It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Solar Observatory, USPS office in Sunspot, NM evacuated for 'safety reasons'

page: 124
<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: wylekat

If you really want the warm fuzzies....

*stares open mouthed*

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbdowned

Can you copy and paste the article here? I've reached my daily limit visiting that site lol.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 898929

Can you copy and paste the article here? I've reached my daily limit visiting that site lol.

https www.alamogordonews.com/story/news/local/2018/09/13/hiker-found-dead-white-sands-national-monument-hiking-trail/1299510002/

edit on 17-9-2018 by Dumbdowned because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

If you really want the warm fuzzies....

*stares open mouthed*

Meh not much compared to Damascus, AR one dropped socket a couple dead missile maintenance workers and a thermonuclear warhead shot a quarter mile out of the silo, sketchy stuff entire book on teh incident that’s really good Command and Control.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Yeah, but that was in a missile field away from everyone.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

This is true but there was a fair amount of crew and locals out there and a warhead going for an unplanned trip out in the soy field doesn’t give me the warm and fuzzies sir.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

It was unguarded as far as we saw. There could have been people out of sight in the buildings doing things. One of the domes has treeline right up around the building.

Someone has a complete definition of 'guarded' than I do. I got the word pounded into my head when I was in the navy. I clubbed a SEAL when the damn fool snuck onto the base and decided to go do his 'thing'- and no one warned me, of course. I saw him sneaking around, got my boots off, came up behind him, and actually got the drop on him. Broke the cheap billy club we were issued, dragged his sorry butt back to the office, hollering about the fact I just slugged some creep. He looked suspicious, and I treated him *as* suspicious (and boy, did I hear about it later... "You took down a SEAL!!" "I..wha?!")- and there was none of this sitting off in a dark corner somewhere simply watching him do his thing. I am also glad I didn't go face to face with him. If I was armed with more than a stick, I'd have shot him. I'd have been eating that damn stick otherwise.

But this doesn't sound guarded. It simply doesn't. I am still thinking the place was mostly secured, and left somewhat open for either random people to vlog about, or they (the observatory) had some local color on hand to do the job for them.

I'm still suspecting a viral marketing strategy. "Come to Sunspot- place of telescopes and Mystery! Gift shop open 10 AM to 4 PM" All they did was piggyback it on an actual FBI visit.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

This is true but there was a fair amount of crew and locals out there and a warhead going for an unplanned trip out in the soy field doesn’t give me the warm and fuzzies sir.

Well, you'd get (really) warm, and kinda fuzzy as your atoms destabilized in a fraction of a second.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 898929

It is against TOS to paste an entire article in the forum.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat

It was unguarded as far as we saw. There could have been people out of sight in the buildings doing things. One of the domes has treeline right up around the building.

Someone has a complete definition of 'guarded' than I do. I got the word pounded into my head when I was in the navy. I clubbed a SEAL when the damn fool snuck onto the base and decided to go do his 'thing'- and no one warned me, of course. I saw him sneaking around, got my boots off, came up behind him, and actually got the drop on him. Broke the cheap billy club we were issued, dragged his sorry butt back to the office, hollering about the fact I just slugged some creep. He looked suspicious, and I treated him *as* suspicious (and boy, did I hear about it later... "You took down a SEAL!!" "I..wha?!")- and there was none of this sitting off in a dark corner somewhere simply watching him do his thing. I am also glad I didn't go face to face with him. If I was armed with more than a stick, I'd have shot him. I'd have been eating that damn stick otherwise.

But this doesn't sound guarded. It simply doesn't. I am still thinking the place was mostly secured, and left somewhat open for either random people to vlog about, or they (the observatory) had some local color on hand to do the job for them.

I'm still suspecting a viral marketing strategy. "Come to Sunspot- place of telescopes and Mystery! Gift shop open 10 AM to 4 PM" All they did was piggyback it on an actual FBI visit.

You mean when I referred as a seal clubber I was right?!?!? You’re a bad mofo! Lol

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Less guarded than there were more people there than we saw. It was pretty crappily guarded that we saw, but there were almost certainly people and guards that we didn't see in the buildings. Especially with what I've heard was going on. It's not the kind of thing they're only going to have a rent a cop and that's all guarding it.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

That man was found Wednesday 9/12, long after the observatory shutdown was underway.

They have not determined a cause of death, but they say that tourists are often unprepared for the harsh temperatures and conditions.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 898929

If you clear out your cookies I think you can start over with reading articles.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You mean when I referred as a seal clubber I was right?!?!? You’re a bad mofo! Lol
Bad? Nope. I was scared out of my wits.
However, it was either stop the nut sneaking around putting boxes in intakes, or deal with a bill of untold millions in blown up plane bits, myself blown to bits, or worse yet, surviving and being tossed in an itty bitty box for the next 500,000 years. I chose option 1, hoped I could go back and change my undies, and snuck up on him like the coward I was.

Oddly... this was the same base that 'lost' my test results... Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Thank you kind sir

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I'm just speculating why he die at night.
Hope they do follow up story for the cause of his death.
You bored your mood, see I was right

Hope you have a nice start of the week.
Someone here always talk stubborn and unopen minded.
This is a speculation conspiracy site, not some I'm right you're wrong site

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

The news said they found him at night, because his car was still in the lot. They did not say when he died. He could have died during the day and it took a while to find him.

Monument officials said in a statement Thursday the man was found Wednesday unresponsive about a half-mile from the Alkali Flat trailhead.

Belgian tourist found dead at White Sands National Monument

Your speculation that this has something to do with the observatory closing is not reasonable.

edit on 9/17/18 by BlueAjah because: link

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The high temperature at White Sands reached 97 degrees Fahrenheit on Wednesday.

There’s no shade or water along any of the monument’s trails.

Being mostly desert- 97F is a dry heat, and will suck the water out of you as you sweat. No shade, and no water means if you aren't prepared (and seriously, why aren't there relief stations), You will sweat out your water, salt, and well, bye bye. If this tourist had low blood sugar, it'll happen a lot faster, and nastier, too. You sit down in the desert, and never stand up again. I had something damn similar happen in town. It was warm enough out that I sweated enough water, and then, my blood sugar dropped like a rock out of an airplane. I barely made it someplace indoors with sweet drinks and water. Everyone was SURE I was a step away from a heart attack by the time I staggered in. No warning for me, no nothing- just zing!

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Maybe after a hard couple days of doing espionagey stuff at the solar observatory he decided to take a relaxing break and go for a stroll through the desert.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm not a psychic but here I go again.

That man if died during the day, some other hikers would've found him at some point.
He most like died at night but who know what happened.

If he's the actual suspect then I don't know where to go from there.
If not he's obviously a foreigner who has no idea how big this place is.

I just pray for the dead and his soul because I'm sure he has a family and relatives who'll be in a deep sorrow.

Peace out!

new topics

top topics

<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join