It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Hunt For The Skinwalker' documentary (Jeremy K. L. Corbell, 2018) - Your Verdicts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It has just appeared for viewing - at least in the UK - and I'm just about to dive in...

Let's hear ATS views on this long-awaited film.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

That's it, this is your whole thread? No links ,trailers nothing?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

www.youtube.com...

There ya go!!!! Looks entertaining.. I'll give it a watch.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: pimppapa1977

Thanks, yes it does look interesting. I will check it out tomorrow. I would rather not watch the movie on my cellphone.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Looking forward to your review, CB.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well, they make a good trailer...

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I saw something about maybe some of the 3 amigoes participating in this.

AboveTopSecret.com
July 19 ·
We are excited about Jeremy Corbell's new movie, "Hunt For The Skinwalker" our own Springer is was at the ranch with Jeremy and crew and has a cameo in the film.

Here's the details and the Official Trailer:

Launching on iTunes and all platforms on 9/11/18 / Pre-Order here vimeo.com...
See More

www.facebook.com...

Gotta pay for it, though.

That's what that industry does, draws you in with mystery and leaves your wallet empty.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Right... Okay, here's the OP Part II... (with hindsight, kicking off a thread without immediate comment was a classic noob boob - apologies, I'll still getting into the ATS swing!)

My verdict, then...

For anybody with the luxury of not having read the 2005 book by Colm Kelleher and Goerge Knapp, and with NO expectations or preconceived notions whatsoever, then Corbell's film will have them hooked almost immediately. It's as accomplished a documentary of the ranch as could be hoped for, if using the book as a focal point. 9/10, no question. Bravo to all concerned.

For anybody who is a die-hard veteran of the topic ever since Bigelow purchased the ranch in 1996, or who has been grinding their teeth, sweating in anticipation of unseen footage and some form of 'smoking gun', their hearts will have flumped by the halfway mark (about an hour in), the realisation kicking in that this is basically a history lesson rather than drawing back the curtain to reveal an alleged Trickster's fresh bag of tricks. No footage since 2004/2005 is unveiled, and no meat is added to the bones of NIDS' original video footage which, aside from dead cattle, comprises what is already available for free in the trailer. For expectant veterans, then, 5/10 or much lower dependent on a frustration levels, even if they can easily respect the film-making PROCESS.

Personally, yeah, on the one hand I'll go with 5/10 for foolishly over-hyping myself (I'm still learning, remember?) and a big fat 9/10 as 'Art' - ie another worthy addition to Corbell's impressive, somewhat unique library of HS work, even if there are no goldfish tanks in this one (which I once assumed was a visual metaphor for "Woah, this guy's wayyy out there!"')

All the major events experienced by the Shermans and NIDS are touched upon, mainly via a documentary within a documentary as we are treated to the undisclosed one that Knapp worked on over 15 years ago - a few scenes of which have been seen online during Knapp's various ufologist 'dinner' presentations since 2005. Corbell splits Knapp's film into various segments that permeate the main feature, Corbell's own sections mainly focusing on new, rather elongated witness testimonies that soon chipped away at my patience, but that's likely a symptom of my excess expectations. But boy, do some go onnnnn and onnnnn as clock-watching began to creep in.

I giggled loudly at a couple of points. First, George describing a photo of a bull still looking "surly" after being released from a trailer it had magically been squeezed into with others. Do bulls look anything other than surly? Secondly, the way in which the ranch's new owner is introduced - deep electronic voice included - almost casts him as a villainous refugee from an Austin Powers movie. He knows his HS stuff, though, I'll give him that, and he confirms that scientific surveillance is ongoing, even if we're seeing diddly-squat in terms of results.

The most hair-pulling moment was the inclusion of the two buildings materialising on CCTV - George confirms NIDS thought them reminiscent of 9/11... and... and... annnnnnnnnnd.... and NOTHING. No follow-up analysis. Zip. Nada. We're left dangling after a few seconds of already-available footage that we've previously muttered about on ATS, Perhaps Corbell and Knapp's AMA here will shed some light.

As for Springer, the lad done well. 10/10. He said his campfire piece with confidence and passion. And a decent plug for the site!

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Appreciate the thoughtful review. It pretty much answered all the questions I had (except one) and should also get you off the hook from the mini-mod'ing for going early and light lol. Nice recover.

Here's the exception: If I recall correctly, Jeremy mentioned here at ATS that some of the DIA (Defense Intelligence Agency) involvement would be addressed. Anything of note in that regard?

edit on 10-9-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Ah the scientist that is Robbie Williams is there, thanks for updated review I will not be donating/paying for access to the truth anytime soon

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Ah the scientist that is Robbie Williams is there, thanks for updated review I will not be donating/paying for access to the truth anytime soon

Yes once I saw that muppet was involved I thought sod that.
Btw what was the two buildings materialising on CCTV about ?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Would you stay there a night alone? Who would have the guts?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Appreciate the thoughtful review. It pretty much answered all the questions I had (except one) and should also get you off the hook from the mini-mod'ing for going early and light lol. Nice recover.

The 'going light' penny dropped later, and I actually rushed the review in an attempt to beat the Editing time-limit, but in the end I was the one beaten.

Here's the exception: If I recall correctly, Jeremy mentioned here at ATS that some of the DIA (Defense Intelligence Agency) involvement would be addressed. Anything of note in that regard?

Yeah, didn't have time to address that, but the film is book-ended by the December 2017 AATIP revelations, including the DIA's interest in the ranch. Greater detail is scant - ie nothing new - and we're basically left with the three 'declassified' videos as examples of 'new evidence' since 2004/5 when, of course, the expectation was for new material regarding the ranch investigations.

Classic snake-oil.

I also cackled near the start when Curious George attempts an Academy Award for shiftiness when directly asked about the DIA's involvement by Corbell - he clams up, sports a glum 'Oooooo, more than my life's worth to talk about it'-style expression before sliding out of shot, stage left. Less an Oscar, more a Golden Raspberry.

As a batch of ghost stories piled atop each other, it's an excellent watch for newbies bereft of hype - a perfect representation of a best-seller. But nothing more.

Robbie Williams' contributions toward the end are minimal, as if he'd just popped by for a casual chat. By then, though, I was clock-watching myself into a coma.

In answer to 808Funk, we're told NOTHING about the two buildings materialising on CCTV - the only piece of intriguing visual evidence presented, but it's swatted away without the slightest attempt at a deeper analysis or further comment, which easily leads to accusations of an outright fake. Or a complete lack of self-awareness of what viewers would think and expect.

edit on 11-9-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: clean-up

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Sounds almost boring .

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

Sounds almost boring .

Depends on a viewer's motivation for watching, Baa - that needs to be stressed.

For the uninitiated, it will be a fun, evidence-free (beyond mere stories) ride for 2 hrs 10 mins.

For EVERYBODY, the first half-hour is pretty kick-ass as a subtle build-up... until, as I said, it becomes clear this is not a platform for game-changing new evidence, at which point minds may start wandering for veterans of the topic.

Overall, though, for many ATSers...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Thanks for the reviews/dissection guys. It was as I feared, mostly nothing but a recap of the book....which I've read several times.

I was hoping for photos/videos etc of the phenomena, SOMETHING we hadn't seen before. Stuff like not going deeper into the phantom buildings just irks me.

It's time for the veil of secrecy to be lifted, where's the real evidence, and have any conclusions been made?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Thanks for saving me some change.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Ah the scientist that is Robbie Williams is there, thanks for updated review I will not be donating/paying for access to the truth anytime soon.

Amen to that. I'm sick of people profiting from withholding what should be in the public domain - the truth.

Musk blasted Tesla because Tesla wanted the world to have free energy instead of people and businesses profiting from electricity.

Corbell is riding the same gravy train.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
Would you stay there a night alone? Who would have the guts?

I've read the book several times. I'd spend the night in a heartbeat.

People are too afraid of this phenomenon. We may not control what happens there, but in the best interests of science we should be facing that fear.

I, personally, think the research should be released to the public at large. People need to know that this area in Utah may hold the key to our reality.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

Classic snake-oil.

I also cackled near the start when Curious George attempts an Academy Award for shiftiness when directly asked about the DIA's involvement by Corbell - he clams up, sports a glum 'Oooooo, more than my life's worth to talk about it'-style expression before sliding out of shot, stage left. Less an Oscar, more a Golden Raspberry.

Heh.

In answer to 808Funk, we're told NOTHING about the two buildings materialising on CCTV - the only piece of intriguing visual evidence presented, but it's swatted away without the slightest attempt at a deeper analysis or further comment, which easily leads to accusations of an outright fake. Or a complete lack of self-awareness of what viewers would think and expect.

With Jeremy's widely-acknowedged facility for polished & savvy productions I would proffer that we can mark off "a complete lack of self-awareness of what viewers would think and expect." How disappointing to hear. Not surprised though.

With Corbell's obviously sincere interest in phenomenology, I'm sure that being invited into the Team Bigelow/Aviary/Alphabet Soup oeuvre is one helluva ride...if lacking in any legitimate illumination.

Sounds like the To The Stars and Skinwalker operations are starting to come out of the closet and claiming each other as "family" however. As predicted.

edit on 11-9-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join