It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International court says it’s ‘undeterred’ by US threats

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Omg, who cares. We are not even a current member of the ICC.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
A lot of people need to be criminally prosecuted for the crimes on 9/11, and after.

Terror + Terror will never = Peace. Just more Terror, as we see.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Anyone who goes against us in any way gets sanctioned?
Are we in charge of the whole world, or do we just think so?

Did the US think that the Hague was real and did good things until it possibly looked at us and now they are a kangaroo court that will be sanctioned?
I don't understand how all this works..

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Anyone who goes against us in any way gets sanctioned?
Are we in charge of the whole world, or do we just think so?

Did the US think that the Hague was real and did good things until it possibly looked at us and now they are a kangaroo court that will be sanctioned?
I don't understand how all this works..

USA withdrew from the ICC in 2002. Can the ICC prosecute the US for crimes in 2003? No. Did you see Saddam Hussein go to trial at the ICC? No. Why not? Iraq is not a member. What non-member of the ICC has ever been prosecuted by the ICC? None. The treaty was not ratified, is superseded by the US constitution, and is not self-executing or enforceable.

(post by MerkabaTribeEntity removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
1,699,999 War crimes are ok!
But 1,700,000 is going to far.
are You Still proud to be a yank?
keep telling your self's that CCCP is the evil one.
Like you blame CCCP for Hillery for not getting in!

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I have one word for people who seem themselves over the law:

A&&holes, all of them.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
It seems the ICC is singling out the US for supposed war crimes in Afghanistan . If they don't investigate England and Canada among other NATO countries. They are clearly showing their bias .

Well put not to mention the Danes themselves....

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Would that mean we could stop paying those high bills for the UN, NATO ect.?

My solution is to drop out of NATO and let the Germans run it.

We'll see how long the Hague takes to get on the batphone.

Oh lord the Germans shouldn’t even be in control of their own forces!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip
a reply to: generik

It is fake news, as that amount of allegations isn’t against “us and our allies”, but also the enemy, as evidenced by the article.

allegations of war crimes committed by Afghan national security forces, Taliban and Haqqani network militants as well as U.S. forces and intelligence officials in Afghanistan since May 2003.

yes it certainly was not clear if those numbers were for the US alone, or all those involved. which i'm sure was intentional to bolster this fake news.

i love the smell of fake news and propaganda in the morning. it smells like desperation

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Waning US influence is a good thing - for everyone (including the US people)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

I have never understood why anyone created the concept of war crimes. Everything about war is a freaking crime, but sometimes it's the only way to settle things. Seems to me that war should be trying to annihilate your enemy as quick as possible by any means you can conceive of. Break the enemies will as fast as you can while minimizing deaths and injuries on your side. War fought any other way seems foolish to me, and the concept of war crimes is complete and utter BS.

So soldiers raping and slaughtering civilians, filling mass graves with tortured children, looting and burning villages and stealing precious national treasures is all OK as.long as the deaths and injuries on your side are kept to a minimum, after all it is war right?
The Hague's war crimes court and the Geneva convention didn't come into being just for the lulz, they were established because prior to their existence wars where little more than brutal bloodbaths, so with no avenue to prevent the countless atrocities the international community decided that there needed to be boundaries and consequences in place to put a check on the worst of human behaviour.
If a soldier has used their position to brutalize another human being, they need to be held to account, regardless of origin.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Osirisvset

originally posted by: MRinder

I have never understood why anyone created the concept of war crimes. Everything about war is a freaking crime, but sometimes it's the only way to settle things. Seems to me that war should be trying to annihilate your enemy as quick as possible by any means you can conceive of. Break the enemies will as fast as you can while minimizing deaths and injuries on your side. War fought any other way seems foolish to me, and the concept of war crimes is complete and utter BS.

So soldiers raping and slaughtering civilians, filling mass graves with tortured children, looting and burning villages and stealing precious national treasures is all OK as.long as the deaths and injuries on your side are kept to a minimum, after all it is war right?
The Hague's war crimes court and the Geneva convention didn't come into being just for the lulz, they were established because prior to their existence wars where little more than brutal bloodbaths, so with no avenue to prevent the countless atrocities the international community decided that there needed to be boundaries and consequences in place to put a check on the worst of human behaviour.
If a soldier has used their position to brutalize another human being, they need to be held to account, regardless of origin.

Yet in the end all it is a gentlemen’s agreement and worth nothing, nothing has changed in real war and nothing ever will... it’d also do you good to remember that we are not in a war with regular forces so the rules don’t even apply there are no laws of war that apply to terrorists, we could napalm and white phosphorus half of ‘Stan and not breach legality.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Well, the plus is there wouldn't be any more constipated people in France or the Low Countries if we put the Germans in charge.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

Well, the plus is there wouldn't be any more constipated people in France or the Low Countries if we put the Germans in charge.

True, screw der frogs!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This court has arisen to expose and bring to justice criminals who the system wont prosecute because of their elite status.
Last week some girl was in the head line died on a billionares yacht.
The coroner says it was suicide.
This is a great example. Clearly it wasn't suicide and clearly the elites are being protected by forces high up in the system.
Then the national secrurity argument is used. if we were to pursue these people it would disclose things that hurt national security. Hello its already being hurt by the protected ones. Hiliaries leaked emails how much damage did that do to national security. Was she prosecuted ? No and never will.
Yet the same system pursues that wikileaks assange guy and yes if they catch him they will throw him in jail for life.
People all around the world see and smell the hyprocrizy, the blind eye of the system has to protecting the elite.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join