It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An unhealthy read?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Is it strange that i have an, what some would say an unhealthy addiction to reading autobiographies and biographies of ranking nazi officers. From Hitler himself down to labour camp guards. I must have a collection of 50 plus. I've even watched the triumph of the will more than 10 times as i find it...to a degee one of the best political speeches made...not the content but the way it was put across. I find the entire regime fascinating and also read books from each member at the Nuremberg trials. A trial that to this day i find... odd.

Is this unhealthy? I cant help but want to learn more abd more about these people

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghostsinthefog
Is it strange that i have an, what some would say an unhealthy addiction to reading autobiographies and biographies of ranking nazi officers. From Hitler himself down to labour camp guards. I must have a collection of 50 plus. I've even watched the triumph of the will more than 10 times as i find it...to a degee one of the best political speeches made...not the content but the way it was put across. I find the entire regime fascinating and also read books from each member at the Nuremberg trials. A trial that to this day i find... odd.

Is this unhealthy? I cant help but want to learn more abd more about these people

Not at all unhealthy. You should be commended for it. There is always something to learn from all humanity no matter how horrible their times were or what their involvement in the horror was.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I guess that depends on what you are wearing while you read these...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

Snap, thought you were posting a Wendy's menu. Carry on.
ctually, mt father in law has a copy of Mein Kempf. I haven't had the guts to read it yet.
edit on 11-9-2018 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

You definitely should , there is no substitute for direct eyes on reality , most the pundits nowadays still don't realise they're being played by tricks that are very old hat .

@ OP it sounds like you're developing some expertise in your chosen subject . Could you please expand what your take is on the Nuremberg trials

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
ctually, mt father in law has a copy of Mein Kempf. I haven't had the guts to read it yet.

It's in terrible need of an edit as it plods on and on saying basically the same thing for 700 pages.

edit on 11-9-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Someone should turn it into a graphic novel.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
Someone should turn it into a graphic novel.

You'd need only one cell, it'd be Hitler screaming, 'The Jooooooooos!!!!!!'.

Or maybe two, the second could be him destroying the Nazi regime by shooting himself in the head.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

I think it is completely healthy, if not for the sake of enjoyment, than at least for the sake of knowing how the enemy thinks.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yeah, unless your doing this to learn how to control a country worth of people, I don't think it is unhealthy. Don't college professors make good money knowing every angle of their subject?

I actually admire having that kind of focus on a subject.
edit on 11-9-2018 by chiefsmom because: clarify

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Zipmat; I think id be lynched if i wrote about that lol

Thanks all. Now i feel better as people genuinely thought it was weird i have books on books of nazi biographies and autobiographies
edit on 11-9-2018 by Ghostsinthefog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You should read it. Its fascinating. Also read hitlers table talks.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

You should read it. Its fascinating. Also read hitlers table talks.

I was looking to get my hands on Hitler’s TableTalks. Was he really candid about his Nazism? Or wa it more like Hitler talking about the day to day, such as gossip and women problems?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Its a book, or my like his personal journal with the time period.

Some are his personal thoughts, some are his thoughts during meeting etc. Its really interesting.

Example

Number 325

1943, dinner guest; Himmler

- goes on to speak about his meeting, thoughts, ideals of the meeting etc-

Now i think there is 352 entries. Some are a few lines. Some after big confrences goes on for pages.

I really enjoyed. I read it directly after Mein Kamph

new topics

top topics

join