It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Curiosity Rover Inadvertently Photograph Strange Anomalies At Vera Rubin Ridge?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The paper referenced talks of hydrated salts: www.nature.com...

This would mean the "liquid water" is a brine (with high salt concentration >20%). The salts keep it from freezing.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I call BS on the Guardian article. All those scientist see are $$$$$$$$$$ and spouting assumption to garner additional funding for the Mars Manned Mission project.

Mars's atmosphere and average temperature are borderline for the triple point of water. It can exist as a brine very temporarily but the way the scientists in the article put it, there is flowing water, lakes and moist soil on Mars, which is totally false. If water is there it mainly exists as minute quantities of vapor that quickly becomes ice. I don't think there is enough processable water there to support a living environment.
edit on 10-9-2018 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Nasas mandate is to ensure whatever evidence of life is found is hidden from public view. It would be totally correct to say they want to present to us a life empty universe.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: eManym

Hey, you can believe whatever you want, but I don't think all research scientists lie just to obtain funding. You also stated in an earlier post that water never existed on MARS in the past. What are your credentials to state this, as if it was a fact? This is just an unsubstantiated opinion, nothing more.

Water didn't exist in the past either because the mass of Mars will only support a heavy gas, i.e., Carbon Dioxide at a very small atmospheric pressure.

OH, REALLY??

He (Morten Bo Madsen, associate professor and head of the Mars Group at the Niels Bohr Institute at the University of Copenhagen) explains that about 4.5 billion years ago, Mars had 6½ times as much water as it does now and a thicker atmosphere. But most of this water has disappeared out into space and the reason is that Mars no longer has global magnetic fields, which we have on Earth.

phys.org...

Water appears across Mars today in various forms, left over from a time billions of years ago when the planet was warmer and wetter. Orbiting probes have spotted ice, including buried glaciers, in many locations.

www.nature.com...

edit on 9/10/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
ok

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Regarding the first image, I immediately noticed that it does not have a shadow. It would have a long shadow if it was an upright feature.

Looks like the splicing two images together; if you look closely at the features below the 'faux monolith' you will also see minor mismatching of images. I see claims frequently of strange features that are due to splicing of images.

I have done many photo mosaics during my career including the Moon, and it is a difficult task because you will not be able to get all the features to match up perfectly. You are working with two dimensional flat images of a spherical surface. A common cartographic issue with photo mosaics.

edit on 10-9-2018 by lunarcartographer because: add

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Hematite is a mineral that forms in water and Vera Rubin Ridge had groundwater flowing through it in the past.

Mars is incapable of supporting liquid water. It has an atmospheric pressure of 0.6% of Earth and its mass is about 10 percent the mass of the Earth. Any water, exists as ice and if present would immediately sublimate to a vapor on heating, the vapor existing in a very minute quantity.

Water didn't exist in the past either because the mass of Mars will only support a heavy gas, i.e., Carbon Dioxide at a very small atmospheric pressure.

If Mars had flowing water in the past it would have needed to have a higher mass and denser atmosphere. Reasonably, NASA should rethink their analysis instead of assuming processes on Earth work the same as on other planets.

Hematite can form during the interaction of hot magma with adjacent rocks. Considering the scattering of rocks all over the martian surface it must have had explosive volcanic activity or a collision with a planetesimal in the past.

Perhaps that is how the asteroid belt formed from a collision between Mars and a planetesimal. Fragments from the collision falling back on Mars surface and being thrown into a higher orbit around the Sun.

Dude mars used to be covered in water it’s entire surface is due to water erosion which is why much of mars resemble the scablands

It’s atmosphere is gone, it’s magnetosphere shut down long ago of course it can no longer retain water

edit on 10-9-2018 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
both are stitiching glitches in the image

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Not convinced.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Not convinced.

Um... well, most signs point to there having been water in the past, and even water existing there now:

Liquid water 'lake' revealed on Mars

I guess you can believe what you want, but they are not generating a ton of $$$ just due to the fact water previously existed, and may still exist on Mars. Sure, helps the whole exploration angle of Mars, but more importantly, if they have a manned mission to Mars, they are not going to risk the lives of those going by lying about existence of water.

It's a key component of any future manned trips - sort of important. And signs point to yes, there having been, still having, water.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

originally posted by: Lightdhype
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Still tho.. Similar geographic anomalies compared to what we have here on Earth are always interesting imo.

Seems to point to earth like conditions as far as erosion and the like goes in somewhat recent times.

Absolutely I thik its pretty neat to see so many similarities.

Yeah you Should see the Similarities of Cydonia Mars and IRAN

Mars

Iran

(post by zeus555 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
1) Picture stitching for the panorama
2) Flat mesa - exactly as the " doctor ordered"
The one pictured is in Venezuela and called a tepuis

Table Top Mesas

It's far too small for a flat mesa. According to what's visible in the vicinity, the scale is wrong for that interpretation to be credible. It looks like it is only about 20 metres long and the mound only about 5-10 metres high. The Curiosity Rover is about at the same height.
Quite apart from the lack of other mountains or hills in the area.
No. This is not a mountain. Just a small mound with a mysterious flat slab of stone or metal on top of it.
This is a genuine anomaly.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   
i find the tower thingy way more interesting.

This table top...though an interesting feature is way more likely it is natural.

edit: I dont see any stitching artifacts. Please point the way...
edit on 8-11-2019 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm still trying to find another angle on this one, which is somewhere in the area, although I don't recall exactly where. Probably just a chunk of layering that fell off and landed upright, but still...

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join