It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any members with eczema? Please chime in.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hello folks,

I am seeking out advice or information from any members here who have eczema.

Over a month ago, I began developing white bumps on my forearms, upper arms, shoulderblade and alao my tailbone as of now. These bumps looked exactly like goospumps but with more of a white tone and they were itchy AF.

Ive never had any type of skin condition before so needless to say I began scratching and sure enough the bumps spread and turned red plus started to bleed with enough scratching. I began to load up on anti itch cream and left them alone. They went away after a couple weeks of neglect.

Well fast foreward to now - they are back in even more places including my face mainly eyebrows and in my outer ear canal strangely enough.

I finally caved in and made a dermatologist appointment for later in the week. Mainly because I have also got a subcutaneous abscess on my thigh which has been there for over a year now. Gross I know, forgive me.

Anyways I know googling medical issues is bad and I need to just get diagnosed by a dermatologist already, but I wanted to hear from any members here with similar conditions? Does it sound like I have developed eczema or atopic dermatisis to you?

If so, how do you all cope with the constant damned itchiness? It is literally driving me insane and I am about to to duct tape oven mitts to my hands to prevent scratching overnight.

edit on 10-9-2018 by Lightdhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Lightdhype

You might have mites.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Get the new lotion soap style dish soaps, yet still wear gloves wen doing the dishes. Only wash hands with Dove baby liquid soap. Get 'sensitive skin' style laundry soap. Only corticosteroids have any effect on it, internally they evicerate it, but then it comes back when you stop, which becomes mandatory, so go for the betamethasone ointment too from the get. Get UV light (medical grade [311nm UVB] for eczema) and use over effected ares about 15 minutes every other day. Get lots of sun. Lots.
edit on 10-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Thank you for the helpful advice. I will look into getting a UV light and the proper medicinal ointment you mentioned.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Tundra

Hey! Fair enough. Ive never had any type of skin condition before so this grosses me out as well, however if it is mites then they are some immortal little bastards as I shower daily and have been exfoliating all over each time recently.

Also I share a bed with someone and we keep the house relatively clean, no troubles for her so I do not believe it to be mites.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I finally caved in and made a dermatologist appointment for later in the week. Mainly because I have also got a subcutaneous abscess on my thigh which has been there for over a year now. Gross I know, forgive me.

Very good! There are lots of prescription medication available for this condition. But they're expensive if you don't have proper insurance coverage.

However, the subcutaneous abscess on your thigh signals a liver problem. Check your diet. Stop drinking and smoking, of you do. Eat lots of rich green vegetables. Keep hydrated. Moisturize with natural butters, I like mango butter, derived from the nut inside of the mango seed. www.annmariegianni.com...

edit on 10-9-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Quit eating bread, and wheat products for a month and see if it goes away. That's what it was with my best friend

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Also.... Get the abscess looked at. If your liver isn't functioning properly, go on Amazon and get some Tudca tablets. It will seriously help your liver to get functioning properly within 2-3 weeks

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

However, the subcutaneous abscess on your thigh signals a liver problem. Check your diet. Stop drinking and smoking, of you do. Eat lots of rich green vegetables. Keep hydrated.

On that note look into “Candida overgrowth” as well... it’s amazing how much having “gut issues” can affect everything from your eye sight to skin conditions...

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

However, the subcutaneous abscess on your thigh signals a liver problem. Check your diet. Stop drinking and smoking, of you do. Eat lots of rich green vegetables. Keep hydrated.

On that note look into “Candida overgrowth” as well... it’s amazing how much having “gut issues” can affect everything from your eye sight to skin conditions...

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Son of a b*tch.. I have been drinking excessively subjectively for the past couple years. Thank you drug laws. Meh not what I wanted to hear but thank you for the information nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Just the first thing that came to mind with what you described. Possibly a daily dose of vitiman e can help. Hope you can pinpoint the problem. Stuff like that is a pain in the a word.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

For the itchy: coconut oil! I use organic coconut oil. I'm not talking the liquid kind you might find for cooking, but the kind that is just pure coconut oil in a tub or glass jar usually; take a chunk of it and rub it into the itchy places. It will melt as you run it in. It's a bit greasy if you don't get it conoletely rubbed in, but I prefer a little slippery skin to the unbearable itching.

And by the way, I had tried damn near everything for itchy skin patches. All kinds of lotion, cortisone cream prescribed by the doctor, vinegar, you name it- NONE of it have any relief. I happened upon the coconut oil because I saw a jar in the pet store, and it was recommended for itchy spots on a dog. One of my dogs gets dry itchy skin every once in a while so I got it for him. It didn't work for him because, well he's a dog, and he just licked that coconut oil off immediately. He loves it for a snack. But I thought hey, why don't I try it? Instant relief.
edit on 10-9-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I have a skin condition called hidradenitis suppurativa. Constant infections, been chronic for the last 18 years. It's not the same as your describing but I've looked into numerous skin conditions, especially ones that don't have any cures and eczema falls into that category.

The one thing they all seem to have in common is that they are caused by or exacerbated by diet. The people that seem to have success in putting their conditions into remission or reducing them to a bearable point have pinpointed something in their diet that their body no longer agrees with or just refuses to process any longer and eliminating that from their diet. For some it's dairy, others it's grains, and so on. The 2 biggest seem to be dairy and wheat. Like previously stated, try eliminating one of them for a month or 6 weeks and see what happens.

It can be a long, tedious process and can be difficult to rearrange your life and diet but if it keeps the itchy bumps at bay, it'll be well worth it. In the meantime, the dermatologist's meds will help with the symptoms and make the process easier. I wish you good luck and hopefully it turns out to be something easy to deal with.

Also, for the abscess, I suggest either Dial Gold bar soap or Safeguard antibacterial soap. A second vote for Sensitive Skin laundry detergent as well as the regular, blue Dawn for dishes and other things. Key being to keep harsh stuff from interacting with your skin.

Best wishes

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lightdhype
Hey! Fair enough. Ive never had any type of skin condition before so this grosses me out as well, however if it is mites then they are some immortal little bastards as I shower daily and have been exfoliating all over each time recently.

ack... stop that exfoliating stuff. depending on what you have you could be making it worse. you probably don't want to take a shower that's too hot, either.

aside from that it could be a lot of things. your doctor will know best, not internet doctors diagnosing you sight unseen.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lightdhype
a reply to: visitedbythem

Son of a b*tch.. I have been drinking excessively subjectively for the past couple years. Thank you drug laws. Meh not what I wanted to hear but thank you for the information nonetheless.

That’s pretty much how I came to the “Candida conclusion”... I’d started developing “Asian flush” after the first drink and didn’t understand (and no doctor could seemingly figure it out) what could be causing it...

I started a “Candida detox” and after about five days started bloating so bad I thought I was going to explode... after that stated taking milk thistle along with a probiotic and spirulina tablets along with the “detox tonic” of 2oz of apple cider vinegar with a teaspoon of cinnamon and turmeric... now the only time I have issues is when I drink (but at least I know what my problem is without loading up on prescriptions)...

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I get bumps on my temples and some on my face if I eat tomatoes. I can eat a little tomato stuff once a week with little bad effects, but if I eat too much spaghetti or eat it two days in a row, I am screwed. So many things are made with tomatoes that taste good...it sucks. Orange juice will do a similar thing if I drink it too often.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

You have received plenty of fine advice so far.

Start wth KG's suggestion, and get some organic coconut oil, for relief. Not 100% relief, but still worth it.

Reduce acidic foods and coffee/colas.

Have you changed laundry soap recently? This was the cause for a friend.

Afterwards: you may need to do a slew of dietary tests on yourself, and keep a logbook.
Food alergies can develop out-of the blue in adults.
Wheat; eggs; seafood; and other alergies are possible.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Hi, i have considerable experience dealing with eczema, avoid the steroid creams as they have permanent side effects. We tried loads of things but simplest remedy is a chinese herbal eczema cream you get off ebay, comes in gold and red packaging. It will get rid of the skin eczema then just reapply if it flares up. For an internal remedy try 'wet cupping' but go to an experienced practitioner. I could talk about eczema treatments till the sun comes up so if you have any questions just give me a shout.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join