It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Hunt For The Skinwalker' documentary (Jeremy K. L. Corbell, 2018) - Your Verdicts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I've never read the book but I haven't learnt anything more than I already saw on ATS for the past years. To be honest I got really bored after an hour. The only new thing for me was Knapp mentioning another undisclosed program that maybe we will soon find out about. Good job with the new owner's voice tho. It came out really creapy.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
I've never read the book but I haven't learnt anything more than I already saw on ATS for the past years. To be honest I got really bored after an hour. The only new thing for me was Knapp mentioning another undisclosed program that maybe we will soon find out about. Good job with the new owner's voice tho. It came out really creapy.

If you are an initiate of the Skinwalker drama, enjoy.

If not, pass.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Before you would spend a night at the SkinWalker, consider an overnight lockdown at the BirdCage in Tombstone.
Probably not near as scary, but at least they won't kill you. Good practice.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT
Yeah, Colavito is on point: "anecdotes by people who scared themselves running around in the dark".

I love how they simply construct a more complex hypothesis to explain the lack of evidence. That is like classic conspiracy nutjob modus operandi.

Some people are just desperate to believe.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Arouet

Have you watched it Arouet and if so what are your views on it?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arouet

Mmmm. But that does not tell me what you thought of it?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Boring.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Boring.

Oh Ok. Im still undecided about watching it. Maybe later when the dust settles. I am sure it will produce a lot of conversation though!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Boring.

Oh Ok. Im still undecided about watching it. Maybe later when the dust settles. I am sure it will produce a lot of conversation though!

Frankly, I think everyone is better off reading the book. Why do I think this? Because 99% of the comments about the film are that it has no fresh information that isn't in the book.

Granted, the book might cost more, I've not done the research, but I made copious notes in my copy, which you can't do with the film.

Also, a used copy would very likely be cheaper than buying the film.

If I could rent the thing I'd probably drop that couple of bucks, but someone is being greedy with the truth. I despise greed.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Did I read somewhere that Hunt for the Skinwalker is just "Part 1" and that there is a followup coming? If so then perhaps "Part 2" will divulge more new information.

Maybe I heard this, or maybe I'm certifiably nuts. Either is possible......

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I read elsewhere that Jeremy did say there would be a part two. fI He and George do an AMA here, we can confirm that...and hopefully confirm other things as well

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

interesting article, but the paranormal theme park thing is BS, they can't use a scientifical research label in land registry, so they put it as "entertainment"

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

Boring.

Frankly, I think everyone is better off reading the book. Why do I think this? Because 99% of the comments about the film are that it has no fresh information that isn't in the book.

Granted, the book might cost more, I've not done the research, but I made copious notes in my copy, which you can't do with the film.

Also, a used copy would very likely be cheaper than buying the film.

If I could rent the thing I'd probably drop that couple of bucks, but someone is being greedy with the truth. I despise greed.

Thanks for your thoughts. I have not read the book. But again am sure a lot of conversation will come from this documentary and of course more stuff to follow.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

I felt the same after about an hour in. I enjoyed the film's bold visual style but it never went anywhere narratively so I found myself starting to mess about with my phone instead. I'm going to watch it again and take some notes for a more in depth review, but first impressions were a bit meh. One has to wonder what Jeremy had on his blackboard, because there didn't seem to be much in the way of investigative work going on here. I also had the feeling George Knapp was faking/acting his reactions to Jeremy's questions for dramatic effect as well.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

I’ve never read the book; in fact never heard of Skinwalker Ranch til I found this site.

I thought it was awesome, hoping for more to come.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Watched the Doc last night. I signed up for a free trial of Amazon Prime and purchased it.

I looked to see what other movies they had, and don't really get the point of paying for Prime video, then paying again to rent movies. But I digress.

The thing that annoyed me was all the quick edits and jumping around, and THE BIG WORDS ACROSS THE SCREEN that were the same as what was being said. Not real smooth overall, the general effect was kind of amateurish.

Regarding the content, I liked George's tapes with Colm Kelleher talking about things that happened, some of the eyewitnesses, and seeing the places where events supposedly happens while being talked about, it was nice for perspective. I did wonder about the bulls in the trailer though. Aren't bulls normally transported to shows etc in a small trailer without freaking out?

But yeah, it would have been great for more photos/recording of the phenomena, and more time spent on the few that were in there, like the 'twin towers'. They were shown for a split second without any clarification on the circumstances of the recording, no attempted analysis etc.

I'm assuming George still has an NDA where he can't talk about things, but yet this doc was apparently cleared by Bigelow/whoever is in charge. When it comes to the ranch, UFO's and all, even on here, so many people claim they know things but 'can't tell'. This is both frustrating and confusing.

BTW where do I find the extras? Didn't see an option for them

edit on 9/16/2018 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I read the book about 2 months ago. I was very excited to see the documentary because of the insinuation of there being new unseen footage and evidence. However. The documentary fell flat on it's face. Not offering up a single bit of evidence or new information. As a matter of fact the book was much more informative and more entertaining. Really the only thing you see is footage of them poking at a dead calf and going over the findings of what did it. If you have read the book. Skip the documentary. It's just not worth the time

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Sounds almost boring .

(

So nothing substantive nor actual proof of paranormal events?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
Would you stay there a night alone? Who would have the guts?

I've read the book several times. I'd spend the night in a heartbeat.

People are too afraid of this phenomenon. We may not control what happens there, but in the best interests of science we should be facing that fear.

I, personally, think the research should be released to the public at large. People need to know that this area in Utah may hold the key to our reality.

I'm right there with you. But it seems that the ranch has been turned into a money maker. I've researched what is needed to get access to the ranch, and I don't have enough money or exposure. So do I risk getting caught trespassing and having my equipment seized?

Would anyone here believe me if I brought back footage? I'd like to think so, but this place has become overrun with the same types of people who have ruined other sites.

Maybe I will just go, and if I do catch anything of significance, I will PM you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join