

But then again it seems you have been conditioned to say just that to anyone who doesn't fit into your ideological bubble. You have been programmed to assume anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with you automatically watches the news and believes everything they say.

I'm sorry that you can only see black and white. There's a whole lot of gray area you're missing out on.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
why would Meuller offer a plea bargain on such a high profile case?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join