It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Curiosity Rover Inadvertently Photograph Strange Anomalies At Vera Rubin Ridge?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I was on NASA's website, reading a story that was posted last Thursday, Sept. 6. The story was about Curiosity getting a rock sample on August 9, in an area that contained hematite. Hematite is a mineral that forms in water and Vera Rubin Ridge had groundwater flowing through it in the past. This story also included a 360 degree panorama that was taken by the Curiosity rover after obtaining the sample and surveying its surroundings. The 360 degree picture can be zoomed in any direction and shows a very interesting landscape.

The panorama includes umber skies, darkened by a fading global dust storm. It also includes a rare view by the Mast Camera of the rover itself, revealing a thin layer of dust on Curiosity's deck. In the foreground is the rover's most recent drill target, named "Stoer" after a town in Scotland near where important discoveries about early life on Earth were made in lakebed sediments.

www.nasa.gov...

As I was checking out the picture, I thought I noticed 2 anomalies in the distance that I zoomed in on. I took a couple of screenshots and enlarged and enhanced them with a photo app on my computer. Take a look at the enlarged pictures below. One anomaly looks like a monolith or tower in the distance. The other anomaly looks like a rectangular structure of some sort, on top of a hill. There appears to be some sort of protrusion at one end. NASA probably would've airbrushed them out if they were of any importance lol. More than likely nothing; perhaps a trick of the eye, or photo artifacts of some kind. I thought it was interesting to share it.

LINK TO 360 DEGREE PANORAMA PICTURE OF VERA RUBIN RIDGE:

ENLARGED PICTURES:

MONOLITH?

STRUCTURE?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Now that second one is very unusual....

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The first one looks like where the photo stitching is off. You can see how it doesn't line up at the bottom of the pic.

The second? Looks like a rusted pipe, the longer I look at it. Yup- you enlarge it, and it has gradient shading, like a cylinder or pipe.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The monolith is clearly just where the pictures were stitched together, but I will say that the protrusion is a nice catch. Looks to be a rocky outcrop or a plateau like mesa. Neat never the less.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Not really, just looks like a table top bluff to me, we have em all over parts of Texas

edit on 9-9-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Penis statue, on a square block.

And a military bunker?

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Where is that Bluff in the picture, what area would I find it in?

a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
First One....meh.

Second one.....Now I'm interested.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Where is that Bluff in the picture, what area would I find it in?

Im not sure what you mean

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I am sure he means cordinates

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

Not really, just looks like a table top bluff to me, we have em all over parts of Texas

Yes, a table top bluff comprised of soil 10 times darker than the soil it emerged from.

It’s almost like the builders of that “structure” were high on Melange and missed that specific detail...

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

Yes, a table top bluff comprised of soil 10 times darker than the soil it emerged from.

It’s almost like the builders of that “structure” were high on Melange and missed that specific detail...

So whats more likely, its an alien structure, or its a bluff rising out of the ground?

Not to mention if it is a bluff, youre going to have shadowing along the side of it depending on time of day etc etc. And there are plenty of natural structures all over our own planet that are darker than the ground they are coming out of.
edit on 9-9-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You say it's in Texas ? I would like to Google Map look for it.

edit on 9-9-2018 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
You say it's in Texas ? I would like to Google Map look for it.

No thats just an example of them, im not specifically sure where that on is, but yes they are all over texas

Just google "mesas in Texas"

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
1) Picture stitching for the panorama
2) Flat mesa - exactly as the " doctor ordered"
The one pictured is in Venezuela and called a tepuis

Table Top Mesas

edit on 9/10/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Hematite is a mineral that forms in water and Vera Rubin Ridge had groundwater flowing through it in the past.

Mars is incapable of supporting liquid water. It has an atmospheric pressure of 0.6% of Earth and its mass is about 10 percent the mass of the Earth. Any water, exists as ice and if present would immediately sublimate to a vapor on heating, the vapor existing in a very minute quantity.

Water didn't exist in the past either because the mass of Mars will only support a heavy gas, i.e., Carbon Dioxide at a very small atmospheric pressure.

If Mars had flowing water in the past it would have needed to have a higher mass and denser atmosphere. Reasonably, NASA should rethink their analysis instead of assuming processes on Earth work the same as on other planets.

Hematite can form during the interaction of hot magma with adjacent rocks. Considering the scattering of rocks all over the martian surface it must have had explosive volcanic activity or a collision with a planetesimal in the past.

Perhaps that is how the asteroid belt formed from a collision between Mars and a planetesimal. Fragments from the collision falling back on Mars surface and being thrown into a higher orbit around the Sun.
edit on 10-9-2018 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

That flat top could a mesa.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Still tho.. Similar geographic anomalies compared to what we have here on Earth are always interesting imo.

Seems to point to earth like conditions as far as erosion and the like goes in somewhat recent times.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lightdhype

Still tho.. Similar geographic anomalies compared to what we have here on Earth are always interesting imo.

Seems to point to earth like conditions as far as erosion and the like goes in somewhat recent times.

Absolutely I thik its pretty neat to see so many similarities.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: eManym

Sorry, but you're wrong...

Liquid water runs down canyons and crater walls over the summer months on Mars, according to researchers who say the discovery raises the chances of being home to some form of life.

“There is liquid water today on the surface of Mars,” Michael Meyer, the lead scientist on Nasa’s Mars exploration programme, told the Guardian. “Because of this, we suspect that it is at least possible to have a habitable environment today.”

Some of the earliest missions to Mars revealed a planet with a watery past. Pictures beamed back to Earth in the 1970s showed a surface crossed by dried-up rivers and plains once submerged beneath vast ancient lakes. Earlier this year, Nasa unveiled evidence of an ocean that might have covered half of the planet’s northern hemisphere in the distant past.

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 9/10/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join