It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International court says it’s ‘undeterred’ by US threats

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: odzeandennz
what , one country gets a free pass at destruction and chaos?

What free pass? There's thousands of dead American men and women, that wasn't free.

thousands dead, on foreign soil.
these wars aren't being fought in America are they?

these men and women, all would be happily alive had they been on USA soil and not bombing countries that can't ever seem to fight back....
why aren't we using arms against China with the S China sea and Russia with Crimea and the selling nuke to NK and Iran? we always drop bombs on 3rd world countries for some reason. ..

I think its about time an international body takes an objective look into why, and why theres never any repercussions in any wrong doing by the perpetual American war machine
edit on 11-9-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

I have never understood why anyone created the concept of war crimes. Everything about war is a freaking crime, but sometimes it's the only way to settle things. Seems to me that war should be trying to annihilate your enemy as quick as possible by any means you can conceive of. Break the enemies will as fast as you can while minimizing deaths and injuries on your side. War fought any other way seems foolish to me, and the concept of war crimes is complete and utter BS.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

We haven't fought a war on our own soil against a foreign enemy since 1815.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Key point from your source...

the ICC has yet to decide whether there will be an investigation or its scope.

They won't.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

so my point is withstanding.... we'd have 0 casualties besides the world wars. everything after is a war manufactured by the US.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

so my point is withstanding.... we'd have 0 casualties besides the world wars. everything after is a war manufactured by the US.

Isolationism worked until it didn't.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with 'being above the law'.
Globalists should not have any right to apply their laws (selectively) to nation states.

edit on 11/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

9/11

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
9/11

That wasn't a war, that was a terrorist action.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Do you know where those cases come from? They are UK and US citizens that were against the war. Their goal was to stop the use of the military in Afghanistan, most of the cases involve the use of force in Afghanistan. Every military action taken brought new charges the same thing has happened in Iraq. Many of the war crimes were for environmental crimes. So these charges are for things like destruction of property, illegal seizure of property and the exploitation of natural resources. Currently, every conflict gets reports to the ICC by someone as it was seen as a way to prevent conflicts. Unfortunately, the west many countries have withdrawn from the ICC also China and Russia do not abide by any decision they make. This court has no authority except by member states. Surprise no one is willing to support any decisions this court makes.
edit on 9/11/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Please do not see this as a personal attack of Americans in general, I understand the blood loss and sacrifice made by any soldiers defending freedoms, but we surely have all seen the threads where the MIC is called out for what it is.

Its not the first time and wont be the last while we as humans choose conflict to resolve problems, how can you expect someone who's own life is under threat to remain in control at all times, war is awful and should not be seen any other way. How there can be a defined set of rules for essentially killing and removing the opposition I will never understand.

List of wars involving the United Kingdom

British war crimes

List of wars involving the United States

United States war crimes

Only the dead have seen the end of the war - Plato

War is organised murder, and nothing else - Surviving soldier of WW!

The essence of war is insanity, destruction, death, women widowed, children orphaned, lands plundered, property destroyed - Gary Poulsen

War does not determine who is right.......only who is left - Betrand Russell

War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good. We will not learn to live together in peace by killing each other's children - Jimmy Carter

The tragedy of war is it uses mans best, to do mans worst - Henry Fosdick

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
Please do not see this as a personal attack of Americans in general, I understand the blood loss and sacrifice made by any soldiers defending freedoms, but we surely have all seen the threads where the MIC is called out for what it is.

Its not the first time and wont be the last while we as humans choose conflict to resolve problems, how can you expect someone who's own life is under threat to remain in control at all times, war is awful and should not be seen any other way. How there can be a defined set of rules for essentially killing and removing the opposition I will never understand.

List of wars involving the United Kingdom

British war crimes

List of wars involving the United States

United States war crimes

Only the dead have seen the end of the war - Plato

War is organised murder, and nothing else - Surviving soldier of WW!

The essence of war is insanity, destruction, death, women widowed, children orphaned, lands plundered, property destroyed - Gary Poulsen

War does not determine who is right.......only who is left - Betrand Russell

War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good. We will not learn to live together in peace by killing each other's children - Jimmy Carter

The tragedy of war is it uses mans best, to do mans worst - Henry Fosdick

I'm too drunk to taste that chicken.
-Colenel Sanders

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
1.7 mill?

That's one heck of a golf clicker.

How does one even count that?

Sounds like bs

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Isolationism worked until it didn't.

so to not be an isolationist, since world war II, one has to be in an arms conflict in every presidency?

for the international court to not be inquisitive, they simply need to ask the world, when was the Last presidency under which the USA was at peace or wasn't actively engaged in a war in another country?

if Russia were us, and we had an honest answer to the question, above, then the international court would have a good case in their current inquiry.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

It's about time the US became isolationists.

How many countries are first world nations directly because of the US?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

I have never understood why anyone created the concept of war crimes.

On a modern day political level... "war crimes", tends to just simply be a phrase used against a country or regime that's run out of friends, in the international community.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

so to not be an isolationist, since world war II, one has to be in an arms conflict in every presidency?

We've been in armed conflicts prior to that in every Presidency.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Thanks for commenting folks -- sorry, busy today, can't reply much.

To touch on a topic that is common in the replies -- us being a sovereign nation and having our own rules.

Very true, but those "our" rules only apply inside our country. The majority of the nations have gotten together and set a standard for humane behavior, even during times of war, and we have agreed with that and joined it.

Serbia is a sovereign nation, but that didn't stop Milosevic from living out the rest of his life at The Hague, even though his sovereign country and his people believe he did nothing wrong.

People are usually biased when it's their own -- that's why an international court exists.

It is an interesting time for this to happen, though. As the strongest animal in the world, we don't see teeth from others very often. After decades of free-passes on what others would have been tried for, is this a sign of something else?

Is our influence and strength waning internationally?

edit on 11-9-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Yes, it is a very large number, astounding really.

Let's say that 99% of them are found non-applicable, for whatever reason.

If 1% of it were war crimes, or crimes against humanity in some way, that is still 17,000 cases. If it's one thousandth, it's still 1,700 war crimes.

The scope of this is so enormous, there is no way to diminish it -- we can only choose to ignore it.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

I have never understood why anyone created the concept of war crimes. Everything about war is a freaking crime, but sometimes it's the only way to settle things. Seems to me that war should be trying to annihilate your enemy as quick as possible by any means you can conceive of. Break the enemies will as fast as you can while minimizing deaths and injuries on your side. War fought any other way seems foolish to me, and the concept of war crimes is complete and utter BS.

...Found the sicko,...

Sexual Violence as a Weapon of War

...Sicko.

[beer/emoji/404/]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join